List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 3998, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2013/05/20 11:32AM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    JRTA

Quote Grendel: I really believe this is going to be the end of Shick. Sharon would have to be pretty stupid to believe that Nick didn't chose Phyllis over her after she finds out about this. This is even worse that what Adam did.

Or it could be just the beginning!?! If Nick's lie sends Sharon into a tail spin, maybe this time he will be there to support her and both will rediscover why they were together in the first place.

It's all about the stroke of the writers pen.

#42   2013/05/20 11:33AM
    BabyVelvet

He wanted to ESCAPE his pain. Looking at Sharon's sad face every day was too much for him, he chose to be with a big red ox, instead. It doesn't mean he didn't love Sharon, it meant he'd rather screw and lie, than be a real man.

#43   2013/05/20 11:35AM
    rediculous

Nick did not plan to have one with Phyllis either, Summer was an accident, but when the miracle conception happened Nick took advantage of it to replace the child he lost, didn't really matter who the mother was, as long as Nick knew there was the possibility of him being the father again, he grabbed it..

#44   2013/05/20 11:35AM
    JRTA

Quote BabyVelvet: He wanted to ESCAPE his pain. Looking at Sharon's sad face every day was too much for him, he chose to be with a big red ox, instead. It doesn't mean he didn't love Sharon, it meant he'd rather screw and lie, than be a real man.

*Applaud, Applaud* (man we need some action buttons around here LOL) ITA with this too!

#45   2013/05/20 11:36AM
    frootloop

Quote Grendel:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

Oh NO, that doesn't work. If Nick felt guilty then he would have jumped at the chance to give Sharon another child. Giving Sharon another child would have been the perfect way to make up to her for taking her daughter away. There is no way around it, Nick wanted Phyllis. If Sharon ever forgives him she is out of mind! How could Nick do that to Sharon and Noah? It is disgusting!

I agree, if Nick felt so guilty he would have jumped at the chance to have a baby with Sharon but he was emphatic about not having a baby with her. Nick told an 18 year old lie so he could have phyllis and her child.

#46   2013/05/20 11:36AM
    habbyfan

If Nick did lie by omission or otherwise, I think Sharon will see Nick as a man who lost his mind to grief.

Cassie was a child who worked her way into his heart,even when he tried to keep her out,she broke down barriers he didn't know existed.

He also felt he had not kept her safe and away from harm.

#47   2013/05/20 11:39AM
    frootloop

Quote rediculous:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

Have to give Phyllis credit here though, she knew she was nothing more to Nick then a shrink with benefits, she even said that more than once to Nick. She was never sure she had him, she spent so much of their relationship begging him and screaming what about me.. poor thing...
    And Sharon admitted she was nothing more than an obligation and that is why she wanted the divorce after he turned her down for having a baby together.

#48   2013/05/20 11:42AM
    frootloop

Quote Squish: To answer the original question

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon?

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

This post is brilliant. Thank you.

#49   2013/05/20 11:54AM
    BabyVelvet

Nick was too selfish and immature to be a real man.
    Sharon didn't do anything wrong, but Nick compounded her pain 100X by deserting his family in their time of need.
    Is it too difficult to understand that he took the EASY way out?

#50   2013/05/20 11:57AM
    frootloop

The easy way out would have been going back with his wife and son and not lying about Summer for 18 years.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list