List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How the Chadam Baby Storyline Should Have Gone

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How the Chadam Baby Storyline Should Have Gone

Started by iloveromances at 2013/05/12 08:10PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/17 04:48PM, Views: 962, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/12 08:10PM
    How the Chadam Baby Storyline Should Have Gone
    iloveromances

When Chelsea was in the hospital scared she would lose this baby, the doctor should have said that this was a high-risk pregnancy and she needed to avoid stress.

She would make attempts to tell Adam the truth about the baby and Sharon would somehow always be there. Chelsea would then have flashbacks to the highly stressful days of her being bombarded with Sharon's issues interfering in her marriage. Chelsea would then worry about the baby's health and possibly get panic attacks.

For the baby's safety, she would decide not to tell Adam. She would become friends with Dylan whose leaving town and she would tell her plan to him. He would agree thinking that he's leaving town and Adam will just think the father is a deadbeat.

However, Dylan and Chelsea become good friends and he worries over the baby's health and Chelsea's. He decides to stay in town to look after them until the baby is born. He also sees what being around Adam and Chelsea does to Chelsea's stress levels so he tries to distract Sharon. This would create a less contrives and more believable love quadrangle without bad guys or suckers, unlike what we're seeing onscreen now. If someone writes fanfic, have at it!

#2   2013/05/13 04:20AM
    Re: How the Chadam Baby Storyline Should Have Gone
    Qu33nTeelove...

Uh.. no... the lying con should have told her husband once she found out she was pregnant.. we all would have been spared this stupid storyline! UGH!

#3   2013/05/13 04:29AM
    canada gal

Actually, in real life, a lot of women in Chelsea's situation have abortions. Just putting it out there.

#4   2013/05/13 04:36AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

Quote canada gal: Actually, in real life, a lot of women in Chelsea's situation have abortions. Just putting it out there.

Would have worked for me... and that would have been an awesome storyline.... More realistic.. imagine Adam finding out to late... Uh...

even a miscarriage due to all the stress she is bestowing upon herself...

#5   2013/05/13 04:38AM
    Ebybrowempoly

Quote canada gal: Actually, in real life, a lot of women in Chelsea's situation have abortions. Just putting it out there.

very true and i think that would have hurt adam more than anything. i am sick of so many blaming sharon for the reason chelsea didn't tell adam. sharon was and is not the reason . it all falls on chelsea shoulders not sharon nor adams. chelsea is abig girl and she knows how to open her mouth and say what she has to. ot she could have left town .

#6   2013/05/13 05:27AM
    ladycam

Can't see SB coming over to Y&R to pamper Chelsea. He started off a nice guy in Gh and then car accident he woke up stone cold. Just think he suffering from PTSD and may go postal on Chelsea when they try to take that baby away. The writers made this story so horrible just don't know where they're going with it. If their going to have her lose the baby hope they do it before she shows. Nothing entertaining about a pregnant women being harmed fiction or not. Either way the story has gone on too long. May even be the longest pregnancy in soap history.

#7   2013/05/13 05:56AM
    cards1

How it should have gone????? Good question.

When Sharon told Adam and he went to confront Chelsea, he should have had flash backs of ALL the times Chelsea "came to him with something very important to tell him" while he was driving over there, then when he got there said "is this what you were trying to tell me?" then even IF she denied it, he should have said then "if you have nothing to hide I want a paternity test."

Then eventually have it come back to him that she told him while in a coma.

To easy for a soap. LOL

But the writers have made this totally unbelievable IMO. There is NO way the time line would work to fool even Dylan, lol and Adam has been alot of things, stupid not being one of them.

It is also very poor writing that Chelsea conceiving on New years eve and she's not even showing at all?

#8   2013/05/13 07:21AM
    dafyduc

The best story would have been for her stupid azz not to be pregnant in the first place. Jeez even rabbits pause for a minute between litters. I wish she would just go away already. And much as I love SB, I would rather he were gone than see him hooked up with this tramp

#9   2013/05/17 08:32AM
    Krystalball

Quote iloveromances: When Chelsea was in the hospital scared she would lose this baby, the doctor should have said that this was a high-risk pregnancy and she needed to avoid stress.

She would make attempts to tell Adam the truth about the baby and Sharon would somehow always be there. Chelsea would then have flashbacks to the highly stressful days of her being bombarded with Sharon's issues interfering in her marriage. Chelsea would then worry about the baby's health and possibly get panic attacks.

For the baby's safety, she would decide not to tell Adam. She would become friends with Dylan whose leaving town and she would tell her plan to him. He would agree thinking that he's leaving town and Adam will just think the father is a deadbeat.

However, Dylan and Chelsea become good friends and he worries over the baby's health and Chelsea's. He decides to stay in town to look after them until the baby is born. He also sees what being around Adam and Chelsea does to Chelsea's stress levels so he tries to distract Sharon. This would create a less contrives and more believable love quadrangle without bad guys or suckers, unlike what we're seeing onscreen now. If someone writes fanfic, have at it!

Pretty good fanfic.

#10   2013/05/17 09:28AM
    love come down

Quote ladycam: Can't see SB coming over to Y&R to pamper Chelsea. He started off a nice guy in Gh and then car accident he woke up stone cold. Just think he suffering from PTSD and may go postal on Chelsea when they try to take that baby away. The writers made this story so horrible just don't know where they're going with it. If their going to have her lose the baby hope they do it before she shows. Nothing entertaining about a pregnant women being harmed fiction or not. Either way the story has gone on too long. May even be the longest pregnancy in soap history.

How is it the "longest pregnancy" in soap history? She's been pregnant since February. You just hate that story isn't going the way you would like. As for SB bringing brought on "pamper Chelsea", IMO, it's a hell of a lot more interesting than moping over Avery. I am enjoying Chylan as are many others from what I've seen in various places.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list