List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Started by Candace at 2013/05/09 11:23AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/16 03:13PM, Views: 18832, Replies: 189
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2013/05/31 02:02PM
    Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper
    countryMomof4

Thanks Hot Pink!

Her children have a hard day ahead of them tomorrow but she will help them out in her own special way.

#92   2013/05/31 02:47PM
    HOT PINK

Quote countryMomof4: Thanks Hot Pink!

Her children have a hard day ahead of them tomorrow but she will help them out in her own special way.

Tomorrow will be a sad day for them. But, I think Jeanne's spirit will be with her children and they will feel her presence and her love as they remember her.

#93   2013/05/31 03:20PM
    Laloni

Quote HOT PINK: Lovely article about Jeanne, Candace! She was such a wonderful lady. I grew up watching her on so many TV shows, and I am going to miss her terribly. Here is a link to a list of TV shows appeared in:
    www.imdb.com/name/nm0178137/. When she joined YR in November 1973, I was so happy!

Hope it's okay to post the message Corbin posted on Facebook earlier:

"Okay, so... first day. As the weight of loss sets in, I'm comforted by a beautiful day; birds chirping outside and a colorful spring garden. I look around my house, the places mom sat, holding court... fond memories. I see pictures of her on the news in wonderful tributes, the Internet, and that beaming face and a powerful soul. I know she lives on through us, her family, her body of work, and the love she showered over everyone she came in contact with. But I feel that today will have have it's empty, quiet, reflective moments as I try to reconstruct and rise up to a new life without her. I already miss her terribly...that thing most of us know... not being able to pick up the phone and just say hello. I will let it pass through me however and not fight it, but rather experience it as part of my journey now. I know with each day her smile and light will grow brighter once again, erasing the past few weeks until all that remains is the incredible spirit and force that she was on this earth. I will try my best to dig deep and truly understand all that she was, stood for and represented. So many positive values in life. She passed those values on to me but they often became blurred and muddied by the grind of my own life.

I can't help but feel a greater purpose in all of this. So much of what I've been trying to do with my life, through my own family, my films, the stories I tell is to bring some comfort and solution to a terribly hurting world. She took that hurt on her shoulders, and made it a burden, and then showed us - at least me - how to heal it. So I cant help but think that now it is my job - and all of ours to an extent - when our world so desperately needs it (watch any single news cast these days) to find ways, at the most very personal and singular if not cellular level, to bring some understanding, peace and yes, LOVE to the wounds of our world. But those are big, broad words, and I know deeper, there is more than that. Something specific. Something each of us can do. Easily. Actions that don't take money, or really, much time. It's in the very smallest of aspect of our lives. So today, during these quiet moments I will reflect on her life, the lessons she tried to reveal, the greater purpose for us all and bring them to some sort of summation so that I might employ them in all that I do from here on, both personally and professionally. She was here for a purpose, a purpose in scope equal to the force she was... now it's time to fully discover it and honor it. I miss you mom. My eternal love and gratitude for having known you."

I hope he will continue posting about his mom. I'm sure he and his brother and sister have so many wonderful stories to tell. I'm still reading her book, and it is giving me a wonderful insight into Jeanne and her life. "Not Young, Still Restless" will always be one of my most treasured possessions.

Jeanne gave us all so many hours of fabulous entertainment on YR and she will be sorely missed. She ROCKED as Katherine and no one can ever replace her!

#94   2013/06/01 11:33AM
    HOT PINK

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a nice Saturday. Corbin posted this about three hours ago:

"Amanda's mom has flown in from Europe for the memorial tomorrow and it means the world to me. Family, family, family... nothing makes me happier, more at peace and knowing love. She and my mom were good friends who didn't see each other often. She would however always look forward to seeing her on trips to the states. I was fortunate that the two "moms" had a good and mutual relationship. She's now my boy's remaining grandmother and to some degree the matriarch of the family. She did remind me on the way from the airport that I'm now the patriarch. (I couldn't help but thinking of Larry Hagman and Dallas - not sure why, but that's the immediate image that came to mind - weird!)

So we are all here this beautiful morning talking and sharing stories already. We did have a common thought that I'd like to share...

So many wonderful cards, emails and phone calls have given sympathy for "my loss." I was thinking about that during the night last night - (I seem to find myself awake every night lately for a couple of hours - not bad - just awake, mind at work) - Anyway I was thinking about that... "my loss." Honestly, I don't feel my mom's passing is a loss. In fact quite the opposite... it's a gain. I feel more love and more connected to the world - to all of you - in her passing. I also feel more of her; all the lessons taught, all the love, the compassion rushing the shores of my being like a tidal wave. I'm flooded with the life of my mother. She informs every breath I take now, every move, every moment I'm with someone - listening, caring and truthfully sharing the moment with them. I listen. That's the key thing. I listen, with ears and heart.

My mother-in-law, Jan, commented on the passing of her mother many years ago and we shared a common thought... after the passing of a loved one, all that remains are the good moments, the other seem to fade away - another miracle of our magnificent design. Also, and I'm experiencing this already but expect to for all my days - my mother is now with me, in my thoughts and the actions of my life on a daily basis. Many of you have said the same here over the weeks... that one of your parents died years ago but you think of them everyday. It's fair to say before my mom's passing I didn't think about my mother everyday. I suppose I took her being here for granted. And that's fair, I don't beat myself up over that... it's just the way it is in the real world. But now she's gone and I do think about her often each day and know that I will continue to do so for the remainder of my life.... and they are GOOD THOUGHTS! Thoughts of joy and love. They inform my world and make what often appears wrong, right. To me, that's not a loss, but a huge gain! I've gained life, not lost a mother. I thank her for that! And I thank Jan, who I hear reads these posts daily (quietly from France) I thank her for making the trip here. One more clue that the pieces of this life come together in the most magnificent way!"

#95   2013/06/01 11:56AM
    countryMomof4

Thank you Hot Pink! Corbin has such a way with words. He's very inspirational. Love his stories about his mother.

#96   2013/06/01 11:59AM
    countryMomof4

Thank you! He is very inspirational and comforting.

#97   2013/06/01 12:55PM
    habbyfan

This s/l will keep me going for the next month or so until it's completion,after that .....

#98   2013/06/01 01:25PM
    HOT PINK

Quote countryMomof4: Thank you Hot Pink! Corbin has such a way with words. He's very inspirational. Love his stories about his mother.

You're welcome, countryMomof4. I also love Corbin's stories about his mom. He is a wonderful writer and I find his words very comforting. My prayers are with him and his family this weekend as they remember the fabulous Jeanne Cooper at her memorial service.

#99   2013/06/01 03:42PM
    habbyfan

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote countryMomof4: Thank you Hot Pink! Corbin has such a way with words. He's very inspirational. Love his stories about his mother.

You're welcome, countryMomof4. I also love Corbin's stories about his mom. He is a wonderful writer and I find his words very comforting. My prayers are with him and his family this weekend as they remember the fabulous Jeanne Cooper at her memorial service.

Corbin has written so many stories, I hope he keeps them all together and writes a book of memoirs at a later date.

Thanks for bringing them to us,Pink.

#100   2013/06/01 04:27PM
    hopey pix

I know Habby!Corbin's words are so comforting!He's like Sean,in a way!!Sean sent me a lovely quote after my brothers death in January!I tweeted it to him on his page.And he sent me a lovely quote that I still treasure!This only makes me love those two men more!They are so gracious and understanding with their fans!A true rarity!!So wonderful!!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list