List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.

Started by Candace at 2013/05/08 11:25AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/10 12:27PM, Views: 16057, Replies: 109
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #81   2013/05/08 05:39PM
    Re: Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.
    missy194801

I have been watching Jeanne Cooper since she first appeared on the Y&R. I am so saddened today to hear of her passing. An icon, a legend. It will be difficult to watch and not see Mrs. Chancellor ruling the roost. I am so hoping that they do not recast the character. Let Jeanne Cooper RIP...let her character RIP. I would rather hold onto my memories of her than try to deal with another face in the role. It will never be the same without her, no one can fill her shoes. Ever.......RIP Jeanne Cooper....soar with the Angels....and know that you were loved enormously down here on earth.

#82   2013/05/08 05:41PM
    slky

Quote breddout: I am heartsick! I thought she would battle back and be on the show in a month or so. She looked so frail in the last several shows. I had a hard time figuring out if they were filmed before or after her hospitalization although logically, I knew she hadn't returned to work. How cool to do what you love up until the very end! Y&R will never be the same. She was a class act and will long be remembered. I love you Jeanne Cooper. Thank you so much for the memories. Rest in peace.

Very well said, thank you. I am just in shock and am so happy to see so many great things being said.

#83   2013/05/08 05:43PM
    missy194801

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Bec865: I watched that scene and the look on Jills(Jess Waltons)face, I think she knew that Katherine/Jeanne would never walk back down the stairs. Even when they were all in the living room talking to her. I even knew that would probably be her last show. I think they all knew as well her health was going and think that the producers/writers and Jeanne did it this way knowing her health was failing. I could be wrong though about the later. I will miss her!

So sad, but I think you are right. Something about that scene had a finality to it. Whether it was deliberate, or done due to her falling ill. The show will never be the same.

It would be a fitting tribute to Jeanne and Katherine for the show to be paused for an episode and instead an hour tribute dedicated to the Great Katherine Chancellor and her protrayer Jeanne Cooper be aired. Whatever they do, I hope it's a tribute fitting to the Grande Dame of Daytime.

I agree, an hour long tribute instead of airing the show would be fitting for such a vibrant, talented person. I, too, felt it strange when Katherine took that walk up the stairs and announced to Jill not to follow her. I thought that was odd....almost as though she was going up for the last time. This news is so heartbreaking that I will be so very disappointed if they do not do a tribute, memorial of some kind for the public to watch, for us to share in the pain of the loss of such an icon, legend.
    RIP Jeanne Cooper, fly with the Angels

#84   2013/05/08 05:43PM
    slky

Quote missy194801: I have been watching Jeanne Cooper since she first appeared on the Y&R. I am so saddened today to hear of her passing. An icon, a legend. It will be difficult to watch and not see Mrs. Chancellor ruling the roost. I am so hoping that they do not recast the character. Let Jeanne Cooper RIP...let her character RIP. I would rather hold onto my memories of her than try to deal with another face in the role. It will never be the same without her, no one can fill her shoes. Ever.......RIP Jeanne Cooper....soar with the Angels....and know that you were loved enormously down here on earth.

Beautifully said! Couldn't agree more.

#85   2013/05/08 06:10PM
    sasusan014

I haven't been keeping up with the show for the past few months, but, I caught a scene the other day as Katherine started to go up the stairs, and Jill asked her if she wanted help going up, Katherine stated she was OK. When the camera zoomed in on Jill, I thought she looked like she was going to cry....it gave me chills. Rest in Peace Mrs. C. Thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends.

#86   2013/05/08 06:15PM
    cw5704

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Bec865: I watched that scene and the look on Jills(Jess Waltons)face, I think she knew that Katherine/Jeanne would never walk back down the stairs. Even when they were all in the living room talking to her. I even knew that would probably be her last show. I think they all knew as well her health was going and think that the producers/writers and Jeanne did it this way knowing her health was failing. I could be wrong though about the later. I will miss her!

So sad, but I think you are right. Something about that scene had a finality to it. Whether it was deliberate, or done due to her falling ill. The show will never be the same.

It would be a fitting tribute to Jeanne and Katherine for the show to be paused for an episode and instead an hour tribute dedicated to the Great Katherine Chancellor and her protrayer Jeanne Cooper be aired. Whatever they do, I hope it's a tribute fitting to the Grande Dame of Daytime.

I think it would be a wonderful idea to have a tribute to both Jeanne and Katherine! It is going to be hard to watch the show without having "The Duchess" on it and she will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jeanne Cooper's family at this time of grief! Rest In Peace Jeanne!!

#87   2013/05/08 06:22PM
    Houston777

What a great lady, what a loss,

Good Night, Duchess!

#88   2013/05/08 06:37PM
    pink kiity

i was thinking of some moment on the soap that made me laugh one was when esther had put mrs c and brock on a diet and esther was giving them strange things to eat and when shes had left the room brock gone to the closet and pull out a pizza and brought it in the room and m C said thank god for some real food im starving to death esther is killing me with the stuff shes is giving me and they where sitting there eating pizza i though that was funny and then there was a cake fight at a wedding and both jill and katherine where cover in cake and i though that was funny to

#89   2013/05/08 06:56PM
    Cat12

Quote JRTA:

I so agree with both of your posts. I also really hope they do a fitting tribute for Jeanne. My prayers go out to her family. I just lost my mom 2 months ago and one of our favorite topics to talk about was Y&R. I have watch Y&R like many fans for over 30 years. I just can't imagine not seeing Katherine on my tv anymore. Jeanne was one class act and will be missed.

#90   2013/05/08 07:05PM
    ColorAzure

Farwell sweet Jeanne. You were an unbelievable actress. Your memory will live on forever and things will certainly not be the same without you...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/08 07:07PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list