List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 19187, Replies: 189
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2013/05/21 05:50PM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    Grendel

It will be very sad watching the tribute to her on Monday. But I really hope CBS,Sony and everyone involved with Y&R put their hearts into this.

#42   2013/05/22 04:56AM
    Saturn12345

Quote Grendel: It will be very sad watching the tribute to her on Monday. But I really hope CBS,Sony and everyone involved with Y&R put their hearts into this.

The Tribute will be on Tuesday May 28th.

#43   2013/05/22 07:42AM
    Grendel

This is going to be hard to watch but I am so glad that CBS is giving her the tribute she so richly deserves.

#44   2013/05/22 10:09AM
    HOT PINK

Hello, Everyone. Corbin post this about 12 hours ago:

"Went up to my mom's house late this afternoon. Quiet. A small breeze blowing her wind chimes but beyond that... Nothing. Sad. No barking dogs, no TV's blasting away with no one watching, no fire burning in the gas fireplace without a log... all the things that would from time to time annoy me. Oh how I missed them today! The stillness was just so sad. Looked at the clothes in her closet, the orange blouse she would always wear, her favorite shoes. She sure could dress it up! All of it hanging there, motionless, retired.

I had my first good cry in a week. A howling actually. I apologized for a great many things where I think I fell short. I missed her terribly. Terribly. All the great thoughts we've been discussing recently about her lessons of love, humanity, empathy, compassion... had no power suddenly in the hour there. I only missed her. Screw the lessons! I missed her voice, her crooked little smile. I missed the growl in her voice. I missed her rambling on. And if you think I'm bad from time to time, she was the queen of rambling! But it all had purpose hidden deep in the onslaught of words. I hope mine does the same.

I locked up, looked at the pool where my kids and their cousins used to swim in the warm summer sun. The laughter now gone. Sad. I miss her and a time when it was all smiles and a bright future for all. I know the smiles are still there and the future is as bright as ever, but I miss her. The house seemed to miss her. She loved her home. Her home loved her. In the worst of times that house was filled with more love than you can imagine. It's still there, just awfully quiet. Paying it's respects I suppose. I miss you mom. Badly. I didn't know how badly. The person I always went to in times like this... was you. "Experience it, let it pass through you but feel it as it goes, cherish it." That's what you would tell me to do. Well that's what I did today. Felt good. You were right again. And I feel better now sharing it with all of you. Some might call me a fool - too open - too "public." Have at it. I value my friends. There. Done. Tomorrow. Love. Faith. Carry on."

#45   2013/05/22 12:50PM
    countryMomof4

Thank you so much HP for posting this beautiful message from JC's son.

#46   2013/05/22 10:17PM
    HOT PINK

Quote countryMomof4: Thank you so much HP for posting this beautiful message from JC's son.

You're welcome, countryMomof4. I am truly enjoying Corbin's posts. He is a wonderful writer and his messages are beautiful.

#47   2013/05/22 10:28PM
    HOT PINK

Hello, Everyone. Corbin posted these two messages earlier today (22 May):

1. Posted Tuesday morning on Facebook: "We always had dogs when we were kids. My mom was a dog person. So was I, sort of. My job however - if I wanted my allowance - was to clean up the piles of poop that seemed to accumulate in our back yard disproportionate to the number of dogs we had. I mean, did they invite their neighborhood friends to come over and crap in our yard! That got me going on a decline for dogs. Then I was bit (bitten) (bited) twice. Once by a friend's dog for some unknown reason, I mean I had played with this dog for years then out of the blue he takes a chunk from my calf! Then not long after while riding on a bike in the hills I was attacked by a beast that took another chunk out of my leg, and then bolted. We searched for hours for the dog to see if it had it's shots. If not, the dreaded 21 rabies shots in the abdomen for me!
    Clock ticking down, we finally tracked down the dog in the nick of time. I escaped the needle but just barely. Add all that up and as I moved from home and into the world, suffice to say, dogs didn't hold a great place in my heart. It's not that I didn't like 'em, just had no need for them, or their teeth, or poop.

Years later, I get married, have kids and know in my heart - lesson from mom - that a dog is important to the family makeup. As much as I hated what happened to me with our dogs as a kid, I also know how central they were to my upbringing. They taught me something about responsibility - and this comes from my mom again - to look outside of myself, forming that "empathy" she demanded we understood and practiced.

Side note - to the horror of some parents and I think even my third grade teacher - mom brought one of our pregnant dogs to school one day where she thought it would be smart for us to watch together the live birth of new pups. My mom was essentially a farm girl and while this went down great of the farm -it wasn't for many "city folk." I however was amazed at the sight of birth! Any beginnings of "awe" in my life began there, in that classroom, taught not by the teacher but my mom. Kids passed around that story for years...

