List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 3897, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2013/05/20 10:54AM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    Squish

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote Squish: To answer the original question

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon?

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

Great post

Thanks

#32   2013/05/20 11:13AM
    JRTA

It's how funny that two people can view the same thing and take such a different interpretation of it. (Although I'm not obsessive about the need to be right)

I remember Nick telling Sharon now was not a good time, not that he didn't want another baby with her. Their marriage was still rocky, he was still lusting for Phyllis, and some of those conversations DID happen after he knew that Phyllis was pregnant.

I also remember that Nick had NUMEROUS outs. If he wanted to be with Phyllis, he could have left Sharon, but he didn't. Even after she exposed his affair, he wanted to stay with her and rebuild their marriage and family. Even when Nick lied about the paternity test (lie by omission is still a lie), he wanted to stay with Sharon and raise the baby. It was only when his ego was bruised by seeing Sharon had run to Brad, that he finally gave up fighting for her.

He never had to fight for Phyllis, cause she threw herself at Nick at every chance. Including manipulating him telling him she'd raise the baby alone.

If Summer is Jack's, I will be happy. If Summer is Nick's, no skin off my back. Still doesn't change that his entire marriage to Phyllis, Nick could never get Sharon out of his system.

#33   2013/05/20 11:18AM
    Grendel

Nick had a easy out. He could have said the baby is Jack's and then gone home to his wife and baby. That would have been the end of him and Phyllis. Then he and Sharon could have rebuilt their marriage and had a new baby. But he didn't. Nick could have bad 3 babies with Sharon if he wanted another child. I am not letting him off the hook. I also have serious doubts about his love for Phyllis' sister!

#34   2013/05/20 11:18AM
    edaem1

Quote JRTA: It's how funny that two people can view the same thing and take such a different interpretation of it. (Although I'm not obsessive about the need to be right)

I remember Nick telling Sharon now was not a good time, not that he didn't want another baby with her. Their marriage was still rocky, he was still lusting for Phyllis, and some of those conversations DID happen after he knew that Phyllis was pregnant.

I also remember that Nick had NUMEROUS outs. If he wanted to be with Phyllis, he could have left Sharon, but he didn't. Even after she exposed his affair, he wanted to stay with her and rebuild their marriage and family. Even when Nick lied about the paternity test (lie by omission is still a lie), he wanted to stay with Sharon and raise the baby. It was only when his ego was bruised by seeing Sharon had run to Brad, that he finally gave up fighting for her.

He never had to fight for Phyllis, cause she threw herself at Nick at every chance. Including manipulating him telling him she'd raise the baby alone.

If Summer is Jack's, I will be happy. If Summer is Nick's, no skin off my back. Still doesn't change that his entire marriage to Phyllis, Nick could never get Sharon out of his system.

JRTA, great post and exactly the way I remember it.

#35   2013/05/20 11:20AM
    Grendel

I really believe this is going to be the end of Shick. Sharon would have to be pretty stupid to believe that Nick didn't chose Phyllis over her after she finds out about this. This is even worse that what Adam did.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/20 11:21AM
    #36   2013/05/20 11:21AM
    edaem1

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

G2G, why bother with these posts set up to serve as outlets for Phyl worship and any question asked is just rhetorical! There is no interest in anyone's input. Any replies get trashed. (Yet there's always the getting away with the baiting. Don't get that. It's been nice though not to see the actor's real-life child's pic in avis lately). Every little thing about Sharon is trashed and every little thing about that phreak is praised, and it's to the point of searching for something, anything, to post. Now it's the matter of Nick saying that he simply did not want to have another child at a particular time. So what if a couple or one person in a couple decides to hold off on having a baby--the same thing happens in many thousands of marriages every day!

OMG, when I initially saw this thread I had exactly the same response. So glad that you posted this. Why ask a question, then answer it and spend subsequent posts driving your point home while glorifying Phyllis.

