List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why is the Board so Dead?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is the Board so Dead?

Started by lesepps at 2013/05/19 12:09PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 10:41AM, Views: 2069, Replies: 48
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2013/05/19 05:29PM
    Re: Why is the Board so Dead?
    lesepps

Quote pepperboy: I think the board is boring cause the show is (l won't say boring) not as good as it use to be. l know l'm in the minority but l miss MAB! By now we would've had at least 3 murder mysteries and no way the congressman would've just got arested we still would be wondering who killed him: Adam, Victor, Tyler, Lesley or Gus etc. alot of dramatic story telling missed on that and other s/l as well.

Excellent points.

#32   2013/05/19 05:34PM
    thorabirch

Quote Jackie10: The only thing keeping me watching is Shadam. I could care less about the rest of the boring story lines. Tyler makes Lilly more interesting. Cane is better on his own. But do not like the storyline he is in. Could care less about Summer, Fen and Kyle. Chloe and Kevin have gone off the deep end. CL and Dylan are ok together but they could both leave the show and I would not notice. And Summers paternity really who cares she is 18 years old now. The damage has been done. Ready for some good story for Phyllis and Jack. And Nick and Avery.

Not to mention as someone said the same threads about the same subjects started over and over. And people wanting to stir the pot and fight instead of be kind and just post about the thread topic. They turn ever post into a bash Sharon or bash Adam or bash Phyllis thread is gets tiring.

We are going to get the story with Jack and Phyllis. We will see poor Jack crying and broken hearted yet again because Phyllis done him wrong, again. She doesn't love him and it's about time for him to find that out.

#33   2013/05/19 05:44PM
    Gemini50

[quote]Quote pepperboy: I think the board is boring cause the show is (l won't say boring) not as good as it use to be. l know l'm in the minority but l miss MAB! By now we would've had at least 3 murder mysteries and no way the congressman would've just got arested we still would be wondering who killed him: Adam, Victor, Tyler, Lesley or Gus etc. alot of dramatic story telling missed on that and other s/l as well. [/qYou are not in the minority. I have had the same thoughts how much better the stories were under MAB, better writing,
    more suspensef.ul, exiting, well thought out, and entertaining. She was also a very brave to do some of the things she did. ITA with your post

#34   2013/05/19 06:43PM
    ladycam

[quote]Quote Gemini50: [quote]Quote pepperboy: I think the board is boring cause the show is (l won't say boring) not as good as it use to be. l know l'm in the minority but l miss MAB! By now we would've had at least 3 murder mysteries and no way the congressman would've just got arested we still would be wondering who killed him: Adam, Victor, Tyler, Lesley or Gus etc. alot of dramatic story telling missed on that and other s/l as well. [/qYou are not in the minority. I have had the same thoughts how much better the stories were under MAB, better writing,
    more suspensef.ul, exiting, well thought out, and entertaining. She was also a very brave to do some of the things she did. ITA with your post[/quote]

ITA with your post. Myself miss MAB being trying with the new regime but losing interest day by day. The love stories were cute you couldn't help falling with a couple even if they were all wrong for each other. I miss those days also murder mysteries and the drama.

#35   2013/05/19 07:04PM
    Muscetoe

For me I'm blue and disenchanted with the stories, everyone sees unhappy save a few but I tune in because its an escape from everyday life but who needs misery at every turn we need something to look forward to. So much turmoil not enough JOY.

#36   2013/05/19 09:20PM
    beezwax

Quote lesepps: Is Summer's paternity the only thing we have to talk about?

Well the Winters and the Rogans aren't interesting.

Dylan who was once catching the ladies' eyes has now been shelved as boring ever since being in Chelsea's company.

Sharon and Adam...same old do-si-do...d'oh!

Victoria's whining is like a constant toothache.

Jack and Phyllis is another snore-fest. Nick and Avery ...ditto.

Kevin and Chloe had stopped making sense a long time ago.

Michael and Lauren, now that's intense, man. Wouldn't want to be his shoes....

To make things interesting again, shake 'em up. These couples aren't working out. Find them new partners!!!

#37   2013/05/19 09:33PM
    beezwax

Quote pepperboy: I think the board is boring cause the show is (l won't say boring) not as good as it use to be. l know l'm in the minority but l miss MAB! By now we would've had at least 3 murder mysteries and no way the congressman would've just got arested we still would be wondering who killed him: Adam, Victor, Tyler, Lesley or Gus etc. alot of dramatic story telling missed on that and other s/l as well.

I too missed the MAB.... but of the early years. She was good then but towards the end she was as cuckoo as Sharon's character. Maybe her own personality reflects in her writing and took shape as Sharon's illness. Those "Whodunit" mysteries of hers took too long to unravel. Diane's murder took more than 1/2 a year to solve. Too boring. Not to say the new writers are any good, just worse in a different way. NEW NEW writers please!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/19 09:35PM
    #38   2013/05/20 05:09AM
    Blue 501

I think the board has become boring because so many of the most interesting and wittiest posters have simply disappeared. I don't know where most of them have gone, but I sure do miss them. I recognize a handful of the current posters but most of them I have never heard of until lately.

#39   2013/05/20 05:59AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

It's dead because there isn't much to talk about. For ME, I can not get into all the newbies. I prefer the VETS with a splash of newbies....

So I tune out most of the time unless the show has mainly the VETS!

#40   2013/05/20 06:39AM
    coolkraft

Quote beezwax:
    Quote lesepps: Is Summer's paternity the only thing we have to talk about?

Well the Winters and the Rogans aren't interesting.

Dylan who was once catching the ladies' eyes has now been shelved as boring ever since being in Chelsea's company.

Sharon and Adam...same old do-si-do...d'oh!

Victoria's whining is like a constant toothache.

Jack and Phyllis is another snore-fest. Nick and Avery ...ditto.

Kevin and Chloe had stopped making sense a long time ago.

Michael and Lauren, now that's intense, man. Wouldn't want to be his shoes....

To make things interesting again, shake 'em up. These couples aren't working out. Find them new partners!!!

agree 100%....these storylines are boring boring boring...whatever happened to the good old days of Y & R????

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list