Back to the main thread here... You read my post last night about missing my mom, visiting her home, the sadness. Well that softened with a good night's sleep. A few weird dreams, but mostly restful. Just woke up a bit ago and went into where our dog- a whippet named Digby sleeps. Heard him stirring. To be honest and truthful, I haven't always been kind to Digby. He was a wild puppy who never seemed to stop being a kid, eating furniture and just generally being crazy... and pooping... continually! Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike him, just didn't have "time" for him I guess. "Four kids to raise, I don't need a fifth, especially a dog," I would moan to my wife. But Amanda loves her dogs, much like my mom did, and our kids adore them. We've had many dogs over the years and I never paid much attention, other than - yes - cleaning up their poop in the garden! (A boy's job never ends.) But I woke up early this morning and went to Digby. Other than his stirring the house was beautifully
    still and quiet. I have grown remarkably close to Digby over the last year or so, none more so than during my mom's final days. My walls have come down regarding pets. There is so much love in his eyes and, like my mom, it is UNFILTERED. Pure love. This morning I saw my mom in his eyes. I felt her presence. So much so - and for those who hate mystical crap stop reading here - but I looked in Digby's eyes sure that my mom could hear me. I said "I love you and miss you." Then I stopped and did the stupid thing, continuing, "and if you hear me, have Digby blink." Wait for it, wait for it... BLINK! WHOA! Then another and another! But that's not the weird part, it was HER BLINK! I swear, it so reminded me of my mom when her sweet little eyes would flutter. Wow! I stopped there, relishing the moment and not chancing another "contact" that proved to be less powerful.

And that's how my day started. I was thinking of asking Digby for a back scratch later tonight - like mom used to give me as a kid putting me to bed - but think it better to not push my luck!

Photo: We always had dogs when we were kids. My mom was a dog person. So was I, sort of. My job however - if I wanted my allowance - was to clean up the piles of poop that seemed to accumulate in our back yard disproportionate to the number of dogs we had. I mean, did they invite their neighborhood friends to come over and crap in our yard! That got me going on a decline for dogs. Then I was bit (bitten) (bited) twice. Once by a friend's dog for some unknown reason, I mean I had played with this dog for years then out of the blue he takes a chunk from my calf! Then not long after while riding on a bike in the hills I was attacked by a beast that took another chunk out of my leg, and then bolted. We searched for hours for the dog to see if it had it's shots. If not, the dreaded 21 rabies shots in the abdomen for me! Clock ticking down, we finally tracked down the dog in the nick of time. I escaped the needle but just barely. Add all that up and as I moved from home and into the world, suffice to say, dogs didn't hold a great place in my heart. It's not that I didn't like 'em, just had no need for them, or their teeth, or poop. Years later, I get married, have kids and know in my heart - lesson from mom - that a dog is important to the family makeup. As much as I hated what happened to me with our dogs as a kid, I also know how central they were to my upbringing. They taught me something about responsibility - and this comes from my mom again - to look outside of myself, forming that "empathy" she demanded we understood and practiced. Side note - to the horror of some parents and I think even my third grade teacher - mom brought one of our pregnant dogs to school one day where she thought it would be smart for us to watch together the live birth of new pups. My mom was essentially a farm girl and while this went down great of the farm -it wasn't for many "city folk." I however was amazed at the sight of birth! Any beginnings of "awe" in my life began there, in that classroom, taught not by the teacher but my mom. Kids passed around that story for years... Back to the main thread here... You read my post last night about missing my mom, visiting her home, the sadness. Well that softened with a good night's sleep. A few weird dreams, but mostly restful. Just woke up a bit ago and went into where our dog- a whippet named Digby sleeps. Heard him stirring. To be honest and truthful, I haven't always been kind to Digby. He was a wild puppy who never seemed to stop being a kid, eating furniture and just generally being crazy... and pooping... continually! Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike him, just didn't have "time" for him I guess. "Four kids to raise, I don't need a fifth, especially a dog," I would moan to my wife. But Amanda loves her dogs, much like my mom did, and our kids adore them. We've had many dogs over the years and I never paid much attention, other than - yes - cleaning up their poop in the garden! (A boy's job never ends.) But I woke up early this morning and went to Digby. Other than his stirring the house was beautifully still and quiet. I have grown remarkably close to Digby over the last year or so, none more so than during my mom's final days. My walls have come down regarding pets. There is so much love in his eyes and, like my mom, it is UNFILTERED. Pure love. This morning I saw my mom in his eyes. I felt her presence. So much so - and for those who hate mystical crap stop reading here - but I looked in Digby's eyes sure that my mom could hear me. I said "I love you and miss you." Then I stopped and did the stupid thing, continuing, "and if you hear me, have Digby blink." Wait for it, wait for it... BLINK! WHOA! Then another and another! But that's not the weird part, it was HER BLINK! I swear, it so reminded me of my mom when her sweet little eyes would flutter. Wow! I stopped there, relishing the moment and not chancing another "contact" that proved to be less powerful. And that's how my day started. I was thinking of asking Digby for a back scratch later tonight - like mom used to give me as a kid putting me to bed - but think it better to not push my luck!.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151571667970914&set=a.111693310913.970... />
    2. Posted Tuesday night: "The "mechanics of death - the business of death." Staggering. The "clean up." The "wrap up." Loose ends tied up, papers to sign, rights to declare, stakes to claim, accounts to close. Odd. We wind down the activities our body does in life, but make sure our spirit and souls live on. Amex doesn't give your soul a credit card, thank God.

