List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon

Started by TxRangerFan at 2013/05/20 09:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 08:42PM, Views: 4008, Replies: 106
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #91   2013/05/20 01:18PM
    Re: Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon
    go2girl

Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish: To answer the original question

Why did Nick not want to have a baby with Sharon?

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

Sure so why is it other characters are chastised for it?

I'm going to assume you are talking specifically about Sharon, if not then disregard this answer....

If you watched today's show you heard Sharon discussing her unhealthy need to have a relationship to feel complete, that's what sets her apart from other characters and why she gets so much grief from me for it. There is a difference between wanting a partner and "needing" a partner.

Don't we all "need" someone? It's just as you posted, we all want that and we all need that. I understand what you're saying about Sharon and that there is an unhealthy part of it but that's exactly what Phyllis was for Nick at his time of grief...it's what we're all saying. He needed what she was offering at that time in his life b/c he was in a bad place.

#92   2013/05/20 01:22PM
    go2girl

Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote frootloop:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

G2G, why bother with these posts set up to serve as outlets for Phyl worship and any question asked is just rhetorical! There is no interest in anyone's input. Any replies get trashed. (Yet there's always the getting away with the baiting. Don't get that. It's been nice though not to see the actor's real-life child's pic in avis lately). Every little thing about Sharon is trashed and every little thing about that phreak is praised, and it's to the point of searching for something, anything, to post. Now it's the matter of Nick saying that he simply did not want to have another child at a particular time. So what if a couple or one person in a couple decides to hold off on having a baby--the same thing happens in many thousands of marriages every day!

True. What is most interesting is the fact that Nick did NOT want a child with Phyllis either...she was supposed to be barron but lo & behold, she has a "miraculous" conception (at her age!)...LOL! Yea, OK...

If he didn't want a child with her why did he not do another test so he could get out of being a father.. instead he lied so he could be with Phyllis and her child. He told Sharon flat out he did not want a child with her.

Yet a few years down the road.... there was Faith. But Nick didn't want a child with Sharon, or to be with Sharon at all. Nope he was completely, totally in love with Phyllis and their baby.

Nick could have claimed Phyllis' child and then claimed her to be an unfit mother. Wouldn't be the first time she lost a child that way. The baby was about replacing Cassie. Nick didn't care who the mother was, just that he had a baby to replace the hole in his heart from losing his little girl.

we still do not know for sure who Faith's father is, ONLY Sharon saw the results, and she is bat sh!t crazy!

Nick didn't know for sure who the paternity of Faith was yet he dropped Phyllis like a hot potato to run back to Sharon. BTW, better for bat sh!t crazy Sharon to handle the paternity results than Nick. He has proven he isn't capable of handling them appropriately.

#93   2013/05/20 01:24PM
    JRTA

Quote TGPS:
    Quote TxRangerFan:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote frootloop:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote go2girl: Guilt...he was responsible for her child having a tragic accident. He felt shame from Sharon.

BTW...can you explain how Nick went to a DNA lab and got tested regarding Summer's paternity without a sample from Phyllis? It seems she would know the lab if she submitted a sample for comparison...

G2G, why bother with these posts set up to serve as outlets for Phyl worship and any question asked is just rhetorical! There is no interest in anyone's input. Any replies get trashed. (Yet there's always the getting away with the baiting. Don't get that. It's been nice though not to see the actor's real-life child's pic in avis lately). Every little thing about Sharon is trashed and every little thing about that phreak is praised, and it's to the point of searching for something, anything, to post. Now it's the matter of Nick saying that he simply did not want to have another child at a particular time. So what if a couple or one person in a couple decides to hold off on having a baby--the same thing happens in many thousands of marriages every day!

True. What is most interesting is the fact that Nick did NOT want a child with Phyllis either...she was supposed to be barron but lo & behold, she has a "miraculous" conception (at her age!)...LOL! Yea, OK...

If he didn't want a child with her why did he not do another test so he could get out of being a father.. instead he lied so he could be with Phyllis and her child. He told Sharon flat out he did not want a child with her.

Yet a few years down the road.... there was Faith. But Nick didn't want a child with Sharon, or to be with Sharon at all. Nope he was completely, totally in love with Phyllis and their baby.

Nick could have claimed Phyllis' child and then claimed her to be an unfit mother. Wouldn't be the first time she lost a child that way. The baby was about replacing Cassie. Nick didn't care who the mother was, just that he had a baby to replace the hole in his heart from losing his little girl.

we still do not know for sure who Faith's father is, ONLY Sharon saw the results, and she is bat sh!t crazy!

Nope we sure don't know who Faith's father is!!! Since Sharon is a proven liar and gold-digger, we have every reason to believe that Nick isn't her kid's dad.

