List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jill without Katherine

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jill without Katherine

Started by glisthe1 at 2013/05/15 09:08PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/17 11:23AM, Views: 746, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/05/15 09:08PM
    Jill without Katherine
    glisthe1

What a loss Katherine Chancelor is. I miss her so much already. However do not let Jill slip through the cracks. You will never have a story like Katherine/Jill....and this affair that happened in the 70's and these two crazy women never stopped bitching about. Never. It is classic. Done. Jill can have memories and the show can show flashbacks of fights forever...and they should, but....keep Jill relevant. Let her marry Brock. Give her relevance and power ...give her the praise we gave Katherine. She deserves it. They are the most loved...strongest coupling this show has or will ever have. Don't lose Jill though. Jess Walton is fabulous in this part. Don't dismiss her. Katherine and Jill often is why I want to watch...and I don't want to see Jill put to backburner and dismissed. Give her a strong love interest.....hell let Victor fall in love with her....why not

#2   2013/05/16 08:52AM
    Re: Jill without Katherine
    mollyandwally

I want them to keep Jill too. Jill is the only one who can keep Katherine, the Chancellor Mansion set, and Chancellor Industries relevant on this show because she is the ONLY character that's been that story for the 40 years along with Kay.

Unlike the Newmans & Abbotts no younger "Chancellor" generation a has been developed long-term. Sure they have connected DNA, like Devon, Mac, and Chance but no younger character was developed beside Katherine for 10-15 years like Jack, Ashley, Tracy, or Nick, Victoria, Victor & Nikki so Jill needs to establish it.

Also Y&R is desperately lacking a mature female that's powerful in business. The women used to be involved before MAB. Even way back in the 80s the females had positions of power,with % ownership & board seats. Without Katherine ONLY the men hold the powers positions in Genoa City.

#3   2013/05/16 10:38AM
    Saturn12345

Quote mollyandwally: I want them to keep Jill too. Jill is the only one who can keep Katherine, the Chancellor Mansion set, and Chancellor Industries relevant on this show because she is the ONLY character that's been that story for the 40 years along with Kay.

Unlike the Newmans & Abbotts no younger "Chancellor" generation a has been developed long-term. Sure they have connected DNA, like Devon, Mac, and Chance but no younger character was developed beside Katherine for 10-15 years like Jack, Ashley, Tracy, or Nick, Victoria, Victor & Nikki so Jill needs to establish it.

Also Y&R is desperately lacking a mature female that's powerful in business. The women used to be involved before MAB. Even way back in the 80s the females had positions of power,with % ownership & board seats. Without Katherine ONLY the men hold the powers positions in Genoa City.

Jill has already been on recurring status for a while now, which is what she wanted to be with her grand kids. I read that she just got an apartment near the studio. I hope they have her full time now.

#4   2013/05/17 08:28AM
    Krystalball

Since they never show her with Billy and his family, and she has not love interest, what is there for her to do?

#5   2013/05/17 08:31AM
    Saturn12345

Quote Krystalball: Since they never show her with Billy and his family, and she has not love interest, what is there for her to do?

Fight to get the company, or atleast work with Cane for the company. Jill and Katherine were great together, I just loved their acting, SUPERB. Will miss their arguements. Funny Jill calling her 'you old bat'. lol

#6   2013/05/17 10:13AM
    Krystalball

If Katherine wanted Jill to have CI, Jill wouldn't have to fight for it.

#7   2013/05/17 10:47AM
    dimples32

Quote glisthe1: What a loss Katherine Chancelor is. I miss her so much already. However do not let Jill slip through the cracks. You will never have a story like Katherine/Jill....and this affair that happened in the 70's and these two crazy women never stopped bitching about. Never. It is classic. Done. Jill can have memories and the show can show flashbacks of fights forever...and they should, but....keep Jill relevant. Let her marry Brock. Give her relevance and power ...give her the praise we gave Katherine. She deserves it. They are the most loved...strongest coupling this show has or will ever have. Don't lose Jill though. Jess Walton is fabulous in this part. Don't dismiss her. Katherine and Jill often is why I want to watch...and I don't want to see Jill put to backburner and dismissed. Give her a strong love interest.....hell let Victor fall in love with her....why not

I have been watching this show since 1985, and I feel a tremendous loss of losing Jeanne Cooper a.k.a Mrs. Chancellor, Mrs. Kay, Or Katherine Chancellor... I have seen many fights between her and Jill most of them where funny watching to old ladies fighting or arguing... And Jill's favorite old bat!!! She will be missed terrible... R.I.P Jeanne Cooper 5/8/2013

#8   2013/05/17 11:23AM
    Krystalball

It would be nice to see Jill with her son and grandchildren.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list