List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 3867, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 page:
    #101   2013/05/20 03:08PM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    weatherholt3

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish: To answer the original question

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon?

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

Sure so why is it other characters are chastised for it?

I'm going to assume you are talking specifically about Sharon, if not then disregard this answer....

If you watched today's show you heard Sharon discussing her unhealthy need to have a relationship to feel complete, that's what sets her apart from other characters and why she gets so much grief from me for it. There is a difference between wanting a partner and "needing" a partner.

Don't we all "need" someone? It's just as you posted, we all want that and we all need that. I understand what you're saying about Sharon and that there is an unhealthy part of it but that's exactly what Phyllis was for Nick at his time of grief...it's what we're all saying. He needed what she was offering at that time in his life b/c he was in a bad place.

We all need and want love

#102   2013/05/20 04:16PM
    edaem1

Well with MS leaving the show, does it really matter to Phick fans if Sweet Pea is really Jack's?

#103   2013/05/20 06:07PM
    Blue 501

Quote TGPS: I'm wondering the same thing!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only who remembers how this SL went down!! If it was simply about replacing Cassie, he could've EASILY done so with his WIFE aka Cassie's MOTHER!! Can't try to pretend like he didn't choose one woman over the other when he clearly did. We all saw how fast he ditched Sharon when she told him that Faith wasn't his so it is a fact that he is not willing to raise a baby that's not his with Sharon. Remember he didn't want Cassie initially either. JM can try to soften the blow as much as he wants but you just can't erase what can easily be found on YouTube.

Bottom line is he did for Phyllis what he wouldn't do for Sharon; raise another man's child. Sure he's going to be proven as Summer's biological father anyway but still...

Simmer was lying in a hospital bed in a coma, was she not? That is the reason Sharon lied to Nick about their baby's paternity. She was allowing Nick to go to his (presumed) sick child. (I don't think she completely realized she would not get him back when the crisis was over though).

#104   2013/05/20 06:39PM
    JRTA

Quote Blue 501:
    Quote TGPS: I'm wondering the same thing!!! Glad to know that I'm not the only who remembers how this SL went down!! If it was simply about replacing Cassie, he could've EASILY done so with his WIFE aka Cassie's MOTHER!! Can't try to pretend like he didn't choose one woman over the other when he clearly did. We all saw how fast he ditched Sharon when she told him that Faith wasn't his so it is a fact that he is not willing to raise a baby that's not his with Sharon. Remember he didn't want Cassie initially either. JM can try to soften the blow as much as he wants but you just can't erase what can easily be found on YouTube.

Bottom line is he did for Phyllis what he wouldn't do for Sharon; raise another man's child. Sure he's going to be proven as Summer's biological father anyway but still...

Simmer was lying in a hospital bed in a coma, was she not? That is the reason Sharon lied to Nick about their baby's paternity. She was allowing Nick to go to his (presumed) sick child. (I don't think she completely realized she would not get him back when the crisis was over though).

You are right. Without knowing the baby Sharon was carrying was his, Nick left Phyllis. With time, Sharon and Nick started building a life together. Sharon got the paternity results and was relieved that Nick was the father. Until it came out how sick Summer was. Then she made the choice to lie to Nick and say the baby was Jack's, because she didn't want to do to Phyllis and Summer, what Phyllis did to her and Noah... take Nick away in a crisis. I don't think for one moment she thought Nick would come back to her. She sent him away and planned to raise the baby with Jack. Months later, Nick learned the truth, and almost instantly knew what Sharon had done and why.

While Sharon may have slept with three men, when the test results were recieved it was clear the results. Nick is Faith's father.

The rest is just fan fic.

#105   2013/05/20 06:47PM
    sunmama

In the words of TGVN, well, I'll be daymed.....some people have waaaaayyyyy too much invested in this storyline.

#106   2013/05/20 08:39PM
    grey

Quote JRTA:
    Quote TGPS: Nick chose Phyllis over Sharon over and over again and no amount of spinning can change what happened. Fact is Nick wanted to be with Phyllis no matter who was the dad but the same cant be said for Sharon.

As for little Faith, there are PLENTY of folks who think that Sharon lied about her paternity. It was a 3way WTD for crying out loud!! Nick is not and was never her father. That was just gold-digger Sharon being her usual lowdown/delusional self. Sharon LIED big time and she will be exposed in due time

Keep telling yourself that...

Wow are we watching the same show?????

#107   2013/05/20 08:42PM
    grey

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Blue 501:

You are right. Without knowing the baby Sharon was carrying was his, Nick left Phyllis. With time, Sharon and Nick started building a life together. Sharon got the paternity results and was relieved that Nick was the father. Until it came out how sick Summer was. Then she made the choice to lie to Nick and say the baby was Jack's, because she didn't want to do to Phyllis and Summer, what Phyllis did to her and Noah... take Nick away in a crisis. I don't think for one moment she thought Nick would come back to her. She sent him away and planned to raise the baby with Jack. Months later, Nick learned the truth, and almost instantly knew what Sharon had done and why.

While Sharon may have slept with three men, when the test results were recieved it was clear the results. Nick is Faith's father.

The rest is just fan fic.

Yup..that's how it happened. If anyone diagrees with you they can't be watching the same show!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list