I read a little booklet last night that I found at my mom's. It was the Cooper Family Tree. Interesting. But what really caught my eye was a series of letters at the end of it. Most talked about the passing of family members years ago. Turn of the century. Uniformly they went something like this; "put dad in the ground today, a couple of people showed up. Preacher did a nice talk, went back to the house, ate a fine meal and had a sound sleep." Now that's how to end somebody I thought! The business of dying today is just, well it can kill you if you're not careful! So much "stuff!"

Given the tone of the day, I thought this might be a good time to do some "housekeeping" I promised a few days ago. Try to answer some of the things many of you had asked. So, here we go in no particular order....

Wilma Jeanne Cooper died on May 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM.

The official cause of death was primarily advanced COPD.

Her body has been cremated, and we will be scattering her ashes privately in places we feel a personal connection to. The locations shall remain private. My brother, sister and I will each retain a small parcel of the ashes to remember her.

We will be having a very private family and close friends memorial in the near future followed by a larger celebration in a month or so. I am also currently trying to organize a Live Streaming memorial for all of you to be a part of. This is a new concept so please bare with me while I figure out the details on how to accomplish it. I want very much to do something for her with all of you!

Some have asked about buying the movie "Carpool Guy" that I shared a link to the trailer for the other day. I've now organized a limited amount DVD's to be sold on my company's website. You can visit www.hometheaterfilms.com to access this. They are in "The Store." I will be enclosing with each copy a signed thank you card for your purchase, as well as a note about a contribution that will be made in your name to one of her favorite charities.

I will also be picking up where she left off on her book tour to promote the paperback edition of "Not Young, Still Restless," which has just recently come out. I know she wanted so much to be able to do this tour. It will be a good chance to connect with some of you across the country face to face. Details of this to come when sorted out.

I think that takes care of that "business." I would like to say one thing however about her "cause of death." First and foremost, I really don't want to enter into a long dialogue about COPD. It killed her and that's that. There is one thing and one thing only that you need to know: If you smoke, quit. If you haven't started, don't! It is an ugly end. My mother's passing and the last few weeks of her life, as you might have been able to deduce from my writings during that time was hectic, and not pretty. She was in the end, in peace, without pain and fear, we made sure of that. But it was a battle. Not being able to breath... do the math.

I don't really like this post. Factual stuff that I hope brings closure now for some of you. None of this is the stuff that is her nor will it be remembered. As far as selling things she's been involved with; the movies, the books, they are a nice way to get another peak at her, but honestly, feels wrong in some way, promoting commerce at this time. I will make sure that any monies that come in from sales, that a good portion go to one of her favorite charities.

Last, to bookend a day that began with my post about our dog Digby - and yes, I'm very aware that Dog backwards is God which many of you pointed out - but to bookend those thoughts.... I wanted you to know that mom's dogs Crackerjack and Daisy are now with a dear family friend in Chicago. Together. And like many of us, surely miss her.

Business done. Sleep well."

www.hometheaterfilms.com

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/22 10:37PM
    #48   2013/05/22 10:31PM
    Mrs Opinion

Thank you Hot Pink for sharing Corbins beautiful posts. I feel so bad for him and the rest of Mrs Coopers family members. I am going to miss Mrs C so much. She is a bright shining star in heaven.

#49   2013/05/22 10:55PM
    HOT PINK

Quote Mrs Opinion: Thank you Hot Pink for sharing Corbins beautiful posts. I feel so bad for him and the rest of Mrs Coopers family members. I am going to miss Mrs C so much. She is a bright shining star in heaven.

Hi and you're welcome, Mrs Opinion - I'm glad you are enjoying Corbin's posts. I find myself looking forward to them every day. You can tell Corbin's words come from his heart. I grew up watching Jeanne on a lot of TV shows and being able to see her on YR for the past 39+ years was wonderful. I am going to miss her terribly. But, as you said, she is now a bright shining star in Heaven. And, that thought makes my heart smile.

#50   2013/05/23 05:08AM
    Grendel

I read the 27th and the 28th. Is it a two day tribute?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list