List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 19653, Replies: 189
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2013/05/19 10:51AM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    HOT PINK

Good Sunday Afternoon, Everyone. Hope you are all having a blessed and wonderful day. Here is Corbin's latest post:

"Feeling stronger today and decided a short trip down memory lane might do me good. So I started with something that always made me smile...

About 6 years ago I made a movie called Carpool Guy and put my mom in it along with some of Daytime's finest actors. (Pretty good idea I thought.) Well, we had so much fun. I remember her calling me after the first day of shooting and saying "I'm sorry I disappointed you." I asked her what she was talking about and told her she was awesome! I realized that on Y & R they pretty much get one shot at a scene and then move on. With a film you can afford two, three, multiple takes, so she assumed because I wanted to do it over and over that she hadn't quite gotten what I was after. It was so sweet but also a bit painful to have her think that she disappointed. A fond memory all around. I can't help but think she guided me to this today. I felt her presence all day long and for a moment I had yet another odd feeling; That I might be closer to her in death than I had been in life. I seem to have an unfiltered connection with her, the true her. All the things that happen in our daily lives, the grind, the guilt, the gossip... all that BS is gone. And all I'm left with is the truth of who she was. I hear it in your messages to me, your comments. I ran into a fellow on the street today named Joey, near where I live. He said he'd been reading my posts and just wanted me to know how sorry he was for my loss. I simply replied, "love." My loss has created enormous love. We shook hands, exchanged a smile and two new friends were made. That is the stuff my mom created n life and continues to do so from the mystery beyond.

Share a smile with me today and take a look at the trailer for Carpool Guy. Classic Cooper!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8u2s7eqmQc

#32   2013/05/19 11:04AM
    HOT PINK

Quote hopey pix: I agree that Corbin shares things like nobody else from Y&R,with the exception of Sean Flanery(Sam).They are both so good to their fans!When you tweet them,they answer back!I loved so much that Sean sent me a quote,a really comforting one at that,after my Brother Greg's death in January!I found that so wonderful and comforting,I gush to everyone about how caring he is with fans!!I wish so much they'd have these great men back on Y&R,and fast!!They are so missed by me,and Y&R,I'm sure!!I pray Jeanne's memorial show is fitting of our Grande Dame of Daytime!!I really hope so!!I miss you so much Jeanne,our lovely Dutchess!!

hopey pix - It is wonderful when our favorite soap stars take the time to respond and do something special the way Sean Patrick Flanery did when you lost your brother. A few years ago, I wrote to Jeanne, saying I had loved her since I was a child and wished she would write a book about her life. She wrote back saying she was in the process of writing one and she thanked me for being a life-long fan. I have her wonderful book, and am loving every word of it. She was an amazing lady! Nowadays, I watch YR with sadness in my heart because I know our dear Duchess is gone. But, as I said in another post, Jeanne will live in our hearts forever and will be forgotten.

#33   2013/05/20 12:59PM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a good day. Here's Corbin's latest post:

"I missed you yesterday. All of you. Took the day off, let the tidal wave of thoughts from pervious weeks hit shore. Went to bed last night and hadn't posted. Debated it but then thought it to be a good thing. I don't want this relationship here to be "routine," a "daily task," but instead evolve organically, and... here's that word again... "TRUE." While I had many things to discuss - mostly it being Sunday and missing my mom on Sunday, I think her favorite day of the week - instead I took in the day and let it simply work it's way through me, experiencing it. Quite a few times I had that weird urge to pick up the phone and call her - ooopps, not happening. Lots of those moments. I also did a few things in her name. Some work in the garden and quality family time here at home.

This week is going to be a little odd, lots of that "mechanics of death" stuff I talked about last week - estate business and even our private family and close friends memorial. I also plan, at some point to "list" for you here some "details" people have been asking....

How did she die?
    What kind of funeral/memorial are we having?
    What did we do with her remains and what will we do?

Once i have all this information I'll post it as a FACT SHEET.
    Not really for discussion but to answer a few questions many have asked. Just enough detail so we are all on the same page moving forward in celebrating her life and not dissecting the passing of it. Her memory and the work she leaves behind for me, for us far outweighs the trivial information. That said, like me, many of you want closure and these kinds of details do offer that. I respect that.

