List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/21 03:55PM, Views: 16298, Replies: 183
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #111   2013/06/06 09:55AM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a good day. Corbin posted this a couple hours ago:

"Cooper's Troopers... who knew it would be such a hit! Thursday morning, day after Wednesday 4. I had a 10 hour sleep last night - first full night (and then some) in over two months. For the first time in those months I feel truly awake and ready to take steps toward the future - leading the Cooper Trooper charge! It's also the first time I've been away from home since mom's passing, and went to bed last night missing her more than ever... wanting to pick up the phone like the last time I was in Florida just to say hello. We had an incredible conversation then later that day got the call from my brother... But today is a new day, a new start. The weather here isn't cooperating, even with Tornadoes stirring up trouble nearby! Perhaps storm before the true calm, one more hurdle between this period of my life journey and the next.

Thanks to those who visited Home Theater Films, I hope you'll keep checking out our activity and help us in our mission to bring enlightening films that celebrate the greater part of life to your entire family. As you saw, family is the center of my world - that is the greatest lesson learned from my mom!

In that regard... I'd be remiss If I didn't say a HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my incredible wife Amanda, the center of the center of my world. I love you. I miss you. I hate being away from you today. I know you don't give as much importance to these things as I do, but that's one of the beautiful and magnificent differences between us. I suspect you'll get a few birthday wishes here..... I love you, happy birthday, grey hair and all!

I promised that from time to time I'd also comment on events of our world that affect us all... I'm sickened to hear that young Sarah Murnaghan, the little 10 year old girl who needs a lung transplant to save her life might not be able to get one because she isn't 12. I'm sure that there are good reasons behind the laws that are preventing this, but sometimes laws of man have to give way to laws of nature and God. Neither would want this young child to die if there is a way to prevent it. I often talk about community. One of the problems I see in this country (and world) is that our national community has become so big, so entangled in left and right, rich and poor, faithful and faithless, that we've forgotten at the center, in the middle of all of this, we are simply human beings trying to make it through the day. And if you value life, prosperity, equality, - yes, all lessons my mother taught and are right there on page one of the Cooper Trooper handbook, then you don't look one way or the other, but directly at the person. We are all children of God, not bound by age, gender, or color of skin. We should save Sarah, that is the law of man, the law of nature, the law of God.

So, Troopers, who believe this - and I fully respect that some won't - that is fair - but those who believe Sarah should be given a chance for life, please research this then call who you need to, write a letter - "do whatever" (I believe those were the words of my mom) and help Sarah. I read just moments ago that the tide might be turning and that is great, but let's put some power behind it to ensure that the wave hits shore.

Why this? Well, that is what my mom and I would be talking about today. That's what should would be ranting about."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151594221265914&set=a.111693310913.970... />

Also, here's the link to the Home Theater Films, in case you want to check the site out:

us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=675b36537972a7f4003a76ac1&id=aea27279c8

#112   2013/06/06 11:10AM
    countryMomof4

Thanks Hot Pink! Love Cooper's Troopers!!!

I appreciate you posting these tweets!

#113   2013/06/06 11:24AM
    HOT PINK

Quote countryMomof4: Thanks Hot Pink! Love Cooper's Troopers!!!

I appreciate you posting these tweets!

You're welcome, countryMomof4. I love reading Corbin's posts and look forward to them every morning. As I told him in a tweet this morning, they truly make my day!

#114   2013/06/10 12:39PM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone! I'm very glad the site is back up! I've missed posting with you all! Corbin posted this on Friday, 07 June:

"False. That's what I feel about yesterday's post. False. On several levels...

First and foremost I mentioned how I wanted to "move on" from my mom's passing to a "new chapter." Yes, that's true, but doing so yesterday felt false. I did however chose to share something that truthfully meant something to me, the plight of young Sarah. This is not to say that it wasn't a worthy topic. I was thrilled to hear that she's now been placed on a list for transplant. I was thrilled that together we prayed for her - the power of your prayers helped me through my mom's final days and I know the positive effect it can have.

