List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 18641, Replies: 189
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2013/05/23 07:23AM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    countryMomof4

^^^ Since Canada is a day ahead, we'll see the tribute on the 27th. The Us will air it on the 28th.

#52   2013/05/23 08:11AM
    HOT PINK

Quote Grendel: I read the 27th and the 28th. Is it a two day tribute?

Hi, Grendel - I've read that the tribute for Jeanne will be on the 28th. But, I could be wrong.

#53   2013/05/23 08:12AM
    Candace

The tribute for Jeanne is on the 28th for the US. I assume CDNs will see it the a day ahead.

#54   2013/05/23 08:24PM
    HOT PINK

Good Evening, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 45 minutes ago:

"Two weeks and a day. That's how long mom has been gone. I was wondering why I felt so strange yesterday and it only occurred to me today that it was the 2 week mark of her passing.

Wednesdays... going to play a strange role in my future. It was a Wednesday that I first heard mom was going to go into the hospital - after a remarkable call with her that morning by the way! Sort of threw me for a loop. It was the best I had heard her in some time! That was, I believe, 5 Wednesdays ago. Then we all experienced the up and down ride for two full weeks where finally she beat the odds and was able to go home. (I know now that she was determined to get home one more time, see her dogs and her home.) Things went bad again and on a Tuesday she was taken back to the hospital. It was the next day, a Wednesday where we had to make a critical decision to really fight this thing one more time, honoring her final wishes of giving it a week to improve to a place where life would have some sort of quality. We gave it that week, then, the following Wednesday decided enough was enough. If God wanted her to continue, she would have to do it on her own. We pulled off apparatus, drugs, etc., that would "maintain" her, keep her going. But we all know that wasn't to be and she passed on Wednesday May 8.

I wonder what Wednesdays will hold in the future. Probably nothing and honestly, my mom is probably saying, "Corbin, you're an idiot!" It's hump day if anything. Get over it!" Alright, you win... as always."

#55   2013/05/24 10:57AM
    Grendel

I just saw a preview for this. I think the whole cast is involved. Thank you CBS!

#56   2013/05/24 11:11AM
    Houston777

I loved the character of Mrs. C. I would really liked to have know Jeanne Cooper, seems like she was beloved os set.

Sure going to miss her.

#57   2013/05/24 11:24AM
    countryMomof4

Thanks again HP for posting corbin's tweet. The love for his mother shines through his sad words.

#58   2013/05/24 11:41AM
    HOT PINK

Hello, Everyone. Hope you are all doing well today. Corbin posted this about two hours ago (12:30 EDT):

"Horrible night's sleep. Dreams. Winning lotteries and creating a nightmare because of it. Money getting divided, taxed, fought over. Gee - where could that possibly come from? Ha. I'm a bit all over the place.

The dust is settling and now I'm dealing with it all, staring at truths face to face. This is such an interesting part of the journey. Thank God for my creative "leanings" - inherited from my mother - because it loves this turmoil. The twists and turns of emotions, internal and external are enormous - and in fact equal to those several weeks of my mom's final weeks as shared with all of you.

A time of transition. I accept it. I actually look forward to it in some strange way, knowing I have to wrestle with it as it happens, or at least as mom would say "experience it." It all has value. I see the light at the other end, that's my faith, God's great mystery pulling me forward toward it, revealing truth after truth. Love. Bumps in the road are to be expected. What would any great story be without setbacks and unexpected diversions followed by enlightenment. Tension then Release. Hunger then Satiated, Cold then warmth, Despair then Love. That's how we come to appreciate. So I go with the flow.

I went to bed missing something last night and really hadn't thought about it until last night as the "dust begins to settle." For years, and I'm not sure where it began, but when I would give my mom a kiss goodnight or goodbye, she would always give a little peck on my right hand first, then on the cheek. But always that little peck on the hand first. Not sure when, where or why it began but it goes back years. Into the foggy days of my youth. Sometimes in later years I would give her a normal kiss goodbye and then we'd both realize that we forgot the "hand thing," and I'd run back to her for it. We'd chuckle over it. I think on several occasions I actually drove off and drove back! Probably a bit compulsive, but there it is, two strange actors with a common superstition. Could have been worse.

Well last night it occurred to me that that's never going to happen again. And I hadn't thought about it until last night, lying there in bed preparing for what was about to become this horrible sleep (Hey, maybe that's the cause of the bad sleep - solved - who needs a shrink!) Anyway, not only did I realize that that fond little moment won't happen again, I couldn't for the life of me, remember the last one. In the hospital, in those final days there was so much equipment dominating our space it wasn't possible. I know I gave her kisses goodbye, but don't think I got the hand peck in.

Maybe it's better that I don't solve the mystery and identify the final one but rather the sweet little superstition two crazy creative people shared. Mother and son. Yeah. Leave it alone."

#59   2013/05/24 12:04PM
    HOT PINK

Quote countryMomof4: Thanks again HP for posting corbin's tweet. The love for his mother shines through his sad words.

H, countryMomof4- I'm glad I am able to post Corbin's messages. You can tell how close he and his mom were and how much he loves and misses her. Reading his posts brings back memories of how I felt when I lost my father. But, his words, though sad, are beautiful, and I look forward to reading his messages every day.

#60   2013/05/24 12:20PM
    Calypso

I have never thanked you, HP, for posting all the messages from Corbin Bernsen. I have read most and want to thank you for keeping us in the loop. Very touching reports from him. I will not miss the "Tribute Show". Thanks.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list