List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!

Started by shanakane at 2013/05/17 01:17PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 03:57PM, Views: 10171, Replies: 94
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #31   2013/05/17 02:42PM
    Re: Josh Morrow Talks Summer's Paternity!
    ChrissyK

Quote Yale Steam:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: that Nick is the father! at least I hope that is how it will read!

There's no drama if Nick is the father. The story would end.

If Jack is the father, all hell breaks loose!

The story would end says you!! But that is not so. The issue is that Nick lied for 18 years and he been a hypocrite judging Phyllis all these when he has cheated over and over again but he cold not forgive Phyllis. And he has lied for years and all the while preaching to everyone else about being honest etc.

The only way Phyllis or anyone would know about Nick lying is if the next test comes back and says Summer is Jack's since Nick wouldn't have to tell anyone what he did if the results showed he was Summer's father. It would be stupid of him to keep the paperwork or to out of the blue go to Phyllis and say "Hey I lied to you 18 years ago about being Summer's father but I recently took a DNA test and it came out I really am" Who would do that??

The writers are going for shock and drama with this storyline because in the end it will change the lifes of so many people.

#32   2013/05/17 02:46PM
    go2girl

Quote Squish:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote shanakane:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: that Nick is the father! at least I hope that is how it will read!

All stories end, this is just a spring board to many more regardless the results it's just the beginning to many more if Summer's a Newman or an Abbott...Kyle and Summer are probably the real story here.

TV Guide Magazine: How bad will this get? The truth's gotta come out, right?

Morrow: Finally the guilt is too much and Nick, unbeknownst to anyone, does another paternity test using hair from Summer's hairbrush, and that comes back 99.9 percent conclusive. There's big trouble if the baby is Jack's. Obviously it would affect so many people — Summer, Kyle, Faith, Sharon. It would be very far-reaching. [Laughs] It'll probably send Nikki back to the booze but that's the way we like her — a little sauced. But no matter how it turns out, Phyllis will be furious. Hell hath no fury like the Red Tornado in an uproar. [Laughs] I think there may be carnage.

If Nick is the father, he has no reason to tell. He would continue to keep his secret. If Jack is the father, then Nick would be forced to tell.

It's obvious where this story is heading....like Josh said, CARNAGE.

There's never any secrets that don't get found out in GC...you know someone will find the results. There's just as much story in Nick staying the father as there is in it changing. The lie is the story and a springboard to the summer romance of Summer and Kyle.

A Summer/Kyle romance is boring...it's a story but it's boring. A paternity change would make the lie even bigger b/c the consequences of the lie changes many things for many characters. The writers are at a fork in the road and the question is which one will they take: 1) Boring status quo or 2) a show stopping scenario. Seems like a no brainer.

I think another late life paternity change is boring

Yes..it certainly would be. But this isn't a Jill/Kay thing done over for the umpteenth time. This particular "late life paternity change" affects LOTS of main characters and has severe consequences...especially for lovebirds Kyle & Summer as well as their parents. Furthermore, it's something that most (yes most) viewers have believed and wanted to see since the s/l began.

#33   2013/05/17 02:46PM
    Tambam

I feel that Nick will be the father. But being the complete idiot he is
    He'll leave his little box of tricks laying around with all the twenty years of lies for whoever to find.... and that will be the story...trust me i was raked over the coals by so many with my opinion on the h&r.... but i wa right. I know Nick is the dad

#34   2013/05/17 02:49PM
    Yale Steam

You all swore out that this letter would with a doubt reveal Jack to be the father. Well, you were wrong!

Moving on...

There is another way someone could find out Nick's secret. Someone is going to come across that old letter and the new results and realize Nick has been lying for over 18 years whether he is Summer's biological father or not.

#35   2013/05/17 02:50PM
    ChrissyK

I think this is what Nick tells Phyllis the following week that Sharon will witness. It would also explain why Phyllis moves back in with Jack with Summer and why she and Jack become concerned about her & Kyle.

#36   2013/05/17 02:53PM
    ChrissyK

Quote Yale Steam: You all swore out that this letter would with a doubt reveal Jack to be the father. Well, you were wrong!

Moving on...

There is another way someone could find out Nick's secret. Someone is going to come across that old letter and the new results and realize Nick has been lying for over 18 years whether he is Summer's biological father or not.

There is no drama if in the end Nick is her father! I would hope the new writers are watching shows like Scandal and realize shocking twist have to happen.

#37   2013/05/17 02:55PM
    LucySnowe

Quote ChrissyK:
    Quote Yale Steam:
    Quote shanakane:

The story would end says you!! But that is not so. The issue is that Nick lied for 18 years and he been a hypocrite judging Phyllis all these when he has cheated over and over again but he cold not forgive Phyllis. And he has lied for years and all the while preaching to everyone else about being honest etc.

The only way Phyllis or anyone would know about Nick lying is if the next test comes back and says Summer is Jack's since Nick wouldn't have to tell anyone what he did if the results showed he was Summer's father. It would be stupid of him to keep the paperwork or to out of the blue go to Phyllis and say "Hey I lied to you 18 years ago about being Summer's father but I recently took a DNA test and it came out I really am" Who would do that??

The writers are going for shock and drama with this storyline because in the end it will change the lifes of so many people.

So funny. If Nick managed to hide the "letter" for 18 years, I think he can continue to hide it. And so what if someone finds a letter confirming Summer is his daughter? It's not earth-shattering. It's weird. But not that big a deal.

I thought that interview makes it very clear where the story is going. Where the drama is.

#38   2013/05/17 02:55PM
    yandrfan99

Thank you very much that was interesting. Now we can put to rest that Nick left Sharon because of his great love for Phyllis He left because he wanted Phylliss' child to be a replacement for Cassie the child he loved with all his heart.

#39   2013/05/17 02:57PM
    grey

Quote shanakane:

You're right....Jack is the father...if he wasn't why even bring this story up...the story would end...and all hell needs to break loose on Y&R...this is the perfect storyline that affects so many main characters

#40   2013/05/17 03:00PM
    Jackie10

I like most believed Summer was Jacks when he delivered her in the elevator. But it wasnt something that I felt the need to know at the time because I liked Phyllis and Nick together. And I so wanted Sharon to be with Brad. And now that Nick lied to every one for 18 years he is worse than Adam. And it doesnt matter if he is or isnt Summers dad. He said he was when there was a 50% chance he wasnt and he knew Sharon gave him to Phyllis because he said he was the baby daddy. So he put Sharon and Noah through hell for a lie. He could have taken the test again and ended the lies back then but would not man up and do it. There is no excuse good enough for what he did.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list