List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 3640, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #81   2013/05/20 12:49PM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    weatherholt3

It's funny how so many people can watch the same show and so many see it differently.

#82   2013/05/20 12:51PM
    grey

Quote go2girl:
    Quote frootloop:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

Have to give Phyllis credit here though, she knew she was nothing more to Nick then a shrink with benefits, she even said that more than once to Nick. She was never sure she had him, she spent so much of their relationship begging him and screaming what about me.. poor thing...
    And Sharon admitted she was nothing more than an obligation and that is why she wanted the divorce after he turned her down for having a baby together.

That's what makes Sharon much stronger than Phyllis. She wouldn't put up with feeling like an obligation (true or not) while Phyllis begged Nick on numerous occassions (not to mention using Summer to hold on to him).

BTW: Sharon WAS an obligation to Nick...she was his wife and mother of his bio child.

Good post

#83   2013/05/20 12:52PM
    JRTA

Quote Grendel:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote Grendel: That was a different group of writers. If the writers planned to have Nick still in love with Sharon while he was with Phyllis, then he never would have lied about Summer. During that period we still had a couple of writers held over from the Bill Bell days. That is not the case now.

Yep, and this group of writers slammed the door on Phick pretty hard. They had Nick take a hard line with Phyllis on all her lying, cheating and manipulating and divorce her. They had him move on with Avery and Nick has made it clear he DOES NOT WANT Phyllis. If they change Summer's paternity, it's the final nail in that coffin.

As for Shick, these writers have taken these two characters to being completely opposed to each other to getting along. Nick was filled with nothing by animosity towards Sharon, telling her repeatedly he didn't know her, she wasn't the woman he loved, constantly on her about Adam. Now months later, that has passed. Even when Sharon was still seeing Adam, Nick didn't judge, he told her to be careful, because he cared what happened to her. They have open honest conversations and Nick shows honest concern for Sharon and her health.

The only time Nick gives a damn about what Phyllis is doing is when Summer acts out. Particularly the fact that Phyllis turns a blind eye to it.

I hope you are right. I don't know how the new writers feel Nick or Phick, but it's pretty obvious they don't care for Sharon. My heart broke for her today when she was talking to her doctor.

And I've maintained that most of Sharon's BAD decisions over the last several months stem from her still not being completely balanced. And we saw that with her conversation with her Dr.

I live with Bipolar Disorder, it's a constant daily struggle. Even when my meds are right, I still have very bad periods. It's just the highs and lows are not as severe. I am not an expert, and it may be because its too close to me, but what I see with Sharon is a woman that still hasn't come to terms with her illness, nevermind learning to live with it.

#84   2013/05/20 12:53PM
    Grendel

Quote grey: I've read all of these posts and it's all how each one of us interpreted the story at that time. I've watched all those episodes at the time. How we interpret is who we were "siding with". I myself was not happy when Cassie died and it broke up my favorite couple. I believe Nick was more at fault than Sharon or Phyllis. Sharon "released him", not because of Brad because she new Nick wanted to go because of baby. Sharon out of anyone knows Nick the best and has that "special conection" that all first loves have. When their was Faith, he wanted Sharon.. He goes where ever there is a baby.

I remember a very pregnant Sharon lying on the bed on the hospital (after Nick found out he was the father) calling Phyllis! Neither the breakdown nor the baby made Nick leave Phyllis. I don't ever want him with Sharon again after this. I can't stomach seeing Sharon with any of the Newmans except her kids.

#85   2013/05/20 12:55PM
    TGPS

I'm wondering the same thing!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only who remembers how this SL went down!! If it was simply about replacing Cassie, he could've EASILY done so with his WIFE aka Cassie's MOTHER!! Can't try to pretend like he didn't choose one woman over the other when he clearly did. We all saw how fast he ditched Sharon when she told him that Faith wasn't his so it is a fact that he is not willing to raise a baby that's not his with Sharon. Remember he didn't want Cassie initially either. JM can try to soften the blow as much as he wants but you just can't erase what can easily be found on YouTube.

Bottom line is he did for Phyllis what he wouldn't do for Sharon; raise another man's child. Sure he's going to be proven as Summer's biological father anyway but still...

#86   2013/05/20 12:55PM
    weatherholt3

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote habbyfan: If Nick did lie by omission or otherwise, I think Sharon will see Nick as a man who lost his mind to grief.

Cassie was a child who worked her way into his heart,even when he tried to keep her out,she broke down barriers he didn't know existed.

