List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why is the Board so Dead?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is the Board so Dead?

Started by lesepps at 2013/05/19 12:09PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 10:41AM, Views: 2066, Replies: 48
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/05/19 04:03PM
    Re: Why is the Board so Dead?
    JRTA

Hmmm... could be that viewers aren't interested in all the newbies being shoved down our throats. Same can be said by some (not me) about the vets. (Best show in a while was Fri Cdn.... featuring a veteran cast, with supporting newbies... JMO.)

It could be that most posters have become tired and bored with the same repetitive threads. I know I find it annoying that the same posters start simular threads over and over... especially when the topic is already being discussed in existing threads. Then there is the whole "SPOILER" thing... I'm sure that drives some away. (FYI, doesn't hurt to re-read the rules at the top of the forums re: spoilers & duplicate threads).

BUT it probably has something to do with the fact that it's the WEEKEND, (long wknd in Canada) most of us are having some beautiful spring/summer like weather and we are getting outside and enjoying it.

I've spent the last two days in the garden. Now I will be spending time on my deck with my feet up, a cold drink in hand and something to numb the pain!

#22   2013/05/19 04:06PM
    Georgia rain

My reasons:
    Shadam, so sick of this stupid storyline.. It's digusts me to no end, it has ruined Sharon and made her look like an idiot. Not interested in Leslie, Neil and Tyler, fast forward material. love Chelsea and Dylan, they have become my favorite characters. Interested in who Summer's real dad is.. I hope it is Jack. They just need to put Chadam back together so they can raise there baby together.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/19 04:07PM
    #23   2013/05/19 04:17PM
    thorabirch

Quote JRTA: Hmmm... could be that viewers aren't interested in all the newbies being shoved down our throats. Same can be said by some (not me) about the vets. (Best show in a while was Fri Cdn.... featuring a veteran cast, with supporting newbies... JMO.)

It could be that most posters have become tired and bored with the same repetitive threads. I know I find it annoying that the same posters start simular threads over and over... especially when the topic is already being discussed in existing threads. Then there is the whole "SPOILER" thing... I'm sure that drives some away. (FYI, doesn't hurt to re-read the rules at the top of the forums re: spoilers & duplicate threads).

BUT it probably has something to do with the fact that it's the WEEKEND, (long wknd in Canada) most of us are having some beautiful spring/summer like weather and we are getting outside and enjoying it.

I've spent the last two days in the garden. Now I will be spending time on my deck with my feet up, a cold drink in hand and something to numb the pain!

It's no wonder with the truly silly, never ending threads about Summer's paternity. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed it. It was as if the fate of the universe rested on the paternity of an 18 year old soap character. lol

#24   2013/05/19 04:22PM
    Jackie10

The only thing keeping me watching is Shadam. I could care less about the rest of the boring story lines. Tyler makes Lilly more interesting. Cane is better on his own. But do not like the storyline he is in. Could care less about Summer, Fen and Kyle. Chloe and Kevin have gone off the deep end. CL and Dylan are ok together but they could both leave the show and I would not notice. And Summers paternity really who cares she is 18 years old now. The damage has been done. Ready for some good story for Phyllis and Jack. And Nick and Avery.

Not to mention as someone said the same threads about the same subjects started over and over. And people wanting to stir the pot and fight instead of be kind and just post about the thread topic. They turn ever post into a bash Sharon or bash Adam or bash Phyllis thread is gets tiring.

#25   2013/05/19 04:25PM
    Piperay

I had to force myself to even look at Thursdays & Fridays shows after finding out they were a build-up to ... nothing. I finally looked at both of them this morning, ya much ado about nothing. *yawn*

I thought the Lauren/Carmine affair was going to lead to blackmail or something interesting. All it was ... nothing. All that just to end with a whimper and Michael's forgiveness. *yawn*

Summer's paternity, dragged out longer and probably leading to most likely ... nothing. *yawn*

#26   2013/05/19 04:39PM
    lesepps

Quote Piperay: I had to force myself to even look at Thursdays & Fridays shows after finding out they were a build-up to ... nothing. I finally looked at both of them this morning, ya much ado about nothing. *yawn*

I thought the Lauren/Carmine affair was going to lead to blackmail or something interesting. All it was ... nothing. All that just to end with a whimper and Michael's forgiveness. *yawn*

Summer's paternity, dragged out longer and probably leading to most likely ... nothing. *yawn*

Well that's what happens when such a big deal is made out of something that has been around for so long. How could there not be a let down? No matter how it goes, in the end nothing much will change. Nick will always be Summer's father. Just like Nick would always be Cassie's father.

#27   2013/05/19 05:01PM
    BabyVelvet

Nick was Cassie's father till she died.
    Jack will be Summer's father for the rest of her life.

#28   2013/05/19 05:06PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote thorabirch:
    Quote JRTA: Hmmm... could be that viewers aren't interested in all the newbies being shoved down our throats. Same can be said by some (not me) about the vets. (Best show in a while was Fri Cdn.... featuring a veteran cast, with supporting newbies... JMO.)

It's no wonder with the truly silly, never ending threads about Summer's paternity. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed it. It was as if the fate of the universe rested on the paternity of an 18 year old soap character. lol

It isn't about Summer, as much as it is about a storyline that was left with big gaping holes, about the two core families. Anvils fell, red herrings surfaced, many years have passed, and we're anxiously awaiting the answer to the question: Who is the real father of Phyllis' baby?
    It's like a puzzle where people have taken sides.
    Personally, I think Nick's swimmers would never make a baby with anyone but sweet Sharon.

#29   2013/05/19 05:28PM
    pepperboy

I think the board is boring cause the show is (l won't say boring) not as good as it use to be. l know l'm in the minority but l miss MAB! By now we would've had at least 3 murder mysteries and no way the congressman would've just got arested we still would be wondering who killed him: Adam, Victor, Tyler, Lesley or Gus etc. alot of dramatic story telling missed on that and other s/l as well.

#30   2013/05/19 05:28PM
    lesepps

Quote BabyVelvet: Nick was Cassie's father till she died.
    Jack will be Summer's father for the rest of her life.

Brad was Abby's father until HE died. It wasn't until After Brad's death that Abby thought of Victor as her dad. Jack will never be Summer's father in any way that counts. Summer and Phyllis both adore Nick, that will never change. If anything they will both resent Jack.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list