Its funny how this is the best argument that some can come up with. A small number a wishful thinking viewers, who love to bash Sharon continue this little fan fic. But thanks for the entertainment.

#94   2013/05/20 01:29PM
    Squish

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:

When the original story aired Nick had just learned that Phyllis was pregnant and that he may be the father so it's my opinion that he didn't totally reject the idea of having a baby with Sharon so much as he wanted Phyllis and her baby. He was completely torn between two women one whom he shared a past and one he couldn't get out of his blood, I think he let the baby take the decision out of his hands he decided to claim the baby so he could have both women and a baby. This new story can't change what happened on screen originally and neither can all the "adjustments" along the way from the various other writing regimes. Phick was spontaneous, intense, and healing to both Nick and Phyllis...they were both in a place where they needed love and devotion. Call it a "shrink with benefits" if you want but isn't that what every relationship is? Don't we pair up with other people to have someone to share our pain, to brighten our future, and help us get through this thing we call life.

I'm going to assume you are talking specifically about Sharon, if not then disregard this answer....

If you watched today's show you heard Sharon discussing her unhealthy need to have a relationship to feel complete, that's what sets her apart from other characters and why she gets so much grief from me for it. There is a difference between wanting a partner and "needing" a partner.

Don't we all "need" someone? It's just as you posted, we all want that and we all need that. I understand what you're saying about Sharon and that there is an unhealthy part of it but that's exactly what Phyllis was for Nick at his time of grief...it's what we're all saying. He needed what she was offering at that time in his life b/c he was in a bad place.

I disagree about Nick, he wasn't in a bad place at least not regarding his grief over Cassie. His marriage was still rocky but that was as much about Sharon and Brad as it was Nick. It makes no difference how many times the writers tell me (or how you or "we all") tell me that Nick was behaving I know what I saw in 2004 and from an objective standpoint when it aired originally Nick was not consumed by guilt, grief, or anger when the PHICK affair started he was disconnected from his wife because their marriage couldn't withstand the loss of their daughter that's it.

#95   2013/05/20 01:36PM
    TGPS

Nick chose Phyllis over Sharon over and over again and no amount of spinning can change what happened. Fact is Nick wanted to be with Phyllis no matter who was the dad but the same cant be said for Sharon.

As for little Faith, there are PLENTY of folks who think that Sharon lied about her paternity. It was a 3way WTD for crying out loud!! Nick is not and was never her father. That was just gold-digger Sharon being her usual lowdown/delusional self. Sharon LIED big time and she will be exposed in due time

#96   2013/05/20 01:37PM
    go2girl

Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:

I disagree about Nick, he wasn't in a bad place at least not regarding his grief over Cassie. His marriage was still rocky but that was as much about Sharon and Brad as it was Nick. It makes no difference how many times the writers tell me (or how you or "we all") tell me that Nick was behaving I know what I saw in 2004 and from an objective standpoint when it aired originally Nick was not consumed by guilt, grief, or anger when the PHICK affair started he was disconnected from his wife because their marriage couldn't withstand the loss of their daughter that's it.

EXACTLY!!! That's the point. Most marriages do not survive the death of a child.

#97   2013/05/20 02:12PM
    TGPS

This SL certainly seems to be turning into a nightmare for certain fans. Not only will Nick be pr

#98   2013/05/20 02:15PM
    JRTA

Quote TGPS: Nick chose Phyllis over Sharon over and over again and no amount of spinning can change what happened. Fact is Nick wanted to be with Phyllis no matter who was the dad but the same cant be said for Sharon.

As for little Faith, there are PLENTY of folks who think that Sharon lied about her paternity. It was a 3way WTD for crying out loud!! Nick is not and was never her father. That was just gold-digger Sharon being her usual lowdown/delusional self. Sharon LIED big time and she will be exposed in due time

Keep telling yourself that...

#99   2013/05/20 02:15PM
    TGPS

This SL certainly seems to be turning into a nightmare for certain fans. Not only will Nick be proven as dad but Shick will be even more damaged than before!!! Guess folks should be more careful with what they wish for...

Something tells me that the nightmare has only just begun though. The real fun will occur when Faith is revealed as Jack's . I always thought that TPTB would pull a switch-a-roo and change Faith's paternity instead and I think we'll be seeing that in the near future!!!

#100   2013/05/20 03:07PM
    weatherholt3

Quote TGPS: Nick chose Phyllis over Sharon over and over again and no amount of spinning can change what happened. Fact is Nick wanted to be with Phyllis no matter who was the dad but the same cant be said for Sharon.

If Nick isn't Faith father then why didn't Sharon say something when Nick was keeping Faith from her when she was with Adam

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list