List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Casting call for a redhead...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Casting call for a redhead...

Started by rediculous at 2013/05/20 01:54PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/22 07:37AM, Views: 3616, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/05/20 02:38PM
    Re: Casting call for a redhead...
    Layngel

Yes, recast can be pretty good, it is just weird. I am so used to MS as Phyllis.

I remember on Days when Rinna was replaced as Billie, I don't remember who played her but she did a good job.

I think it must be very hard for a recast though, especially when the actor/actress has a huge fanbase.

I saw that on GH recently when JB left as Lulu. It is lucky they got an experienced soap replacement. She has done a good job, imo. But I still miss JB.

#12   2013/05/20 02:39PM
    Grendel

Quote Squish:
    Quote chancegirl: I don't think she can be replaced. Not for me. MS is irreplaceable.

Me too Chancegirl.

Me three.

#13   2013/05/20 02:47PM
    frootloop

Quote Grendel:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote chancegirl: I don't think she can be replaced. Not for me. MS is irreplaceable.

Me too Chancegirl.

Me three.

Me 4. I heard it was a doppleganger for Lauren.

#14   2013/05/20 02:53PM
    Grendel

If the powers that be at CBS don't think we care about the vets, why shouldn't they get rid of them?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 02:54PM
    #15   2013/05/20 03:10PM
    Paggie

[quote]Quote rediculous: that we have been reading about, referencing to Lauren...but, could that be for the Phyllis character ???[/quote]

Hmmm - I don't know but that casting call sounded pretty specific in that the actress was to be a "voluptuous rehead" and had to resemble Lauren. And I think this was put out a few weeks ago before MS's contract negotiations broke down.

[quote=Grendel] "If the powers that be at CBS don't think we care about the vets, why shouldn't they get rid of them?"[/quote]

I'm sure they have to be aware of the viewer backlash against the influx of new characters and back burnered vets. Just about every soap columnist has called them on it not to mention online bloggers and posters. Their core viewers want to see the vets. They have to balance the canvas to survive. Loosing both JC and MS within the same time period is going to hurt.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 03:12PM
    #16   2013/05/20 06:20PM
    Joy T

The Sandra chick that played Phyllis in the past was ok but seemed to have a dry personality. Michelle is just so gorgeous. I cannot think of another redhead with that much personality and beauty that could take her place. I think the closest actress would be Laura Stone who ayed Skye. They could bring Skye back and just forget about replacing Phyllis.

Look what happened with Abby's and Kyle's replacements? I don't know about ya'll, but they are not doing it for me.

#17   2013/05/20 06:55PM
    pink kiity

strike three for soap killer this is the begnning of the end those who knows who shes is knows about hers and what shes does to soaps.~)

#18   2013/05/20 07:33PM
    trixie60

Quote pink kiity: strike three for soap killer this is the begnning of the end those who knows who shes is knows about hers and what shes does to soaps.~)

Pink kitty, I'm finally beginning to believe you. The new writers are putting the vets on back burners or getting rid of them. The vets are the ones that deserve better treatment and they are being cast aside for newbees that don't have as much experience as the vets. They just are younger and look better to the new writers. This is a big mistake. Especially for long time viewers. To judge by age is discrimination.

#19   2013/05/20 07:35PM
    sunmama

Quote pink kiity: strike three for soap killer this is the begnning of the end those who knows who shes is knows about hers and what shes does to soaps.~)

------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh Pink Kiity don't be shy that would be Jill F Phelps,

#20   2013/05/21 07:55AM
    Newzzz Guru

Laura Leighton could play "Phyllis"...

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list