But here's the thing... I feel now, today, that I might have been pushing, looking for something to talk about other than my mom when in fact she is still here, on the tip of my tongue and leading my every thought. It is TRUE that she'd be the first to mention Sarah, but it was false that I tried too hard to "move on." I suppose that I also felt a bit stung by one fellow who commented about my needing to "get over it" and said my words here are simply for attention. It gave me pause. I had to question my intentions - we should always question, always! So I did, and while I do enjoy seeing the outpouring of love (attention I suppose) I know that what I'm relaying and sharing is FIRST AND FOREMOST from the heart and our exchange has helped me tremendously in dealing with this tough time in my life. You even defended me yesterday against this fellow. I appreciate that but I'd ask that you don't attack him as some did. Instead, just listen, and then inform kindly, and I suppose pray for his understanding. The last thing I want is to make this a battleground. I'll sign off for good if that becomes the case. Going back to my mom, I told you a while ago that for her there was "No line on the Horizon." No line between earth and sky, character and actor, just one. All. And that's how I'd like us to continue our dialogue here, not "him against us, us against him," but simply all as one. Both sides of a conversation IS what a conversation is about. A dialogue, not a monologue where I'm right and somebody is wrong.

I suppose that's another reason I feel yesterday was "false." I found myself speaking out against "government" and a strange law that prevents a girl like Sarah from getting on a transplant list. Me against them. Again, not what I want. If I could take it back I'd rather have addressed it as a terrible situation and one where we should all pray for Sarah and those who can save her life. Instead I chose sides. That isn't the way my mom worked. No line on the Horizon. Act as one.

Then I have another false issue and I'm going to ask for your honesty and patience here... Well before my mom's illness and passing I used this forum to talk about personal observations (like Sarah) and occasionally my company and our work at Home Theater Films. It is after all a great "water cooler" to reach out to our audience and chat about the hard work done by everyone at our company and the resulting films... and to be frank, somewhat of an obligation of mine, though I never see it as such because I believe completely and truthfully in our mission. I believe in family and community and faith. I believe that is the path back from an abyss that is threatening our way of life. That is what I write about here, and in the movies I make. My mother was one of our greatest supporters, even naming our Soap Box Derby movie "25 Hill" after a slope in Taft California where kids ran there Derby cars when she was young. It's why that movie was located there, Taft. So naturally I feel an inclination to share our work, especially given my mom's involvement and support, but still, right now it feels "false." I know many of you have come here to talk about my mom only and reflect with me on her life, then for me to switch gears... honestly, I'm a bit stuck on that... not sure right from wrong. I would never want to think I'm profiting off her passing. Then again, from somewhere "out there" I hear her saying, "Corbin, stop thinking so much (with a few expletives in the mix) and don't worry!"

False. I don't like being false. Sometimes the truth even masks itself as false. But that's the truth. Confusing? Welcome to my head today!"

#115   2013/06/10 12:48PM
    HOT PINK

Here's Saturday's post from Corbin (08 June):

"Okay, truth. Absolutely exhausted. A fog seems to be hanging over me, lifting only from time to time allowing the lights below to shine. I'm not used to darkness, I go to sleep with the sun and rise with the sun. I love light. I read this morning in a fantastic book by the director Tom Shadyac (Life's Operating Manual - a must read) an interesting concept; we have to embrace the discomfort and the pain for new growth. Just as the flower must be cut and and tree trimmed for new life to flourish, we too must have an alteration to our "normal" to begin a new direction. I fully believe that. it is only from here that we can flourish and grow. We can not have pleasure with out pain, knowledge without questions. I know that I am 10 times the man I was before my mom died. Her death created a fire that burns every fiber of my being. But from those ashes, not only have her teachings, the actions of her life come into absolute focus, but the sorrow that accompanies her passing is the fertile soil for new life to begin... new directions... new friends... new challenges.

