List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 18680, Replies: 189
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #11   2013/05/12 06:35PM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Judith Chapman (Gloria) posted this on Facebook about an hour ago:

"A quiet and very warm Mother's Day in the desert.
    An extra thought to Jeanne's family, and all, who have lost their MUMS too early...
    Our Darling Jeanne Cooper was always there for me...At our restaurants here in Palm Springs, Front row and center for Opening Night of "VIVIEN," a comforting word when my Father passed...on and on...AND, I know, if she were here... she'd drop by SAN VICENTE MARKET in BRENTWOOD tomorrow to sample some of JAMES' sauces....
    just for the heck of it...she was that kinda gal...God Bless you, Jeanne on this Mother's Day...You may have taken your final bow, but, your BRAVAS will carry on forever! WATCH OUT, HEAVEN...HERE SHE COMES!!!!"

#12   2013/05/13 04:18AM
    hopey pix

Missed that tribute!!I know how I missed my Mom who passed in December!!But,Corbin,I hope you got through this day okay,since it just happened!!Love to you and be assured we all miss our MRS. C. Love to all Y&R fans an their Moms!!

#13   2013/05/13 06:04AM
    HOT PINK

Corbin posted this message yesterday (Sunday) morning:

"Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful women out there that bring us into this world, nurture us, teach us and then release us to the wild when wings are strong enough to fly. Mom, you are gone, but my wings are strong and because of you they will weather any storm, no matter how strong the wind that would seek to throw me off course. I miss you today, as would naturally expect - I miss you terribly - but perhaps for the first time in my 58 years I celebrate this day in it's truest form, honoring you beyond the Hallmark Card event that it often becomes, and fully as the incredible woman, the mother that you were and continue to be. You may be gone in body, but your spirit is a thousand times brighter, more encompassing, and comforting that it's ever been. I love you and celebrate you along with all the other magnificent women who call themselves "Mother."

Your legacy lives on through Collin, Caren and I and your incredible 8 grandchildren: Oliver, Weston, Henry, Angus, Harrison, Grace, Finley and Sarah.

Photo: Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful women out there that bring us into this world, nurture us, teach us and then release us to the wild when wings are strong enough to fly. Mom, you are gone, but my wings are strong and because of you they will weather any storm, no matter how strong the wind that would seek to throw me off course. I miss you today, as would naturally expect - I miss you terribly - but perhaps for the first time in my 58 years I celebrate this day in it's truest form, honoring you beyond the Hallmark Card event that it often becomes, and fully as the incredible woman, the mother that you were and continue to be. You may be gone in body, but your spirit is a thousand times brighter, more encompassing, and comforting that it's ever been. I love you and celebrate you along with all the other magnificent women who call themselves "Mother." Your legacy lives on through Collin, Caren and I and your incredible 8 grandchildren: Oliver, Weston, Henry, Angus, Harrison, Grace, Finley and Sarah."

And, here is a link to a beautiful photo with Jeanne surrounded by her family:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151557827795914&set=a.111693310913....

#14   2013/05/13 06:08AM
    HOT PINK

Quote hopey pix: Missed that tribute!!I know how I missed my Mom who passed in December!!But,Corbin,I hope you got through this day okay,since it just happened!!Love to you and be assured we all miss our MRS. C. Love to all Y&R fans an their Moms!!

hopey pix - I know yesterday was a sad, bittersweet one for you. I hope you got through the day okay, too. I lost my father on Father's Day in 1997, and that day is always a sad one for me. I know Corbin and his family sincerely appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

#15   2013/05/13 07:08AM
    habbyfan

Thank you Pink for posting the Tribute by Judith Chapman(Gloria)so touching.

#16   2013/05/13 07:14AM
    habbyfan

hopeypix ... I know your heart hurt yesterday ... a very wise lady once told me "you never get over the loss of your Mother"

She will be with you forever ... when I make a gaff ... I can hear her laughing ...

#17   2013/05/13 08:54AM
    HOT PINK

Good Morning, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 40 minutes ago:

"A new day, a new life, a new direction. Not really, I'm pretty much the same guy I've always been but now more determined and "in tune" to be TRUE to all things. Certainly true to self, but also true in conveying what I believe without softening edges to fit in everyone's box. Truth. That, if nothing else is what my mother - I was going to say "stood for" but that isn't accurate - Truth is simply what my mother was/is. That truth actually has no line between "was" and "is" and can't be extinguished in her passing. Truth is simply truth.