Also in there I will tell some of you who've asked how to get a DVD of the movie Carpool Guy that I gave you the link to Saturday. I'm trying to arrange it so I can get it to you very inexpensively and create a way for some of the proceeds to go to one of mom's charities. I'll also discuss some of the ideas I have for a book which many of you have encouraged me to write. However it plays out, I'd love for it to grow right here, out of our discussions. This is where my heart is now. This is where I'm celebrating my mom and the truest thoughts of my being seem to be generated. I'll stick with that. You are well of love and truth for me.

Regarding that, as we move forward - and I REALLY DO hope we can continue this conversation for years to come - I can't tell you how much it's helped me on a daily basis - I want to make sure I also expand on thoughts that aren't directly related to my mom. For those who have read my posts for some time now, well before my mom's passing, you know I sometimes like to express myself (aka ramble and rant) about issues as related to things happening currently in the news. I now know those views were indeed shaped by my mom, they are, to some degree, an extension of her views, life lessons and observations she taught me and encouraged me to put an eye toward and relate. I want to get back to those writings. Some will mention my mom, others might not, but know that they'll be informed by her and in a way continue to celebrate her. This is how she will stay with me, to keep experiencing and expanding my life as she would have me do. In this way it gives me great comfort knowing that she lives on. And as I said the other day, oddly, it makes me feel closer to her in death than in life. We will touch on truths. And love. Those were the purest moments with my mom. Visiting for visiting sake, the requisite card on mother's day - all nice - but not always the most true and pure. I feel extremely close to her today, this moment. Her magnificence is almost overwhelming.

I will start that by saying, through observation, the world is in a strange place... broken. And this isn't emotional fallout from my mom's passing, but instead something I've been saying for years now, both here, and in my films. But it is fixable. She knew it and I know it to be true. And while the mechanics of our problems; upside down economy, unemployment, state of education to name a few will need major overhauls, none it will happen unless we adopt the most simple and again, TRUE LESSON, my mother taught me; Love for one another. Compassion and Hope. Through a deepest faith possible that we are good and showered by God's Grace and beauty. Those were Christ's lessons so while I love my mom, they aren't all that new. She didn't invent the wheel - she just kept rolling it forward. Start there, the rest will follow."

#34   2013/05/20 09:46PM
    Nancyfan

Oh my heart ached as if for a family member, mother figure for Jeanne Cooper/Katherine Chancellor. And yes I think Corbin has already begun his book. She was a great lady. I loved that she included God in her scenes when she spoke. That endeared her to me even more. I will miss her so.

I also think Jess Walton should get a bigger part and the memories should continue. Jess should be on screen more and let us see the love she really had for Katherine for all the years once they started to love each other. Pair up Jill with Brock or even Victor Newman. Boy maybe Jill could handle Victor huh? ha ha. Rest In Peace Beautiful Duchess Jeanne Cooper, God Bless you. I loved you.

#35   2013/05/20 10:02PM
    pgl35

I already miss her soooo much. I just finished her book and it was a page turner. So glad she got to write her book before she passed. I love her and will never forget her.

#36   2013/05/21 04:14AM
    hopey pix

I do wonder how they keep the details of her death quiet in today's world!But,I suppose we should try to remember the great things about her!Her cool beauty,great acting,and lovely face!!Y&R people are the best people,like I posted a few days ago!!Why does JFP ruin such a good thing?WHY?

#37   2013/05/21 09:00AM
    HOT PINK

Good Tuesday Morning, Everyone. Corbin posted this a few hours ago:

"In light of the horrific events in Oklahoma today, I will refrain from posting thoughts about my mom. Her passing is suddenly put in a new light and staggering perspective. She would slap me silly if I gave one more sentence to her.