But alas, I'm tired. That's the truth. Tired from the weeks of ups and downs and discomfort. I'm ready for the new day. I want to become that which is the truest me, all that God has in store for me. False moves, as noted earlier simply feel, "off." I want truth and light. I invite them with open arms.

I would always go to my mom at my darkest hours, and she would somehow make it better, never negating the dark, but simply comforting me through it. She was the light at the end of the tunnel, that is how she lived, ever the optimist about our well being and human potential. I need her tonight. It's ironic that it's because of her passing that this moment of darkness even exists. She is the creator and comforter.... and there it is again... one. All.

I'm going to sleep early now, and best as I can, let the love that is her into the darkness and fill the room so that I may bath in it, soak it in, and remember her."

#116   2013/06/10 12:54PM
    HOT PINK

Hello again. Here is Corbin's latest post:

"Woke up with a fresh perspective this morning after a good night's sleep. (Forgot to mention I was in Vancouver last night shooting an episode of Psych - busy couple of days... Glades on Thursday, Psych on Friday, home today then off with my wife and son for a short holiday.)

But I woke up with the a soft morning light both in my room and soul. That notion of "Cooper's Troopers" came to mind. On one hand it was a fun "mention" here - though a bit silly and obvious - but so many responded so positively I was thinking of what to do with it, or what it really means in the first place.

The shallow version is this (meaning that I haven't dug too deep yet) :

My mom stood for a great many things, never taking sides, but always there for all, One. She lived and breathed God's love for each of us and continues to do so. She wasn't "religious" per se, she just was. Is. Love. For all. Compassion, equality, human dignity, and the insistence that each of us discover ourselves, our passions, our person and live it fully. Then, with those principles in place, we must give of ourselves, volunteer, be generous and charitable. That is what it takes to be human. That is love. Serve all under One. Those are her orders to us and the message we must take into our world; our families, our neighbors, our community, our children... especially our children. They are, to be very cliche, our future. That isn't just a "saying," it's science, a fact. We will be gone and they remain. Whatever values we instill in them will be our legacy. I would love for Coopers Troopers to be a force in ensuring THAT... that our children know these human values. They will face obstacles we can't even fathom, natural and man made. They will have to walk the heap of refuse we are laying at their feet. In order to survive they will have to recycle it, turn it back into something useful and meaningful. Without these simple principles of what my mom taught me... us... of what it means to be human and strong in purpose, all will be lost. We are at a critical time in our greater journey. We must act now.

I would like to think that Cooper's Troopers might carry that message into the world.

So I got to thinking... "how?" How do we do that? We can simply sit here and talk one another on a daily basis, maybe others will come, maybe we'll mention our dialogue to those outside the sphere we travel here... or

Again, at the risk of sounding self promoting... this is what I've been trying to do in my films, almost unknowingly, secretly influenced by the quiet whispers in my ear from my mom... all along. They are the values in the movies already made. Even the mother son relationship as a starting point lives in each story. One of the greatest ways to quickly and efficiently "get any word out," is through movies... and television. That got me to thinking, why me? Why have I, out of hundreds of thousands who want to have a career in film or television, or stage, why have I been chosen to have this success? Suddenly it's clear... so we can do this. Even my mom's passing comes at a near perfect and critical time in my own evolution in those regards... For five years I've "practiced" this new craft, writing and directing films, honing them and my ability to tell stories. I've done all this while being blessed with the job of Psych to make sure my family is being taken care of... now Psych is coming to an end and I believe I'm ready... to bust out, to tell the stories to an even larger audience... stories that embrace and bring to light all the things we are talking about here! That is my mission, it's always been the mission of Home Theater Films.... only now it's all in focus, top to bottom. But here's the thing...

These aren't blockbusters... they can hardly survive next to the powerhouse of the summer blockbuster... These stories, often small and quiet in nature and their resolve have trouble breaking through the noise. What they need is a small army of people who believe like I do, like we do, making sure they find a curious mind and willing ear to watch and listen. We must open new doors, especially with our children and serve them some of this "flavor" alongside the video games and the rest. This is the stuff of goodness, of humanity. These are the quiet tools that will ensure their future and the future of their children.