#37   2013/05/20 11:27AM
    rediculous

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

since you at least admit you were not watching, that is not what really happened.

the PHICK affair was from the middle of December 2005 to the first week of March 2006, after that Nick and Phyllis were no longer lovers. Even though Nick was about to leave Sharon for Phyllis, with Noah getting hurt he changed his mind and stayed in the marriage. Phyllis did not know she was pregnant until May 11th 2006, told Nick on June 30th 2006, the dna test on July 4th 2006 and Nick getting the results July 14th 2006. Nick told Phyllis he was the father on July 19th 2006 and told Phyllis "I love you and I already love OUR baby"

How does a non Phick fan know exact dates. I can't remember significant dates in my own love life, let alone a soap couples.

Oh chancegirl, you are one smart cookie..

#38   2013/05/20 11:28AM
    rediculous

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote chancegirl:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

nope, sorry! at that time, Nick and Sharon were not "grieving" at all, Sharon was out sniffing around Brad, committing adultery with Brad, begging Brad to run away with her leaving her only living child behind! and Nick and Phyllis were no longer having an affair.

since you were not watching the show at the time:

Phyllis had to sign a release with her Doctor who released the dna markers to the lab Nick used. Nick asked Phyllis the name of her Dr. to give to the lab. Phyllis did not know the name of the lab until she found the empty envelope pulled out the phone book and called the lab for the results, which they declined to give her siting HIPAA law and regulations.

Why did you pose a question and tell a poster they were wrong when they don't go along with your way of thinking. Since you seem to cling to JMs words like a life line you think you would know the answer to your question. And then you claim you aren't a Phick fan, yet you have been posting about them non stop. Sorry but if the writers cared about Phyllis they would give her a storyline And some screen time. For some reason they have given it all to her younger sister, including her man. And the funniest part is he is totally in love with Avery and Avery only. Unlike when he was with Phyllis or Sharon. Avery is the one who loves someone else and will break his heart.

so much word to this post.

sure is!! the truth prevails...

#39   2013/05/20 11:29AM
    edaem1

Quote rediculous:
    Quote chancegirl:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote ski lady: I was so bummed when Cassie died that I stopped watching for awhile, but my daughter kept me informed. Nick felt guilt and despair, but he tried to escape emotionally and....enter Phyllis. She was a distraction and pretty soon she was pregnant.

since you at least admit you were not watching, that is not what really happened.

the PHICK affair was from the middle of December 2005 to the first week of March 2006, after that Nick and Phyllis were no longer lovers. Even though Nick was about to leave Sharon for Phyllis, with Noah getting hurt he changed his mind and stayed in the marriage. Phyllis did not know she was pregnant until May 11th 2006, told Nick on June 30th 2006, the dna test on July 4th 2006 and Nick getting the results July 14th 2006. Nick told Phyllis he was the father on July 19th 2006 and told Phyllis "I love you and I already love OUR baby"

How does a non Phick fan know exact dates. I can't remember significant dates in my own love life, let alone a soap couples.

Oh chancegirl, you are one smart cookie..

LMAO!

#40   2013/05/20 11:29AM
    JRTA

Quote Grendel: Nick had a easy out. He could have said the baby is Jack's and then gone home to his wife and baby. That would have been the end of him and Phyllis. Then he and Sharon could have rebuilt their marriage and had a new baby. But he didn't. Nick could have bad 3 babies with Sharon if he wanted another child. I am not letting him off the hook. I also have serious doubts about his love for Phyllis' sister!

When Nick told Sharon the baby was his, why did he tell her he still wanted to be with her and Noah. Why not just ask for a divorce? Then he was free to be with Phyllis. It was only after Nick's ego was bruised by Sharon not accepting his plans (wanting to have his cake and eat it to) and Sharon turning to Brad, that they both agreed their marriage was over.

Fast forward a couple years and Nick learns that Sharon is pregnant and it COULD be his baby. Without having the paternity test results, Nick LEFT Phyllis. He told her he wanted to be with Sharon, Noah and their new baby. When Sharon rejected him and said she was staying with Jack, Nick tried to bounce back on Phyllis again. Phyllis didn't want him because she had spent their whole marriage fighting for his attention with Sharon, who he admitted to still being in love with.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list