List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)

Started by Qu33nTeelovesAdam at 2013/05/18 06:45PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 10:47AM, Views: 2773, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/05/19 04:20PM
    Re: VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)
    thorabirch

Quote Rilynne: Times have changed and how many of us watch online or DVR and watch later. When I had soap network I watched that after work or the whole week on Saturday night. Maybe they need to come up with a new way to do the ratings. I agree the vets are the core of the show but they have to have newbies. They always have, just remember there was a day when the Abbott family was new, Victor, Nikki, the Williams family, as so on. But it takes time to build a character and they have to remember that instead of trying to shove them down our throats. I remember when each summer they have a group of new young talent on which helped bring in the younger viewers that were home from school. I also enjoyed that.

Nothing is shoved down our throats. If we dont' like it we don't have to watch.

#22   2013/05/19 07:16PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I have been watchng Y&R since 1976, taped while I worked.. and loved watching it at night..It was my way of escaping my life for an hour.. I loved the night time shows until the mid 90's.. then they became more than stupid to me.. I gradually lost interest in alllllll of them... but somehow I still enjoy watching a soap or two.. yesssss, it is pure fantasy, but I know it is.. but those night time shows are not just fantasy to me, they are stupid fantasy..

Everyone to their own taste. but yesss, I see the genre leaving.. because they are not exciting enough for the younger people.. the values and everything in this country has changed..especially what people like to watch for entertainment.. It seems the dirtier the better, hot sex, and violence, from what I am observing.. then you have people of today very entertained. If day time switched to that format.. they would have that younger crowd.

#23   2013/05/20 04:44AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I have been watchng Y&R since 1976, taped while I worked.. and loved watching it at night..It was my way of escaping my life for an hour.. I loved the night time shows until the mid 90's.. then they became more than stupid to me.. I gradually lost interest in alllllll of them... but somehow I still enjoy watching a soap or two.. yesssss, it is pure fantasy, but I know it is.. but those night time shows are not just fantasy to me, they are stupid fantasy..

Everyone to their own taste. but yesss, I see the genre leaving.. because they are not exciting enough for the younger people.. the values and everything in this country has changed..especially what people like to watch for entertainment.. It seems the dirtier the better, hot sex, and violence, from what I am observing.. then you have people of today very entertained. If day time switched to that format.. they would have that younger crowd.

Times have changed. I have a 27 year old who thinks the show sucks and she said the worst character for her was Victor Newman! She thinks he is geriatric bully snd unbelievable character.... Even the new eye candy didnt bring her back to the show.

Younger crowd just isnt interested!

But I enjoyed the show that will air today 5/20/13...

#24   2013/05/20 10:13AM
    Coonfoot

Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I have been watchng Y&R since 1976, taped while I worked.. and loved watching it at night..It was my way of escaping my life for an hour.. I loved the night time shows until the mid 90's.. then they became more than stupid to me.. I gradually lost interest in alllllll of them... but somehow I still enjoy watching a soap or two.. yesssss, it is pure fantasy, but I know it is.. but those night time shows are not just fantasy to me, they are stupid fantasy..

Times have changed. I have a 27 year old who thinks the show sucks and she said the worst character for her was Victor Newman! She thinks he is geriatric bully snd unbelievable character.... Even the new eye candy didnt bring her back to the show.

Younger crowd just isnt interested!

But I enjoyed the show that will air today 5/20/13...

What I don't understand is why they keep switching the actors that play the younger generation. Blake Hood was just starting to grow on me....and Marcy Rylan was the best Abby. Now, I have to swallow the fact that they totally look, sound and act differently and try to get use to it, if I want to continue to watch. They do know that MOST people who watch soaps are women between the ages of 30 and 70, don't they? We don't want to get invested in an actor's portrayal of a character, only to tune in the next day to see a different face playing that same character. WHAAAA (that's me whining).

#25   2013/05/20 10:47AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

I dont know the key to bringing back viewers, but i do know thatmire VETS with a splssh of Newbies works for me!

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list