... Perhaps Cooper Troopers can help with that? I'll be brutally honest, it's been extremely hard making small movies that reach a narrow audience... but I persist because I know the truth of the mission, and the importance. To know there exists a tide of power helping push these films and their greater purpose toward greater shores... would mean the world to me.

I went to sleep last night, in a darker place, and surrounded my self with a mother's love. I woke this morning with the light and engaged in a brief conversation with her as many of you had suggested I do... just speak out, she will listen and answer back. She did. And all of the above what I came up with.

My concern; how to keep it separate, and keep pure what we do here, our dialogue on general matters, reflections and the greater conversation.

I'm writing this at about 36,000 feet so forgive me if it's alla bit lofty!

Thoughts?"

#117   2013/06/10 01:21PM
    countryMomof4

Thank you Hot Pink. I've been missing this thread because of the site issues.

#118   2013/06/10 03:52PM
    HOT PINK

Corbin posted this about an hour ago:

"Hey all
    I'm currently in France guests of the Monte Carlo Television festival with Amanda and my youngest son Finley. Thought I might get a few days away from "thinking too much," but low and behold tonight they celebrated the 40th Anniversary of The Young and The Restless and there, smack in the middle of it was my mom! Her face smiling at all of us. So I can't seem to escape her for the moment - and if you know her - she's organizing all of this! "Think you can forget that quickly!!! Ha!"

All that said it was a wonderful honor for the show that she called "home" for all those 40 years. She attended this festival a few years back and it was always my hope to be here with her - I guess I was tonight - just not as I had imagined. Once again, so many kind words about her, from people all over Europe who come here. I always knew that the Young and the Restless played to big audiences internationally, but I had somewhat "forgotten" about them during these last couple of months - I was thrilled to hear the kind words from around the world!

I know that my grieving is deep, meaning not necessarily in tears and how I feel at the surface level. I can feel my insides churning over it all. Usually a trip to France is filled with Croissants and excitement. This time it's unfortunately a bit muted, both in color and sound. But I'm glad I'm here and seeing yet another aspect of her life - and how she made an impact worldwide. I suppose it also brings yet another piece of closure, being here with her, in a sense... something we both had hoped to do.

Bon soir ma mère."

#119   2013/06/12 09:10AM
    HOT PINK

Hello, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 12 hours ago:

"Middle of the night in France....

A Mother's Comfort

One of my fondest memories of my mom was when I was about 11 or so. She would drive me to Little League practices and games. My dad was the president of the League but my mom made sure I got there. (She would also come to my defense if any umpire gave me a bad call - even going so far as to literally ending up on the field in an umpires face on more than one occasion! Another time for those stories...)

Well, on one particular late afternoon we were headed to practice after school in our '65 Cherry Red, black vinyl top Mustang - a car I surely hoped to inherit five years down the line. Wasn't to be... Traveling through an intersection on the tail end of a yellow light we were broad sided on the passenger by a massive Rolls Royce jumping out early on a green light. The impact threw me across the car onto my mother's side, bruised with minor cuts in a few places. (Side note: it took many years for me to gain confidence of seat belts because an officer on the scene actually told me that had I been strapped in, the passenger door, now a good quarter of the way into the car might have crushed me. Be clear, I did get over it and wear my seatbelt regularly today - cars are built much more sturdy with doors that don't fold in upon impact.)

Back to story...

To add insult to injury, the Rolls Royce that slammed us was driven by actor Jack Lemmon's wife. But here was the kicker; even at 11 I'd already identified Jack Lemmon as my favorite actor! Some Like it Hot remains as one of my favorite films... and now, his wife, in a car the size of a boat, surely bought by him, has slammed our poor little Mustang and me! Shattering my world... Well it wasn't really that bad ...

