List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 3837, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #71   2013/05/20 12:38PM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    Squish

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish: To answer the original question

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon?

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

Sure so why is it other characters are chastised for it?

I'm going to assume you are talking specifically about Sharon, if not then disregard this answer....

If you watched today's show you heard Sharon discussing her unhealthy need to have a relationship to feel complete, that's what sets her apart from other characters and why she gets so much grief from me for it. There is a difference between wanting a partner and "needing" a partner.

#72   2013/05/20 12:40PM
    chancegirl

Quote frootloop:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

Oh NO, that doesn't work. If Nick felt guilty then he would have jumped at the chance to give Sharon another child. Giving Sharon another child would have been the perfect way to make up to her for taking her daughter away. There is no way around it, Nick wanted Phyllis. If Sharon ever forgives him she is out of mind! How could Nick do that to Sharon and Noah? It is disgusting!

I agree, if Nick felt so guilty he would have jumped at the chance to have a baby with Sharon but he was emphatic about not having a baby with her. Nick told an 18 year old lie so he could have phyllis and her child.

Then take it up with JM, he was the one who said he claimed summer due to his grief over Cassie. All this back and forth about Nick claimed Summer because he wanted away from Sharon is ludicrous. Especially since he spent his entire marriage to Phyllis chasing Sharon and knocking her up. For someone so desperate to get away from her, he certainly couldn't stay away from he once the marriage was over. But I will admit he has always had a hard time staying away from Phyllis too. He has waffled between the two for years. Now he is in love madly and deeply with Avery and she is the waffler

#73   2013/05/20 12:40PM
    go2girl

Quote frootloop:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

Have to give Phyllis credit here though, she knew she was nothing more to Nick then a shrink with benefits, she even said that more than once to Nick. She was never sure she had him, she spent so much of their relationship begging him and screaming what about me.. poor thing...
    And Sharon admitted she was nothing more than an obligation and that is why she wanted the divorce after he turned her down for having a baby together.

That's what makes Sharon much stronger than Phyllis. She wouldn't put up with feeling like an obligation (true or not) while Phyllis begged Nick on numerous occassions (not to mention using Summer to hold on to him).

BTW: Sharon WAS an obligation to Nick...she was his wife and mother of his bio child.

#74   2013/05/20 12:40PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote rediculous:
    Quote chancegirl:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

since you at least admit you were not watching, that is not what really happened.

the PHICK affair was from the middle of December 2005 to the first week of March 2006, after that Nick and Phyllis were no longer lovers. Even though Nick was about to leave Sharon for Phyllis, with Noah getting hurt he changed his mind and stayed in the marriage. Phyllis did not know she was pregnant until May 11th 2006, told Nick on June 30th 2006, the dna test on July 4th 2006 and Nick getting the results July 14th 2006. Nick told Phyllis he was the father on July 19th 2006 and told Phyllis "I love you and I already love OUR baby"

How does a non Phick fan know exact dates. I can't remember significant dates in my own love life, let alone a soap couples.

Oh chancegirl, you are one smart cookie..

I said I was not a PHICK fan NOW, I never said I was NEVER a PHICK fan

and to answer the ability to know dates, you might need a leasson on how to use the internet! all the answer's are there, you just have to know how to type!

#75   2013/05/20 12:40PM
    Grendel

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Grendel: That was a different group of writers. If the writers planned to have Nick still in love with Sharon while he was with Phyllis, then he never would have lied about Summer. During that period we still had a couple of writers held over from the Bill Bell days. That is not the case now.

Yep, and this group of writers slammed the door on Phick pretty hard. They had Nick take a hard line with Phyllis on all her lying, cheating and manipulating and divorce her. They had him move on with Avery and Nick has made it clear he DOES NOT WANT Phyllis. If they change Summer's paternity, it's the final nail in that coffin.

As for Shick, these writers have taken these two characters to being completely opposed to each other to getting along. Nick was filled with nothing by animosity towards Sharon, telling her repeatedly he didn't know her, she wasn't the woman he loved, constantly on her about Adam. Now months later, that has passed. Even when Sharon was still seeing Adam, Nick didn't judge, he told her to be careful, because he cared what happened to her. They have open honest conversations and Nick shows honest concern for Sharon and her health.