So instead we pray for those whose lives have been torn apart, children, sweet young children taken too soon from this life. And their families who's anguish I can't even begin to imagine. I pray that somehow, pulling on the greatest reserves of their faith that they somehow do not allow the light to completely extinguish. It is in that light they will find a path to the future. I do know this, and I will give my mom a moment here, that when those children arrive home and find their place in the great mystery, my mom will be there, along with others, arms opened wide, ready to smoother them with her love. I know that love. The residual pain will be ours, here on earth, left trying to make sense of it all. I pray for the families, the responders and those in the community who will have the hard task of rebuilding lives.
    Please take a moment with me, tonight, and send the same love you sent to me during my mom's final journey to all those hurting tonight."

#38   2013/05/21 09:40AM
    Layngel

I am looking forward to the tribute show, but will make sure I have my kleenex as I am sure to cry my eyes out.

I like what her son said about her slapping him silly if he kept posting about her instead of the OK storms.

She was an amazing woman. My prayers go out to all affected by the storms, and all those who are dealing with losing a loved one.

#39   2013/05/21 09:55AM
    Saturn12345

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote hopey pix: I agree that Corbin shares things like nobody else from Y&R,with the exception of Sean Flanery(Sam).They are both so good to their fans!When you tweet them,they answer back!I loved so much that Sean sent me a quote,a really comforting one at that,after my Brother Greg's death in January!I found that so wonderful and comforting,I gush to everyone about how caring he is with fans!!I wish so much they'd have these great men back on Y&R,and fast!!They are so missed by me,and Y&R,I'm sure!!I pray Jeanne's memorial show is fitting of our Grande Dame of Daytime!!I really hope so!!I miss you so much Jeanne,our lovely Dutchess!!

hopey pix - It is wonderful when our favorite soap stars take the time to respond and do something special the way Sean Patrick Flanery did when you lost your brother. A few years ago, I wrote to Jeanne, saying I had loved her since I was a child and wished she would write a book about her life. She wrote back saying she was in the process of writing one and she thanked me for being a life-long fan. I have her wonderful book, and am loving every word of it. She was an amazing lady! Nowadays, I watch YR with sadness in my heart because I know our dear Duchess is gone. But, as I said in another post, Jeanne will live in our hearts forever and will be forgotten.

I wish Corben would let us know what kind of infection Mrc C had that took her from all of us.

#40   2013/05/21 01:07PM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Corbin posted this a few hours ago.

"One of the strange and less talked about aspects of loosing a parent is the inability to ask them a simple question that only they have the answer to. For instance, I know my mother's side of the family - her mother specifically - are from Oklahoma. My mother talked about this often as it related to her Cherokee heritage which I always had a strong curiosity about, and innate connection to. My mother's maiden name is MOORE. My son Angus' middle name is Moore in honor of that. Moore is the town hardest hit in Oklahoma yesterday! The question I can't ask; "Mom, is this where we come from? Is this the Moore side of our family? Are we related?" The connection is striking. I'm certain there must be some tie to the family tree.

Either way the pain of what these people are going through is staggering. And all happening in the wake of my mom's passing - at a time when I'm personally trying to sort out that piece of the puzzle - it's meaning and greater purpose. I know this isn't about me - certainly not - but we do tend to seek the personal and relatable connection to terrible events in the world. We rubberneck and whisper, "There but for the Grace of God go I."

My purpose and my resolve has grown tenfold overnight. A thousand fold! Mom's work regarding humanity and sharing light and love must continue, now more than ever. This connection to Oklahoma right after my mother's passing has struck a nerve deeper in my being than I thought possible.

Please share your money, your love and your light with Oklahoma. Helping one in need, helping one heal, lifting a neighbor back to their feet is the greatest wealth you can acquire. I can only suspect that in the grand scheme of things - the great mystery - as terrible and gut wrenching as it is for parents to lose a child or a loved one to be taken too early, these events like in Oklahoma have a much greater purpose. I know they do! They are about the way WE come together, unified in love, unified in our resolve to be our best, to be compassionate, and a true reflection of God. We must lift what remains from tragedy out of the ashes. This is our test to be human. This is our test to be True. This is our test to learn and share Love. Now more than ever. And yes, those would be my mom's words. To me."

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list