List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 19246, Replies: 189
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2013/05/14 11:11PM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    smwy

Corbin has mentioned writing a book... I hope he does. His sharing with us in this way has been extraordinary.

Sometimes he says he feels he is writing maybe too much for himself, but in fact I've drawn my own help and comfort for things in my own life from what he has said, opening the subject up so much.

So much like Jeanne... she wasn't averse to opening up new subjects in daytime by letting us into her own life.

If he feels close to his mother by writing... he should! Jeanne was such a strong spirit, there is no way she would stay silent even on the other side. I bet Corbin and those close to her will have many moments that make them scratch their heads... and it will be Jeanne up to her old tricks, keeping them on their toes.

#22   2013/05/15 08:22AM
    HOT PINK

Good morning, Everyone. Hope you are all having a good day so far. Corbin posted this a few hours ago:

"In New York now and a bit lost. Lots of great times here with my mom. Being with my sons Henry and Angus is filling some of the void, but honestly, today is just "one of those days" where the missing is overwhelming. Perhaps it was the flying, that quiet time away from the noise above it all. Reflecting.

On my way to the airport I visited the set of The Young and Restless where they taped a tribute show to my mom. It was just incredible, all the kind words from cast and crew about her, the stories. Some of which I'm still trying to digest. It airs on May 28 and for all those who loved her on Y&R, well this is just a magnificent send off. Thanks to all there for your kindness and love. She would be deeply honored and I suppose a bit annoyed at the same time for all the affection.

Part of me wants this all to end, the continuous reminders that naturally come with someone of her celebrity. Another part of me wants it to never end because it keeps her alive in my mind, continuing the dialogue she would want us to have. It makes me wonder where we will be in all this months from now. I so look forward to this brief time with all of you and even though I'm the one doing the talking, I read your responses and it has become an incredible two way conversation. I love our conversation. It honors my mom, but it also shows me that there is love and good in the world. And there are others hurting worse than me today. It's humbling. For now, I certainly don't want that to end.

So today is a mixed bag. Sadness defeating the light, but I will go to sleep with the knowledge that anything is possible tomorrow. To steal a phrase from my mom (If you've seen her last scene...) Goodnight."

#23   2013/05/16 08:23AM
    HOT PINK

Good Thursday Morning, Everyone. Here's Corbin's latest post:

"Just a bit numb all day today. Maybe being away from home. Memories of my mom here in New York. Who knows. It was on a trip here in 1980 that she asked me if I'd like to come along, hang out with her. I did. I'd just finished UCLA and thought every actor should put their time in in New York, hit the pavement, work it out. I loved it. Bought my first walkman and headphones and walked, and walked, soaked it all in. I can't remember why she was here, some event or other, but she suggested I should stay longer and set it up for me to stay with an old theater friend. I didn't know it them but that was a true gift - from one actor to another - and played a huge role in any success I have today. Doing "time" in NY. Getting by on a slice or two of pizza a day.

I had told her a year or so before that that I wanted to be an actor. She told me two things she needed to give her blessing...first and foremost train yourself, and then get hungry, struggle a bit. I wasn't sure why back then, but it became extremely clear... this career is a rocky road at best where less than 5% who want to make it, actually end up working at all. And even then, after huge successes, there can be, and often are, valleys of new struggle, never ending struggle. The only thing that keeps you sane and able to continue are a love for what we do. That is what she wanted me to do in New York; learn the craft and love it. That is WHY, EXACTLY WHY she survived 60 plus years in this business and 40 of those on Young and Restless. She loved what she did. She appreciated every single moment that she was on stage, in front of the camera. You saw it in her work. you saw it in that final scene. She was a master in control of her destiny. And it didn't matter the venue, the stage, the audience, or the genre. It was always about the work.

So I walked the streets of New York again today, a bit sadder, my walkman long retired and now replaced by an Ipod with far more sophisticated headphones, and remembered back to those days some 33 years ago. And I miss her in a new way. I miss the teacher, my mentor. I miss the insights and the inspiration. But I rejoice in the time I had, lessons I did learn that have made me able to work for some time now. A bit numb, yes, but also blessed."

#24   2013/05/17 04:52AM
    Krystalball

Great call by CBS/Sony NOT recasting the role of Katherine.

#25   2013/05/17 06:38AM
    Saturn12345

Quote HOT PINK: Hello, Everyone. Corbin posted this around 1:20 this morning:

"Tough day. Really tough. Missed mom more than you can imagine, and was reminded of her at every turn, every corner. Spent some time with the good folks and friends at Young and Restless, first having a good ole cry and then trying to figure out "what to do." I mean, mom's been a presence in that building and on that show for 40 years. You can't just say, "oh well, it was a good ride!" So we dealt with stuff, some of the what I'm now calling "mechanics of death." Stuff you gotta deal with even while grieving.