But it is a new week, mother's day - again, very interesting timing of all things, mom - but mother's day has come and gone. It took the body of my mother but not who she was. That's where I'll start this new part of my journey. And honestly, it feels absolutely corny saying all this "crap." Like a bunch of "son in mourning BS" driveling out of my mouth. I recognize that. But it is true. I will begin today living and striving for the life I want for me, my family, my community, all of you, and the world I live in. I want to voice opinion without sitting in judgment of others. Truth is, I know nothing and at the same time I am capable of everything. All the knowledge one ever needs is already in me, through God and a oneness with it all... if I can truthfully live that.

I had a dream last night that my skull was cracked from ear to ear, across my head, a one inch gap, widening, threatening to expose my brain, loosing it's "housing." Woke up, naturally a bit rattled. Then thought about it. I'm not a huge dream analyzer but it did occur to me that I was dividing something of my old self from a new self. And my brain, my "hub," wanted to break free and find air, breath new insights. Of course my wife says it's because I bumped my head last night (lightly) when going through old stuff to find something to place with my mother as we "send her off" this week. ( More on that when the time is appropriate.)

Seeking and living truth is not an easy thing and I pray this morning for guidance in doing so, so that in my expedition thereof, I do all this in a manner that my mom would want demand of me; humility, humanity, equality, grace and love. To steal a title from U2 - "It's a beautiful day!"

#18   2013/05/14 07:04PM
    HOT PINK

Good evening, Everyone. Here's Corbn's latest post:

"Heading to New York today for some "Psych" business. Will be great to join my Castmates and a brief distraction from life's current events. Spent yesterday doing a bit more of those "mechanics of death." Mom was very clear about end of life and what we were to do to prolong it, and if need be, call it quits when enough had been tried. We honored that to the word. She was less clear about what she wanted done afterwards. Truth is, she most likely didn't give a damn, and left it for us to figure out, perhaps yet another test to see if we had learned the many lessons she taught us. Her life was in her work, and the present and future of all she stood for, not the vessel that allowed her to do so for her brief 84 years on this earth. We know she didn't want to be boxed, housed or confined in life, so it would follow that the same be true in death. Instead she would want to continue to be free; free to to fly, let the wind take her where she will, where she need be, reaching into every corner of this earth, every person in need, going to the root of all humanity and nurturing. She wouldn't have wanted her name carved in a stone, stuck in one place with grass eventually growing over it. She etched her name on everyone that crossed her path, in person or other, and then some. That is her "marker." I can't say this enough, but because of that, to truly honor her, those who were touched by her, by her humanity and love, it is imperative that you try your best to let that not fade away. Don't let the grass overgrow the etching of her name on your soul and spirit. I won't. Right now the world is messed up. What we see and hear in the news is unthinkable, unbearable... but fixable if we all become the true invention. But that takes work, hard work, and a dedication to face the monster and turn it away. That is what my mother did, and it often tore her up. But it also why she touched so many lives, doing that which sometimes we were afraid to do ourselves. But now it is us. It is me. And it is without fear that we must continue her work. Because the world is a magnificent place and we are a magnificent creation. She knew that."

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/14 07:07PM
    #19   2013/05/14 08:50PM
    gjnagh

>>>>She wouldn't have wanted her name carved in a stone, stuck in one place with grass eventually growing over it. She etched her name on everyone that crossed her path, in person or other, and then some. That is her "marker." I can't say this enough, but because of that, to truly honor her, those who were touched by her, by her humanity and love, it is imperative that you try your best to let that not fade away. Don't let the grass overgrow the etching of her name on your soul and spirit.<<<<<

Wow, how uncanny that Corbin would talk about his Mother Jeanne's grave and ask us not to "let the grass overgrow the lettering on her stone".....symbolically meaning the memory of how she lived her life.

I spent Mother's Day, w MY Mother, at the graveyard, visiting the graves of MY Grandmother (my Mom's Mother) and my Aunt (my Mom's sister). We noticed that some of the graves, in the family plot, were overgrown, w grass, covering the lettering on my Aunt & Uncle's graves. We removed all the grass around all of the stones, and planted flowers in front of the family headstone.

No worries Corbin, the Y&tR messageboard LOVES Jeanne and we won't forget how she treated others (especially the less fortunate).

#20   2013/05/14 09:34PM
    hopey pix

I just spent Mother's Day trying to remember my Mom and then Brother Greg too!!They are always with me!!I loved and miss Jeanne!!I saw the CBS tribute on the computer.It was nice,but short,and the next story was about Tom Hanks and his new Broadway show,Lucky man!It was 6 minutes,and Jeanne's was only over 2 minutes!Somehow it didn't seem right to have such a short tribute really!!Miss you Jeanne,lovely Dutchess!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list