List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!

Started by shanakane at 2013/05/17 01:17PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 03:57PM, Views: 10264, Replies: 94
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #41   2013/05/17 03:01PM
    Re: Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!
    go2girl

Quote Tambam: I feel that Nick will be the father. But being the complete idiot he is
    He'll leave his little box of tricks laying around with all the twenty years of lies for whoever to find.... and that will be the story...trust me i was raked over the coals by so many with my opinion on the h&r.... but i wa right. I know Nick is the dad

I know Nick is not the dad.

#42   2013/05/17 03:02PM
    yandrfan99

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Yale Steam:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: that Nick is the father! at least I hope that is how it will read!

There's no drama if Nick is the father. The story would end.

If Jack is the father, all hell breaks loose!

The story would end says you!! But that is not so. The issue is that Nick lied for 18 years and he been a hypocrite judging Phyllis all these when he has cheated over and over again but he cold not forgive Phyllis. And he has lied for years and all the while preaching to everyone else about being honest etc.

It's not that the story will end if another paternity test proves Nick is the father. It's just that it would be very anticlimactic. Maybe the writers could pull it off but I doubt it.

You are right if Nick is the father it would be a very boring ending to what started out to be a great s/l. Much the same as if Michael never found out that Lauren was having sex with Carmine. Why would they waste their time with the build up do go nowhere with it.

#43   2013/05/17 03:03PM
    grey

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: that Nick is the father! at least I hope that is how it will read!

All stories end, this is just a spring board to many more regardless the results it's just the beginning to many more if Summer's a Newman or an Abbott...Kyle and Summer are probably the real story here.

TV Guide Magazine: How bad will this get? The truth's gotta come out, right?

Morrow: Finally the guilt is too much and Nick, unbeknownst to anyone, does another paternity test using hair from Summer's hairbrush, and that comes back 99.9 percent conclusive. There's big trouble if the baby is Jack's. Obviously it would affect so many people — Summer, Kyle, Faith, Sharon. It would be very far-reaching. [Laughs] It'll probably send Nikki back to the booze but that's the way we like her — a little sauced. But no matter how it turns out, Phyllis will be furious. Hell hath no fury like the Red Tornado in an uproar. [Laughs] I think there may be carnage.

If Nick is the father, he has no reason to tell. He would continue to keep his secret. If Jack is the father, then Nick would be forced to tell.

It's obvious where this story is heading....like Josh said, CARNAGE.

There's never any secrets that don't get found out in GC...you know someone will find the results. There's just as much story in Nick staying the father as there is in it changing. The lie is the story and a springboard to the summer romance of Summer and Kyle.

A Summer/Kyle romance is boring...it's a story but it's boring. A paternity change would make the lie even bigger b/c the consequences of the lie changes many things for many characters. The writers are at a fork in the road and the question is which one will they take: 1) Boring status quo or 2) a show stopping scenario. Seems like a no brainer.

I think another late life paternity change is boring

^ Me too! At this point Nick raised Summer and he is his father just like Neil is Lily's father. Being a father isn't always determined by biology just look at Nick Cassie.

Of course Summer will be upset if Jack ends up being her bio dad, but it won't change the fact that Nick raised her and was the one who was there for her for the last 18 years.

Jack was very much in love with Phyllis I think he would've been a great dad to Summer.....given he would've had the chance

#44   2013/05/17 03:04PM
    go2girl

Quote Yale Steam: You all swore out that this letter would with a doubt reveal Jack to be the father. Well, you were wrong!

Moving on...

There is another way someone could find out Nick's secret. Someone is going to come across that old letter and the new results and realize Nick has been lying for over 18 years whether he is Summer's biological father or not.

Who is everybody that said this? The big reveal proves that Nick isn't the father b/c the test was inconclusive & Nick lied over his grief for Cassie...we all saw this coming. Also, so what that someone finds Nick's letter and he lied? It changes nothing if he remains Summer's father. That he lied???...sure but he's done that for YEARS with his cheating ways. Not very eventful.

#45   2013/05/17 03:07PM
    go2girl

Quote ChrissyK: I think this is what Nick tells Phyllis the following week that Sharon will witness. It would also explain why Phyllis moves back in with Jack with Summer and why she and Jack become concerned about her & Kyle.

Do you think they try to keep this from Summer???

#46   2013/05/17 03:09PM
    LilMonkey84

Quote grey:
    Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:

All stories end, this is just a spring board to many more regardless the results it's just the beginning to many more if Summer's a Newman or an Abbott...Kyle and Summer are probably the real story here.