The only time Nick gives a damn about what Phyllis is doing is when Summer acts out. Particularly the fact that Phyllis turns a blind eye to it.

I hope you are right. I don't know how the new writers feel Nick or Phick, but it's pretty obvious they don't care for Sharon. My heart broke for her today when she was talking to her doctor.

#76   2013/05/20 12:43PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote BabyVelvet: Nick was too selfish and immature to be a real man.
    Sharon didn't do anything wrong, but Nick compounded her pain 100X by deserting his family in their time of need.
    Is it too difficult to understand that he took the EASY way out?

so I guess you don't think committing adultery with your brother in law is wrong? asking him to run away with you leaving you only living child behind MULTIPLE times is wrong either then?

Sharon started throwing herself at Brad before Cassie was cold in the grave.

#77   2013/05/20 12:46PM
    Grendel

Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Nick was too selfish and immature to be a real man.
    Sharon didn't do anything wrong, but Nick compounded her pain 100X by deserting his family in their time of need.
    Is it too difficult to understand that he took the EASY way out?

so I guess you don't think committing adultery with your brother in law is wrong? asking him to run away with you leaving you only living child behind MULTIPLE times is wrong either then?

Sharon started throwing herself at Brad before Cassie was cold in the grave.

OMG. I forgot all about that. Why oh why do we have to drag all this up again? Mark my words, this will mean nothing but pain and heartache for Jack and Sharon!

#78   2013/05/20 12:47PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote JRTA:
    Quote frootloop:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

G2G, why bother with these posts set up to serve as outlets for Phyl worship and any question asked is just rhetorical! There is no interest in anyone's input. Any replies get trashed. (Yet there's always the getting away with the baiting. Don't get that. It's been nice though not to see the actor's real-life child's pic in avis lately). Every little thing about Sharon is trashed and every little thing about that phreak is praised, and it's to the point of searching for something, anything, to post. Now it's the matter of Nick saying that he simply did not want to have another child at a particular time. So what if a couple or one person in a couple decides to hold off on having a baby--the same thing happens in many thousands of marriages every day!

True. What is most interesting is the fact that Nick did NOT want a child with Phyllis either...she was supposed to be barron but lo & behold, she has a "miraculous" conception (at her age!)...LOL! Yea, OK...

If he didn't want a child with her why did he not do another test so he could get out of being a father.. instead he lied so he could be with Phyllis and her child. He told Sharon flat out he did not want a child with her.

Yet a few years down the road.... there was Faith. But Nick didn't want a child with Sharon, or to be with Sharon at all. Nope he was completely, totally in love with Phyllis and their baby.

Nick could have claimed Phyllis' child and then claimed her to be an unfit mother. Wouldn't be the first time she lost a child that way. The baby was about replacing Cassie. Nick didn't care who the mother was, just that he had a baby to replace the hole in his heart from losing his little girl.

we still do not know for sure who Faith's father is, ONLY Sharon saw the results, and she is bat sh!t crazy!

#79   2013/05/20 12:47PM
    go2girl

Quote Squish:
    Quote habbyfan: If Nick did lie by omission or otherwise, I think Sharon will see Nick as a man who lost his mind to grief.

Cassie was a child who worked her way into his heart,even when he tried to keep her out,she broke down barriers he didn't know existed.

He also felt he had not kept her safe and away from harm.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=la-e3eViPsI

That is one of my favorite scenes from back then. I don't always think SC is that strong of an actress but she did great work back then. Also, when she and Phyllis had their confrontation in the office, loved that one too.

#80   2013/05/20 12:48PM
    grey

I've read all of these posts and it's all how each one of us interpreted the story at that time. I've watched all those episodes at the time. How we interpret is who we were "siding with". I myself was not happy when Cassie died and it broke up my favorite couple. I believe Nick was more at fault than Sharon or Phyllis. Sharon "released him", not because of Brad because she new Nick wanted to go because of baby. Sharon out of anyone knows Nick the best and has that "special conection" that all first loves have. When their was Faith, he wanted Sharon.. He goes where ever there is a baby.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list