List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)

Started by Qu33nTeelovesAdam at 2013/05/18 06:45PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 10:47AM, Views: 2715, Replies: 24
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/18 06:45PM
    VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)
    Qu33nTeelove...

Monday the 20th show that aired Friday for CANADA was a treat for me! It was great to see the Vets do their thing.

Micheal and Lauren broke my heart... They have been together for a long (soap) time and to see them go throught this break up is killing me. Him trying to get past Lauren being with Carmine, but to no avail.

Sharon and Nick.. It was so nice to see them together..just talking about Cassue snd Sharon picking up on Nick worrying about sonthing. and how well they know each other. Nick at Cassies grave site and Sharon with her therapist.. Baring her soul, her pain, her disappointment on how she views her life and where she want to go.

Paul and det. Chavez with the new lady det. Abby showing, trying not to be jeaous...

Really good show..reminded me of the original young n the restless

K U D O S! Very emotional show! Good job more of this please, less of the newbues!

#2   2013/05/18 06:53PM
    Re: VETS...& a splash of Newbies (spoiler)
    hopey pix

I saw half of it when I got home from work,Friday after 5:30PM,on Global(in Canada)!!I also saw Lauren and Michael having it out a bit,and her comforting Fen can truly say that it was the only really great scene I saw Fen do so far.He was very understanding with his mom,which surprised the heck out me!!He's been mostly a super-brat from the get go!!I guess he's coming into his own finally,like Blake Hood did!Now,I know I'll never get used to this NU-Kyle,and thought Blake was doing a super job at Y&R!!No change really needed at all!!I just can't stand JFP,and the way she just lets people go!!They need to keep show-casing our vets!!WE STILL WANT THEM AROUND,JFP!!!

#3   2013/05/18 08:45PM
    JRTA

It was definitely one of the best episodes in recent months. Just the right combination of our vets with a little bit of newbie added in. It reminded me of what the late great Bill Bell was famous for.

If the current regime would continue to follow this recipe, along with improving things like long term planning (there still seems to be too many shifts) and building the female characters to be stronger, it will go along way with viewers.

#4   2013/05/18 09:21PM
    Paggie

Loved this episode for exactly the same reasons. I cared about the characters I was watching - just as I have done for years. New faces were either supporting established characters or adding just a "splash" of new interest to the canvas. Carmine is the soap staple "jeopardy" character to create drama. Relationships drove stories. Character history and interconnections were played. The teen story was tied to the vets story. It was all blended together in a way that reminded me of Bill Bell's storytelling. This is the formula that works!

#5   2013/05/19 06:28AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

I also wish the new regime had respect for our show and the VETS because this was a very good combination of cast members... Just how it should be!

#6   2013/05/19 07:03AM
    Joy T

Awesome posts! The VETS on Y&R is the glue that holds this soap to it's highest standards. The extraordinary actors who portray:
    Victor-Nicki
    Jack-Phyllis
    Nick-Sharon
    Neal Winters and daughter Lily
    Michael-Lauren
    Paul Williams
    Jill
    Late Mrs. C
    These actors/actresses are fabulous and I cannot get enough of Y&R when they are on screen.

Young and upcoming Kyle, Summer, Abby and new detective are good in smaller doses. Did not care for Chelsea until Dylan was brought in. Great chemistry between these 2 and they look so cute together.

Now that our lovely Mrs C has departed, I am hoping to see a fabulous Jill take center. I would love a Paul and Jill pairing. I don't know why writers paired Paul with Chris since she is rarely seen. Send Chris back to DC and give Paul to Jill.

#7   2013/05/19 07:14AM
    thorabirch

It's good for those of us who enjoyed it. But Ms. Phelps was brought in by CBS because she was at the helm of Hollywood Heights. That's a show that directed toward a very young audience. I really believe that if Phelps and Griffith can't deliver that young audience, Y&R will be gone in a couple of years.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/19 07:15AM
    #8   2013/05/19 07:19AM
    thorabirch

Quote Paggie: Loved this episode for exactly the same reasons. I cared about the characters I was watching - just as I have done for years. New faces were either supporting established characters or adding just a "splash" of new interest to the canvas. Carmine is the soap staple "jeopardy" character to create drama. Relationships drove stories. Character history and interconnections were played. The teen story was tied to the vets story. It was all blended together in a way that reminded me of Bill Bell's storytelling. This is the formula that works!

This formula WORKED past tense. Those were the days when soaps were routinely drawing 8 or 9 million sometimes 10 viewers a day. Now the number one soap can't even draw 5 million viewers during sweeps.

#9   2013/05/19 07:37AM
    Joy T

Unfortunately, I am not sure any formula is going to work. There are very few stay at home parents these days unlike the past when our Mom's stayed home and watched. New age retirees are busy and on the go so they don't have the interests as our grandmas. Teens seem to care less about it.

I'm able to DVR or watch it on soap channel at night. I think we better enjoy it as much as we can because the end may be coming sooner than we think.

#10   2013/05/19 08:56AM
    thorabirch

Quote Joy T: Unfortunately, I am not sure any formula is going to work. There are very few stay at home parents these days unlike the past when our Mom's stayed home and watched. New age retirees are busy and on the go so they don't have the interests as our grandmas. Teens seem to care less about it.

I'm able to DVR or watch it on soap channel at night. I think we better enjoy it as much as we can because the end may be coming sooner than we think.

Even if they could watch, the soap genre will not work for young people today. Let's face it, many soap staples are really dumb. No kid today will believe in these absurd WTD story lines like the two playing out now. NO kid with half a brain is going to believe DNA can be switched.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list