List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 18709, Replies: 189
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #61   2013/05/24 03:29PM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    Grendel

I hope Corbin Bernsen is also there.

#62   2013/05/25 09:55AM
    HOT PINK

Quote Calypso: I have never thanked you, HP, for posting all the messages from Corbin Bernsen. I have read most and want to thank you for keeping us in the loop. Very touching reports from him. I will not miss the "Tribute Show". Thanks.

You're welcome, Calypso. I am so glad Corbin has been posting these very touching messages. I hope he will write that book someday soon. I know it would be a great read. I won't miss the tribute show for Jeanne either, and I'm sure I'll need a couple of hankies.

#63   2013/05/25 10:02AM
    HOT PINK

Quote Grendel: I hope Corbin Bernsen is also there.

Grendel - I believe Corbin will be included in the tribute for Jeanne and will be in character as Paul's brother Father Todd.

#64   2013/05/25 10:07AM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a nice Saturday. Corbin posted this about 11 hours ago:

"I was thinking back this evening to last Christmas, New Year's Eve. So much potential I thought. So many surprises in store. Hard work had created an alignment where the fruits of my labor will be rewarded. I never saw this. THIS surprise. My mother's passing. My mother dying? Not this year. 2013? The numbers and their order aren't particularly meaningful or poetic or romantic so certainly nothing like loosing my mother, this power, this force, nothing like that could happen, not with those numbers. Inventions, new medicines, new technologies... those are the things of numbers like 2013.
    Pause.

Do any numbers add up, have an order that is purposeful
    enough to take a parent? A brother? A sister? A best friend? Of course not. It is always a surprise.

I was away with my family last Christmas. I didn't spend my mother's last Christmas with her. I spoke to her, but I wasn't here with her. My mother loved Christmas. She loved her tree. She loved to give and wrap gifts. I didn't see that this last time around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruined over it. Just another random observation. All of this has been so very unexpected. But that is when life is most powerful, when you don't see it coming and suddenly it's upon you with it's full force and beauty and mystery.

Moral? None that you don't already know. Enjoy the moment, each second of every moment. Live it like the next will never exist. Let Love and Light fill it, cherish it.

I was heading to bed, half asleep when this thought struck me. I had no idea I was going to write it down. I did. And will sleep better for it.

I would say goodnight to my mother and "I'll see you tomorrow." Her simple reply was always the same, "God Willing." God Willing."

#65   2013/05/25 10:29AM
    Mouse1979

Quote HOT PINK: Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a nice Saturday. Corbin posted this about 11 hours ago:

"I was thinking back this evening to last Christmas, New Year's Eve. So much potential I thought. So many surprises in store. Hard work had created an alignment where the fruits of my labor will be rewarded. I never saw this. THIS surprise. My mother's passing. My mother dying? Not this year. 2013? The numbers and their order aren't particularly meaningful or poetic or romantic so certainly nothing like loosing my mother, this power, this force, nothing like that could happen, not with those numbers. Inventions, new medicines, new technologies... those are the things of numbers like 2013.
    Pause.

Do any numbers add up, have an order that is purposeful
    enough to take a parent? A brother? A sister? A best friend? Of course not. It is always a surprise.

I was away with my family last Christmas. I didn't spend my mother's last Christmas with her. I spoke to her, but I wasn't here with her. My mother loved Christmas. She loved her tree. She loved to give and wrap gifts. I didn't see that this last time around. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ruined over it. Just another random observation. All of this has been so very unexpected. But that is when life is most powerful, when you don't see it coming and suddenly it's upon you with it's full force and beauty and mystery.

Moral? None that you don't already know. Enjoy the moment, each second of every moment. Live it like the next will never exist. Let Love and Light fill it, cherish it.

I was heading to bed, half asleep when this thought struck me. I had no idea I was going to write it down. I did. And will sleep better for it.

I would say goodnight to my mother and "I'll see you tomorrow." Her simple reply was always the same, "God Willing." God Willing."

So touching. When I heard of Jeanne's passing, I cried like a baby. I will miss her as Kay, I loved her feisty ways. I know when this tribute airs on Tuesday, I am going to need a box of kleenex. Young and Restless, will never be the same.

#66   2013/05/25 01:47PM
    Grendel

I am so glad JC's family is included in the tribute.

#67   2013/05/26 06:51AM
    HOT PINK

Good Sunday Morning! Here's Corbin's latest message. I find myself looking forward to reading his beautiful words every day.

"I tried to "forget" today and simply get on with life. To some extent I was successful. We built a little pergola in our garden, a place to eat outdoors in the summer. Working with hands is always a great escape. When I was finished however the first person I wanted to show it to was my mom. I also realized she won't be here to share those meals with. I know she'll be here in spirit however. Always.

Our memorial for her is just a week away and I know next week will be busy with the business of that and I'm sure an abundance of emotion building toward it. I have an idea of what I'm going to say, but may try it out on all of you in the next few days. Or rather invent it with you as I do here, free flowing thought powered by your love, kindness and gentle ear for me to whisper in. You have to understand how important you all have been to me and continue to be for me during these mysterious times. I know that many of you are also finding comfort in our conversation. I'm thankful for that. I've heard about your parents, your children and friends. It means as much to me that you share the way you do as I suppose it means to you that I share with you these otherwise private moments and reflections. But that's how the world should work. We are a community. And in a strong community - as with a strong family - dialogue and an open and truth conversation are the real beginnings of our strength.

So as I wrap up the evening, with all of you, I'm doing that which my mom always did with her friends near and far. Invite them into her world, unfiltered and with an open heart. And yes, I'm back to her now, my mother, not wanting to forget but instead celebrating as I should her extraordinary life and purpose. Talk to you tomorrow 'God willing...'"

#68   2013/05/26 07:39AM
    Cat12

I just finished reading Jeanne Cooper's book and I loved it. The love she had for her family and friends just came pouring out in the pages. Her desire to help other people from being abused,substance abuse, cruelty to animals, and even being a spokesperson for people in financial debt. She also was honest about her flaws and never gave up. I took away from her book that she was a very loving, strong person and she was also grateful for everything she had her in her life especially her children. She seemed like an extraordinary lady and I will miss her so on Y&R. I'm looking forward to her tribute but I'm sure it will be very emotional. RIP Jeanne Cooper, you certainly will never be forgotten.

#69   2013/05/26 03:41PM
    countryMomof4

Great post Cat!

I will see the tribute tomorrow on the CDn channel. I'm both looking forward to and dreading it at the same time. It will be wonderful to hear the memories of her co-workers and children but at the same time, it will SO SAD!!!

#70   2013/05/26 03:50PM
    habbyfan

Quote countryMomof4: Great post Cat!

I will see the tribute tomorrow on the CDn channel. I'm both looking forward to and dreading it at the same time. It will be wonderful to hear the memories of her co-workers and children but at the same time, it will SO SAD!!!

I feel the same cMom!!!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list