List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 18889, Replies: 189
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #71   2013/05/27 08:14AM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    Grendel

It's tomorrow and I am sad but I wouldn't miss it.

#72   2013/05/27 09:24AM
    HOT PINK

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 45 minutes or so ago:

"I've been looking at young lives lost at war. And while I will be thinking of my mom today - quite a bit as for some reason the harsh reality of her passing and the empty space left behind for our family is becoming enormous - I will be trying to focus on those who have served our country and given us our freedom. We may believe in some wars/battles and not believe in others, but we must stand united and all believe in those who serve to protect our freedoms. They often pay the harshest of prices with their young lives lost. My mom was a huge Veterans advocate. She didn't talk about it much or make it very public, but she did let us know the importance of honoring those who protect our freedoms.

Whenever I pass by one of those memorial cemeteries with the rows and rows of white headstones, I often think of my mom. I'm not sure why but I relate them to her. Perhaps as a child she took me to look at one, the endless rows of lives lost, teaching me of their importance, the cost of my freedom.

In the end I suppose my mom was like those brave soldiers, paying a price so others could benefit and survive. She gave of herself selfishly with love, money and guidance not only for her family, but everyone. She too was a soldier.

But today, I will let that slip into the back of my mind, my mom and her journey and keep it just out of reach, and instead honor those who have fought for me and didn't get the benefit of 84 years of life. When I cry for my mom today I will cry for those brave lives lost, young and old. To all the families who have suffered that loss, I will set aside my own feeling of loss today and simply pray for you and your families along with the rest of our nation. We are there for you. I am there for you."

#73   2013/05/27 09:31AM
    habbyfan

Great post Pink,many families have lost loved ones who should not be forgotten.

#74   2013/05/27 04:25PM
    Cat12

Quote countryMomof4: Great post Cat!

I will see the tribute tomorrow on the CDn channel. I'm both looking forward to and dreading it at the same time. It will be wonderful to hear the memories of her co-workers and children but at the same time, it will SO SAD!!!

Thanks!! It was really a good read and gave me even a better appreciation of her. And yes tomorrow will be very sad but so much deserved.

#75   2013/05/27 04:31PM
    Cat12

Quote HOT PINK: Happy Memorial Day, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 45 minutes or so ago:

"I've been looking at young lives lost at war. And while I will be thinking of my mom today - quite a bit as for some reason the harsh reality of her passing and the empty space left behind for our family is becoming enormous - I will be trying to focus on those who have served our country and given us our freedom. We may believe in some wars/battles and not believe in others, but we must stand united and all believe in those who serve to protect our freedoms. They often pay the harshest of prices with their young lives lost. My mom was a huge Veterans advocate. She didn't talk about it much or make it very public, but she did let us know the importance of honoring those who protect our freedoms.

Whenever I pass by one of those memorial cemeteries with the rows and rows of white headstones, I often think of my mom. I'm not sure why but I relate them to her. Perhaps as a child she took me to look at one, the endless rows of lives lost, teaching me of their importance, the cost of my freedom.

In the end I suppose my mom was like those brave soldiers, paying a price so others could benefit and survive. She gave of herself selfishly with love, money and guidance not only for her family, but everyone. She too was a soldier.

But today, I will let that slip into the back of my mind, my mom and her journey and keep it just out of reach, and instead honor those who have fought for me and didn't get the benefit of 84 years of life. When I cry for my mom today I will cry for those brave lives lost, young and old. To all the families who have suffered that loss, I will set aside my own feeling of loss today and simply pray for you and your families along with the rest of our nation. We are there for you. I am there for you."

Thanks so much for the updates, the past few days when I sign on to the m/b I looked for this thread first. Corbin has a wonderful way of writing his feelings down. It's touching reading his posts.

#76   2013/05/28 04:21AM
    hopey pix

I agree Corbin writes so well!Is today her Memorial show?I have to tape it,as I have to soon go to work!I saw on our Global station on Monday,2 shows of Psych (on USA in US),there was the 2 shows,and Corbin has a part in it!I was pleasantly surprised to see this show of course!It's pretty funny!God bless Jeanne and Corbin!They are great!!

#77   2013/05/28 08:55AM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Today is the tribute for Jeanne. I have my DVR set and ready to go. Corbin posted this around 10 am (EDT):

"Memorial week for my mom. Fitting after memorial day weekend for I suppose.

First up... A tribute show on Young and Restless today, then ending the week with her private memorial for friends and family. In between, God only knows!

This week I'd like to share a few stories about her with you, things you might not know or could have never imagined. I want all of you to be a part of this week. I think beginning next week I'm going to try and move on a bit. My wife suggested that I keep writing here but perhaps move back toward my life (which is always informed by the teachings of my mom anyway) and continue expressing myself, my thoughts and to some degree my work. I'm considering it.

But for now, this memorial week, back to mom...