He also felt he had not kept her safe and away from harm.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-e3eViPsI

That is one of my favorite scenes from back then. I don't always think SC is that strong of an actress but she did great work back then. Also, when she and Phyllis had their confrontation in the office, loved that one too.

my opinion I think SC is one of the most talented actress on the show if not the best because of all the craziness she has gone through on the show and she knocks it out of the ball park every time,

#87   2013/05/20 12:57PM
    grey

Quote weatherholt3: It's funny how so many people can watch the same show and so many see it differently.

I know...I just posted about that. Some hate a character so much they find every little thing to belittle them and to turn the fault on them. It's all on how we interpret things on what characters we like.

#88   2013/05/20 01:05PM
    JRTA

Quote Grendel:
    Quote grey: I've read all of these posts and it's all how each one of us interpreted the story at that time. I've watched all those episodes at the time. How we interpret is who we were "siding with". I myself was not happy when Cassie died and it broke up my favorite couple. I believe Nick was more at fault than Sharon or Phyllis. Sharon "released him", not because of Brad because she new Nick wanted to go because of baby. Sharon out of anyone knows Nick the best and has that "special conection" that all first loves have. When their was Faith, he wanted Sharon.. He goes where ever there is a baby.

I remember a very pregnant Sharon lying on the bed on the hospital (after Nick found out he was the father) calling Phyllis! Neither the breakdown nor the baby made Nick leave Phyllis. I don't ever want him with Sharon again after this. I can't stomach seeing Sharon with any of the Newmans except her kids.

Before Summer got sick Nick had left Phyllis for Sharon. Nick told Phyllis he wanted to be with Sharon and the baby, without knowing it was his. Sharon said no, she was staying with Jack. Phyllis wouldn't take him back. It was only when Summer became ill because of Patty, that Phyllis and Nick reunited. Sharon lied at that time about Faith's paternity so Nick wouldn't leave his wife and daughter (like he had done to her when Cassie died.)

It wasn't until months later that Nick learned the truth when he overheard Doris and Sharon talking when Sharon was in the hospital.

So he did leave Phyllis for Sharon and her baby. Sharon sent him back to Summer, because Summer needed her father.

#89   2013/05/20 01:08PM
    TGPS

Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote frootloop:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

G2G, why bother with these posts set up to serve as outlets for Phyl worship and any question asked is just rhetorical! There is no interest in anyone's input. Any replies get trashed. (Yet there's always the getting away with the baiting. Don't get that. It's been nice though not to see the actor's real-life child's pic in avis lately). Every little thing about Sharon is trashed and every little thing about that phreak is praised, and it's to the point of searching for something, anything, to post. Now it's the matter of Nick saying that he simply did not want to have another child at a particular time. So what if a couple or one person in a couple decides to hold off on having a baby--the same thing happens in many thousands of marriages every day!

True. What is most interesting is the fact that Nick did NOT want a child with Phyllis either...she was supposed to be barron but lo & behold, she has a "miraculous" conception (at her age!)...LOL! Yea, OK...

If he didn't want a child with her why did he not do another test so he could get out of being a father.. instead he lied so he could be with Phyllis and her child. He told Sharon flat out he did not want a child with her.

Yet a few years down the road.... there was Faith. But Nick didn't want a child with Sharon, or to be with Sharon at all. Nope he was completely, totally in love with Phyllis and their baby.

Nick could have claimed Phyllis' child and then claimed her to be an unfit mother. Wouldn't be the first time she lost a child that way. The baby was about replacing Cassie. Nick didn't care who the mother was, just that he had a baby to replace the hole in his heart from losing his little girl.

we still do not know for sure who Faith's father is, ONLY Sharon saw the results, and she is bat sh!t crazy!

Nope we sure don't know who Faith's father is!!! Since Sharon is a proven liar and gold-digger, we have every reason to believe that Nick isn't her kid's dad.

#90   2013/05/20 01:17PM
    JRTA

Quote TGPS: I'm wondering the same thing!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only who remembers how this SL went down!! If it was simply about replacing Cassie, he could've EASILY done so with his WIFE aka Cassie's MOTHER!! Can't try to pretend like he didn't choose one woman over the other when he clearly did. We all saw how fast he ditched Sharon when she told him that Faith wasn't his so it is a fact that he is not willing to raise a baby that's not his with Sharon. Remember he didn't want Cassie initially either. JM can try to soften the blow as much as he wants but you just can't erase what can easily be found on YouTube.

Bottom line is he did for Phyllis what he wouldn't do for Sharon; raise another man's child. Sure he's going to be proven as Summer's biological father anyway but still...

Hmmm Nick left Phyllis for Sharon and her baby. Sharon rejected him, Phyllis wouldn't take him back because he chose Sharon. Then Nick and Sharon reunited. They were living together, planning their life together, looking for houses etc when Summer became ill. That is what happened.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list