That evening after a quick trip to our family doctor - no hospital or ambulance - just a few stitches and his kind smile (where has that all gone?) I was back at home, soaking in a hot bath, shaken by it all. I was particularly worried that an upcoming overnight, school field trip to the Gold Country in central California was in jeopardy. Heck, I was worried that the rest of my life was in jeopardy. I was in a car accident!

My mom got me out of the bath, that sturdy smile on her face, dried me off, slipped on my PJ's and laid me down on my bed. She stroked my injured arm, assuring me that, yes, the field trip would go on as planned and that my world in fact had not been shattered... all would be just fine... okay. She comforted me in a way only a mother can do, and continued to do so right up to the day of her passing. She had a special knack for that, human touch, "Indian Healing" I would call it. Gentle. Profoundly comforting. Love.

I woke up in the middle of the night here in France just an hour or so ago, belly aching. Too much wine? Jet Lag? Mourning her loss? Or perhaps bad clams at dinner? Who knows.. maybe a little of each. But my first thought went straight to the story I just told you, one I hadn't thought about in years. Perhaps I simply wished she were here to give a stroke on the belly and say, "it will all be okay." Just telling the story makes me feel better already.

The good news... most likely isn't the clams!

Back to sleep now. Thanks mama."

#120   2013/06/12 09:58AM
    Saturn12345

Quote HOT PINK: Hello, Everyone. Corbin posted this about 12 hours ago:

"Middle of the night in France....

A Mother's Comfort

One of my fondest memories of my mom was when I was about 11 or so. She would drive me to Little League practices and games. My dad was the president of the League but my mom made sure I got there. (She would also come to my defense if any umpire gave me a bad call - even going so far as to literally ending up on the field in an umpires face on more than one occasion! Another time for those stories...)

Well, on one particular late afternoon we were headed to practice after school in our '65 Cherry Red, black vinyl top Mustang - a car I surely hoped to inherit five years down the line. Wasn't to be... Traveling through an intersection on the tail end of a yellow light we were broad sided on the passenger by a massive Rolls Royce jumping out early on a green light. The impact threw me across the car onto my mother's side, bruised with minor cuts in a few places. (Side note: it took many years for me to gain confidence of seat belts because an officer on the scene actually told me that had I been strapped in, the passenger door, now a good quarter of the way into the car might have crushed me. Be clear, I did get over it and wear my seatbelt regularly today - cars are built much more sturdy with doors that don't fold in upon impact.)

Back to story...

To add insult to injury, the Rolls Royce that slammed us was driven by actor Jack Lemmon's wife. But here was the kicker; even at 11 I'd already identified Jack Lemmon as my favorite actor! Some Like it Hot remains as one of my favorite films... and now, his wife, in a car the size of a boat, surely bought by him, has slammed our poor little Mustang and me! Shattering my world... Well it wasn't really that bad ...

That evening after a quick trip to our family doctor - no hospital or ambulance - just a few stitches and his kind smile (where has that all gone?) I was back at home, soaking in a hot bath, shaken by it all. I was particularly worried that an upcoming overnight, school field trip to the Gold Country in central California was in jeopardy. Heck, I was worried that the rest of my life was in jeopardy. I was in a car accident!

My mom got me out of the bath, that sturdy smile on her face, dried me off, slipped on my PJ's and laid me down on my bed. She stroked my injured arm, assuring me that, yes, the field trip would go on as planned and that my world in fact had not been shattered... all would be just fine... okay. She comforted me in a way only a mother can do, and continued to do so right up to the day of her passing. She had a special knack for that, human touch, "Indian Healing" I would call it. Gentle. Profoundly comforting. Love.

I woke up in the middle of the night here in France just an hour or so ago, belly aching. Too much wine? Jet Lag? Mourning her loss? Or perhaps bad clams at dinner? Who knows.. maybe a little of each. But my first thought went straight to the story I just told you, one I hadn't thought about in years. Perhaps I simply wished she were here to give a stroke on the belly and say, "it will all be okay." Just telling the story makes me feel better already.

The good news... most likely isn't the clams!

Back to sleep now. Thanks mama."

I'm glad that you are keeping in touch with us.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list