This weekend I did a lot of building around the house, carpentry; a pergola and raised bed for vegetables most prominent. Worked with my hands. I've always loved working with my hands, a good way to get out of your head! Guess who taught me how to build? You got it, my mother! That's right, my mother, was an incredible carpenter! Seriously. Her love for woodworking and then masonry (yes, she could build you a brick wall, fireplace or bar with the best of them) actually began out of necessity. It's a much longer story but the short version is this; back in the late 50's my parents were a becoming a typical Hollywood "power couple." My dad was an up and coming agent and my mother was, well, Jeanne Cooper, rising star. They felt - I'm sure with the lead of my dad - that appearance was everything and thus needed to live in a place that "looked right" for an up and coming Hollywood couple. So along with me, like the Jed Clampett and family, they up and moved to Beverly Hills! But things weren't always so bright, right from the get go. Unlike the Clampetts, we didn't have an oil well back home supporting us. Word of warning to anyone considering the smallest job in the entertainment business - failure is far more common than success and the road to success is ALWAYS riddled with pot holes, steep climbs and quick decants. Bumpy to say the least. Translated; one day you got some money in your pocket, the next day you don't and start faking it real hard. That was us.

But my mom, as we all know too well, was a survivor. Even back then. So one day I came home from school and found her in our garage, tools in hand, building these Wine Chests for Christmas gifts for friends. Three holed, little stained wood boxes with a old world map on top stained with coffee to give it an antique effect. And they were incredible! To this day I'm not sure where she learned her carpentry skills but I did see her perfect them in that garage. I also began to help her in the production of the boxes. They were so well received she actually started selling them! Ahhhh Hollywood! Rising young star and son building Wine Chests in their garage to pay the mortgage! Ain't it grand! From wine chests she went on to little Keepsake boxes with various kinds of colorful art on top, each box painted a bright pink, orange or blue. My job was to put the tiny brass hinges on them. We had to give these boxes out as gifts to our friends for birthdays! That's all we could afford! Even the boys! Imagine the embarrassment. Little did I know then that they would become treasures for anyone who received one. To this day I'm still searching for either a wine chest or colorful keepsake box made by her! They would be collector's items! She began to sell the Keepsake boxes at our local stationary store in Beverly Hills - I think - to pay our bills! Again, ahhhh Hollywood!

By now she was getting very good at her craft and actually began remodeling rooms in our house! Yes, she would put up paneling, build shelves and even built our bar! Her work became very detailed and her "staining ability" was unsurpassed. People loved her work. Now remember, this is all going on while she's doing her other work - 'acting' Bonanza, Perry Mason and the rest. Weird, right? But maintaining the "image" was important - again, I think more for my dad - and expensive - so my mom worked hard to keep us up with the Jones'.

She began actually doing work for other people in their homes. She became quite an excellent brick layer, and at the time used brick was very in fashion. She built bars out of brick, fireplaces, patios, you name it, she laid more brick than... well, there's a joke in there but you can fill in the blank.

And that's how we survived in Beverly Hills. And to some degree that helped stoke the fire in my mom that helped shape who she was and became, the woman we all know and love. That simple girl from Taft California with a knack for acting who got by by building used brick bars for friends, neighbors and anyone who would pay enough so we could drive a new Lincoln.

My mother was an excellent carpenter. That's where I learned to build. So this weekend, when I put my hands to work, I could only think back to those times where my teacher, my mom, would lock us away in the garage and give me the most basic lessons on survival.

True story. Fond memory."

#78   2013/05/28 09:47AM
    alikat

OH MY, if you're watching the tribute and not crying, then you are s cyborg!!!

I loved what Josh Morrow said and what Michelle Stafford said...I always had a feeling that as a woman, Jeanne Cooper had that DAME kind of humor and outlook.

#79   2013/05/28 10:36AM
    habbyfan

^^^^^^^^ Wow ... is all I can say through my watery eyes.

Love you Jeanne Cooper and each and every day I will expect you to be there when I turn on The Young and The Restless.

#80   2013/05/28 02:19PM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone - I haven't seen the tribute yet; but, I recorded it and will be watching it tonight. I have plenty of hankies ready. Corbin posted this about an hour ago (EDT).

"Thank you all at the Young and Restless for that most amazing tribute to my mom. I'm moved beyond words and being my mother's son - with a love for words, lots of them - that's not easy to admit. You have been her professional family for almost all of my life, at least a good chunk of it. I knew the importance of her place there and her impact, but never as much as I know now. Your love for her is simply staggering. I often say things about her and sometimes feel like they are just passing thoughts. I know now they are solid, and far more real than the imagination of a son.

Oddly I also saw the extent of her talent which I sometimes had taken for granted over the years. I've always known she was a hell of an actress, I saw that long ago, but watching her now, through this compacted hour of work, as an actor I'm in awe. I've always said that the truest thing about my mom is just that, her truth. The line on the horizon, between earth and sky, heaven, simply don't exist. She is in both places at once, at one with all things and all people. That same rings true for her work. There is no line on the horizon that divides the woman from the character. Sure, the clothes, the hair, the make up and the jewels, but the soul, the heart, that's all her, nothing fake, no pretending, no acting... just being.

I suppose one of the sadder elements here is that we might suddenly disconnect; myself, my family from the Young and Restless family. I want to make sure that never happens. We are, in a way, all brothers and sisters now, children of this incredible woman, this unbelievable force, this enormous love; my mom, Jeanne Cooper.

No spell checking here, no grammar corrections, from my heart to all of you, unfiltered, unedited... the way she's want it. I love you all."

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/28 02:21PM
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list