Over on the spiritual ball field I tried to find "signs" that she was okay - stupid stuff. Okay, I did see a pretty amazing butterfly and an incredible garden of roses while listening to George Jones' amazing song "Bed of Roses." I also saw an incredible rainbow tonight... maybe... All in all I might of worked it too hard and just didn't let go. Faith was also tested. Too many times the question, "what if this is it, the rest... a manufacture of our minds to ease the pain?" It's okay, faith is strengthened when tested. I say bring it. Clearly all over the map tonight but that is a true reflection of where I'm at today. Just letting it flow through, work it's way through my veins, sweat it out. Sorry if it's pouring out on you.

I had been thinking of writing a book for some time now (well before mom became ill) So many thoughts and shapes that I wanted to put into words regarding faith, family, and community that have become new cornerstones of my life and, to be a bit lofty, solutions for a hurting world. But I waited to begin writing as I generally do. I have no need, no deadline or financial gain in doing so, I do it for me and and for us. So I can afford to wait until that exact moment where pen must hit paper and I'm no longer in control. While my mom was battling these last few days it became clear, almost an "order," that I should start writing the day after she passes (and it was certain by then that she would pass soon.) But today came and went and I didn't begin. But I still have a few hours so I will do so here, and then perhaps copy and paste a few days from now. I tend to follow through on promises made, especially to self. It has also become clear how it must begin, and I think goes something like this...

My mother died yesterday, May 8, 2013 at 9:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time. And while the weight of the moment crashed down on me, crushing me; "the end," I knew in my heart that was false. Categorically false! A journey I had begun several years earlier simply hit another milestone, though one so powerful that it would bring all the uncategorized shapes and rough edges of a lifetime into a single, concise focus and reference point; not "the end," but a "true beginning."

I feel better already."

I would love Corbin to write that book he spoke of, and maybe someday he will. I know he has so many wonderful memories of his mother and some great stories to tell. My prayers and thoughts are with him, Collin, Caren and their entire family. Through them, Wilma Jeanne Cooper's legacy will continue. And, all of us on this YR board will always remember Jeanne as Brock's Duchess, the great Katherine Chancellor. She may be gone, but she will never ever be forgotten.

I feel the same way, it looks like he already started writing his book. That's right she will never be forgoten.I'll buy the book for sure.

#26   2013/05/17 07:19AM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a nice Friday morning so far. Here is Corbin's latest post:

"Interesting morning. Met with the publisher's of my mom's book who happen to be in NY. I really do want to do what I can to help knowing that she was planning on more book tours and the rest to promote it. Her agent told me that one of the most exciting phone calls they shared was when she informed mom that the book had made the New York Times Bestseller list. I knew she was happy for this, but now know the full impact in had on her. My mom was a bundle of contradictions, or rather, there was a ton of "life and history" below the surface, old news, stuff that hurt. The book - again - incredible timing given all things in perspective now - allowed her to release some that which she held onto so privately for so long. I don't think it was a release but rather a true sharing of who she was and what made her tick. She wanted people to know. And to some extent, I did see a "lightness of her being" after the book came out.

So with that in mind, and fully weighing the whole notion of promoting anything at this time as potentially seeing it as "profiting from her loss," I want to cautiously move forward and help get the book out there. I've discussed a portion of the book proceeds going to one of the many charities that she supported. In the end however, it is really everything I've been discussing in keeping her light burning. I am to a degree, consumed by this notion. Is it just me mourning or wanting more? Maybe. But I also believe she had so much to share and good lessons for us all. That is why she was here, to make her mark, that mark that we can all benefit from. Her book is certainly a good place to start. More on that to come as it becomes clearer what it all entails.

All that said, it does feel good to try and do something in her honor, takes away some of the sting of the loss. Calls continue to come in from old friends and that alone is almost worth the price of the ticket. She is reconnecting people. So much continues to happen in her name that... it almost feels as if she is here."

It looks like Jeanne's light is going to shine on thanks to Corbin and the rest of his family, and through all of the people who loved her. I am so glad I was able to get her book. It will always be one of my most treasured possessions.

#27   2013/05/17 08:22AM
    Saturn12345

Quote HOT PINK: Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a nice Friday morning so far. Here is Corbin's latest post:

"Interesting morning. Met with the publisher's of my mom's book who happen to be in NY. I really do want to do what I can to help knowing that she was planning on more book tours and the rest to promote it. Her agent told me that one of the most exciting phone calls they shared was when she informed mom that the book had made the New York Times Bestseller list. I knew she was happy for this, but now know the full impact in had on her. My mom was a bundle of contradictions, or rather, there was a ton of "life and history" below the surface, old news, stuff that hurt. The book - again - incredible timing given all things in perspective now - allowed her to release some that which she held onto so privately for so long. I don't think it was a release but rather a true sharing of who she was and what made her tick. She wanted people to know. And to some extent, I did see a "lightness of her being" after the book came out.