TV Guide Magazine: How bad will this get? The truth's gotta come out, right?

Morrow: Finally the guilt is too much and Nick, unbeknownst to anyone, does another paternity test using hair from Summer's hairbrush, and that comes back 99.9 percent conclusive. There's big trouble if the baby is Jack's. Obviously it would affect so many people — Summer, Kyle, Faith, Sharon. It would be very far-reaching. [Laughs] It'll probably send Nikki back to the booze but that's the way we like her — a little sauced. But no matter how it turns out, Phyllis will be furious. Hell hath no fury like the Red Tornado in an uproar. [Laughs] I think there may be carnage.

If Nick is the father, he has no reason to tell. He would continue to keep his secret. If Jack is the father, then Nick would be forced to tell.

It's obvious where this story is heading....like Josh said, CARNAGE.

There's never any secrets that don't get found out in GC...you know someone will find the results. There's just as much story in Nick staying the father as there is in it changing. The lie is the story and a springboard to the summer romance of Summer and Kyle.

A Summer/Kyle romance is boring...it's a story but it's boring. A paternity change would make the lie even bigger b/c the consequences of the lie changes many things for many characters. The writers are at a fork in the road and the question is which one will they take: 1) Boring status quo or 2) a show stopping scenario. Seems like a no brainer.

I think another late life paternity change is boring

^ Me too! At this point Nick raised Summer and he is his father just like Neil is Lily's father. Being a father isn't always determined by biology just look at Nick Cassie.

Of course Summer will be upset if Jack ends up being her bio dad, but it won't change the fact that Nick raised her and was the one who was there for her for the last 18 years.

Jack was very much in love with Phyllis I think he would've been a great dad to Summer.....given he would've had the chance

Well he wasn't given the chance and Nick raised Summer from birth. A DNA test doesn't necessarily determine who someone's father is. Nick will always be looked by Summer as her dad. He raised her and has been there for the last 18 years.

#47   2013/05/17 03:09PM
    bukopandan

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Yale Steam: You all swore out that this letter would with a doubt reveal Jack to be the father. Well, you were wrong!

Moving on...

There is another way someone could find out Nick's secret. Someone is going to come across that old letter and the new results and realize Nick has been lying for over 18 years whether he is Summer's biological father or not.

Who is everybody that said this? The big reveal proves that Nick isn't the father b/c the test was inconclusive & Nick lied over his grief for Cassie...we all saw this coming. Also, so what that someone finds Nick's letter and he lied? It changes nothing if he remains Summer's father. That he lied???...sure but he's done that for YEARS with his cheating ways. Not very eventful.

There is always that stuffy, condescending direct reference to an "all" or "some" that just makes me roll my eyes. G2G, don't even bother!

#48   2013/05/17 03:14PM
    LucySnowe

Quote go2girl:

Moving on...

Yes, not only were those of us who believed Nick lied not wrong. We were right. I don't think there were legions of poster saying "they all" knew what was precisely in the letter. Just because the story is playing out slightly differently makes no difference to the fact that the anvils were actually anvils indicating Summer's paternity was going to be addressed. And that she will be revealed to be an Abbott.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/17 03:15PM
    #49   2013/05/17 03:22PM
    chancegirl

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote leprecaun28: Why would Nick wait until Summer was 18 to get a paternity test done? Has he had enough of the teenager's antics and wants to wipe his hands of her? I don't get this storyline.....

Ummm...no. He's doing this now because she is interested in Kyle and there is a possibility that they could be half siblings. Nick will always feel like Summer's father regardless of the results of this new test.

Well if Kyle and Summer fall in love, that is where the drama will come from if they are siblings. That is what will change. The fact that Kyle is starting to reciprocate is what leads me to believe they will confirm Jack as the father.

#50   2013/05/17 04:08PM
    rediculous

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote leprecaun28: Why would Nick wait until Summer was 18 to get a paternity test done? Has he had enough of the teenager's antics and wants to wipe his hands of her? I don't get this storyline.....

Ummm...no. He's doing this now because she is interested in Kyle and there is a possibility that they could be half siblings. Nick will always feel like Summer's father regardless of the results of this new test.

Well if Kyle and Summer fall in love, that is where the drama will come from if they are siblings. That is what will change. The fact that Kyle is starting to reciprocate is what leads me to believe they will confirm Jack as the father.

I seem to be agreeing with so many of your posts lately chancegirl, this is another one that makes perfect sense!1

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list