List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Get Rid of the Winters Family

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Get Rid of the Winters Family

Started by TubChechin at 2013/05/20 09:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 12:57PM, Views: 952, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/20 09:38AM
    Get Rid of the Winters Family
    TubChechin

Time to clean house and remove unused and unwanted goods. This family has been on here too long with no relevant storyline. What's the point? Why are they stringing these actors along?

Neil is a fool. Leslie and Tyler can't drum up enough interest to keep viewers tuned in and Lily? Well, Lily hasn't had a worthwhile storyline or scene in years. The last scene Lily was in where it was only SLIGHTLY interesting is when Chloe almost clocked her for being an intrusive idiot.

Since they like to stick together so much, and all enjoy working together, they should follow Devon and work with him and Tucker in NY.

#2   2013/05/20 10:31AM
    Re: Get Rid of the Winters Family
    MommyofMaggie

I actually like the Winters family but wish Neil weren't such a horndog (can't stay with one woman for one minute) and that Lily weren't relentlessly such a goody two-shoes. I do agree that the writers have not given them anything interesting/compelling to do or worthwhile characters to do it with.

I think Leslie is fine but REALLY don't like the character of Tyler.

Back to the writers: I have no idea who makes up the staff, but have long believed that this bunch have no clue about writing for ethnic characters. A lot of the writing for the African American characters can sound dated, like something out of a 70's blaxploitation movie. And don't get me started on the lame attempts to write for the Latin characters.

Comparing Y&R to B&B, which I have long hated, I have to say that the Black characters on B&B have much more fully-formed lives, interesting occupations, and sound contemporary; so it is possible to write well for ethnic characters. It's just that the Y&R writers can't seem to do it.

#3   2013/05/20 10:35AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

Just because you dont like them is no reason to get rid of them... I love the Winters! Glad they are on the showM

#4   2013/05/20 10:38AM
    bukopandan

To me, it feels like the show is finally starting to use them in a meaningful way again. It feels, too, like there is something big waiting to reveal itself.

#5   2013/05/20 10:41AM
    salsera

Well thank goodness you don't make decisions for the show.

And you're entitled to your opinion but everyone doesn't have to share it. I hope they're given a juicy storyline. To me all of the storylines, not just those involving the Winters, could move a little faster and use some extra "umph".

#6   2013/05/20 10:43AM
    Lanie1959

I don't to rid of them either.......

#7   2013/05/20 10:46AM
    dairymaid

Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: Just because you dont like them is no reason to get rid of them... I love the Winters! Glad they are on the showM

I agree! I am also glad and that the storylines are a little slow but they are moving along and they have some interest as well to them. Sorry that the original poster feels this way but the Winters Family is here to stay.

#8   2013/05/20 11:04AM
    MsSuperSuds

Leave the Winters family on Y&R! Enough core families are being backburnered and destroyed in favor of newbies on the frontburner. The Chancellors, the Abbots, the Fisher-Baldwins, the Williams families are experiencing the same kind of attention deficit on this show as the Winters. The Newmans are the only family that is growing and on screen constantly. Neil was and still is busy propping Leslie, Tyler, Gus in their storylines while he tags along w/ few lines and no story of his own. Don't care for Neslie. Same w/ Lily who is can rarely have a scene w/ her husband or family w/o Tyler in the scene. She has little or no dialogue and no story of her own. Its time for this Tyler dude to stand on his own two feet since the writers are putting him front and cetner all the time. Another AA female newby is coming so I hope she is a romantic interest for him. At least that gets him away from Lily & gives her some breathing room & some scenes w/ somebody else for a change.

Veteran & core characters are languishing in the background on this show b/c of newbies. Writers need to write for those vets and core characters and families. Would I swap out Neil, Lily & Devon for Leslie & Tyler? NO WAY! NEVER!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 11:13AM
    #9   2013/05/20 11:12AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I agree, the Winters family needs to stay.. but needs a revamp... Leslie and Tyler has not done the trick so far.. but maybe they will.. The writers CANNOT spend their entire time on this family... They are trying to revamp this entire soap.. redeam characters that MAB totally ruined.. and replace worn out sets..

They are trying to write for the Vets, set up a foundation for the 2nd generation to take over... while trying to create new characters who blend with established characters.... some of it has worked.. some of it has not.. Yesss, they are professional writers.. but this takes time.. they cannot wave a magic wand and change everything over night.

I am patient and willing to wait.. I waded thorugh garbage for years with the previous writers, so I am more than willing to give this new team a chance..7 months is not long enough to make a significant change..

The young viewers hate Victor .. want him gone.. while the long time viewers love him.. the young viewers want it to move faster.. want hot sex.. fights and violence.. the long time viewers want romance and character driven soap, which is SLOW. We are talking about two different request..

The writers cannot make everyone happy!!!! I see them trying to hit the middle ground..

#10   2013/05/20 11:20AM
    Chicken Alfredo

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I agree, the Winters family needs to stay.. but needs a revamp... Leslie and Tyler has not done the trick so far.. but maybe they will.. The writers CANNOT spend their entire time on this family... They are trying to revamp this entire soap.. redeam characters that MAB totally ruined.. and replace worn out sets..

They are trying to write for the Vets, set up a foundation for the 2nd generation to take over... while trying to create new characters who blend with established characters.... some of it has worked.. some of it has not.. Yesss, they are professional writers.. but this takes time.. they cannot wave a magic wand and change everything over night.

I am patient and willing to wait.. I waded thorugh garbage for years with the previous writers, so I am more than willing to give this new team a chance..7 months is not long enough to make a significant change..

The young viewers hate Victor .. want him gone.. while the long time viewers love him.. the young viewers want it to move faster.. want hot sex.. fights and violence.. the long time viewers want romance and character driven soap, which is SLOW. We are talking about two different request..

The writers cannot make everyone happy!!!! I see them trying to hit the middle ground..

OMG, thank you I wrote a post similar to this in the Lily appreciation thread. People tend to want things to happen on their time. The show is watchable as long as it's going the way they want it to, and it's simply not possible. I haven't watched Y&R this much in years, and I'm happy with what they've given me so far.

And no, the Winters family is here to stay.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list