So with that in mind, and fully weighing the whole notion of promoting anything at this time as potentially seeing it as "profiting from her loss," I want to cautiously move forward and help get the book out there. I've discussed a portion of the book proceeds going to one of the many charities that she supported. In the end however, it is really everything I've been discussing in keeping her light burning. I am to a degree, consumed by this notion. Is it just me mourning or wanting more? Maybe. But I also believe she had so much to share and good lessons for us all. That is why she was here, to make her mark, that mark that we can all benefit from. Her book is certainly a good place to start. More on that to come as it becomes clearer what it all entails.

All that said, it does feel good to try and do something in her honor, takes away some of the sting of the loss. Calls continue to come in from old friends and that alone is almost worth the price of the ticket. She is reconnecting people. So much continues to happen in her name that... it almost feels as if she is here."

It looks like Jeanne's light is going to shine on thanks to Corbin and the rest of his family, and through all of the people who loved her. I am so glad I was able to get her book. It will always be one of my most treasured possessions.

I'm reading her book now, I'm 3/4 finished and I love it so much. I first got my friend that has watched Y&R for years to read it and she loved it too. I'lll buy the book that Corben is writing too. He's such a good writer. I'm very sad for her family.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/17 08:24AM
    #28   2013/05/17 09:01AM
    lesepps

The writers are putting a lot of effort into the tribute. Looking forward to it.

#29   2013/05/18 06:33PM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Corbin posted this earlier today:

"Thanks so much for your outpouring of love and support yesterday. Got home last night and waiting for me on my desk was a small mountain of condolence cards from friends near and far. Also a small "garden" of flowers sent in sympathy. The tears finally came once again. What moves me most is the generosity of people who knew my mom, both personally, and like many of you, from a short distance through her work. Your kind words about her are what move me, bring the emotion forth. I do miss her - abundantly - and there are emotions about that, but your love for her and support of me through this is staggering - a thousand times more powerful than the hurt of "missing." Tears now seem to be in awe of that.

I sat with a friend recently who said she was trying to find that "thing," that "answer..." Something to grab onto that brings this life experience into focus, a bigger purpose. God. A religion. A faith. An explanation. I sat quietly and listened. Then after some time I smiled and simply said what I have known for a time now, and feel more certain of since my mom's passing, and your kindness to me and my family in the wake of it... "Love." I urged her to take a walk and focus on the beauty, the smells, the smiles. For many of us this is where we find God. But I explained to her that you don't need to "finalize" your thoughts, take that human desire to define and put it away for a moment and simply experience things... Grace. You don't even have to call it God. That's what I do, but that's me. First and foremost you must experience it, let it seep into your soul, inform your very cells, let it bring light and illumination to your being. In short, stop searching and start experiencing.

Like many, I too have been a searcher and most likely always will be. (My burden and my blessing) These days however the "search" intrigues me now more than it anxiously demanding for me to understand the exactness of things. I'm enjoying the study of it, if you will, observation through the experience and letting it change the very nature of who I am from the cellular level right on UP. That's what all of you have done for me and continue to do so. That's what those cards and flowers did for me last night. My mother's passing has afforded me this incredible relationship with all of you, where your love, your warmth, your light has entered every pore of my being and changed me for the better. I'm lighter today. The rose is fragrant once again. God's Grace is is beyond description... magnificent comes the closest.

So mom, you are still at work, changing lives - mine and even those who had only a brief second to intersect with you. Your engine continues to drive us forward only now without the pain and sweat you endured that comes from the labor of doing so. You are doing all of this, finally at peace, at one with the great mystery once again. You are more powerful than ever now and your reach is infinite."

#30   2013/05/18 06:59PM
    hopey pix

I agree that Corbin shares things like nobody else from Y&R,with the exception of Sean Flanery(Sam).They are both so good to their fans!When you tweet them,they answer back!I loved so much that Sean sent me a quote,a really comforting one at that,after my Brother Greg's death in January!I found that so wonderful and comforting,I gush to everyone about how caring he is with fans!!I wish so much they'd have these great men back on Y&R,and fast!!They are so missed by me,and Y&R,I'm sure!!I pray Jeanne's memorial show is fitting of our Grande Dame of Daytime!!I really hope so!!I miss you so much Jeanne,our lovely Dutchess!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list