List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.

Started by Candace at 2013/05/08 11:25AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/10 12:27PM, Views: 15992, Replies: 109
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 page:
    #101   2013/05/09 07:43AM
    Re: Y&R's Jeanne Cooper Passes Away at 84.
    sgtppr

no one will ever replace this wonderful lady or wear those brooches the way she did. She will be missed by those who never met her but allowed her into their homes everyday. I feel like my favorite aunt has passed away. Very sad day.

#102   2013/05/09 07:46AM
    dogg68

RIP sweet Jeanne love u and will miss u <3

#103   2013/05/09 08:15AM
    reng

Please post funeral arrangements if they are made public, especially if she asked that memorials be made to a certain place or cause.

#104   2013/05/09 09:07AM
    crjb1

It was very sad to hear. Jeanne is a legend. She is arguably the heart and soul of Y&R. With all the faces that have come and go over the years, she was our constant, our rock. She will be horribly missed, and our show will never be the same. God Bless

#105   2013/05/09 09:26AM
    Sasygrl31

I agree. I hope they do a tribute show for her.

#106   2013/05/09 09:49AM
    smwy

I don't think they will try to replace her on the show. Or if they do it won't go down well. Everyone has their time but I'm sure going to miss her, this is the biggest loss to a soap maybe ever. Just so sad because she shared so much with us for 40 years. And right up to the end she was still doing the strong, powerful, challenging story lines. She connected with so many of us, we all feel this grief. If soaps survive over the next 40 years... Jeanne leaves a great legacy to those following in her wake. A very special lady and survivor. As many of her cast mates have expressed, the end of an era. And I do hope that we see a fitting tribute episode.

#107   2013/05/09 10:40AM
    butterfly03

:( I am so deeply sorry to hear of Jeanne Cooper's passing. She was a lovely lady and will be truly missed. I watched her play in many westerns and the Young and the Restless from the beginning. Rest Sweet Duchess and thank you so much for bring Katherine Chancellor to life.
    Y&R writers please do not try to replace her she is unreplaceable.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/09 10:40AM
    #108   2013/05/10 07:41AM
    joyful1

To Jeanne Coppers family you are in my prayer's Jeanne will be truly missed all of us her fans loved her dearly.

#109   2013/05/10 12:12PM
    smwy

Noticed Doug Davidson in response to a fan about how it would be a mistake to recast Jeanne: "I don't think ANYONE of us could handle that." via Twitter

I've been following the cast tributes and one thing bothers me... Melody Thomas Scott is so silent (unless there's something I've missed)? She acknowledged the fans messages about Jeanne's passing, but didn't even mention her by name. I know that lately she has been having trouble posting messages on her site and it's early stages of grief still but I am so surprised (perplexed might be better word?)

I feel a bit bad for bringing this up, I'd like there to be an explanation for it but am disappointed in MTS. I understand that in the past she didn't speak to Jeanne for a few years (Jeanne was the sort to speak her mind, sometimes she jokingly teased people, and maybe MTS took too much offense at something), but I thought that had been sorted out.

Anyhow, glad to hear about the upcoming CBS tribute on May 28 and sounds like it will be very special.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/10 12:20PM
    #110   2013/05/10 12:27PM
    smwy

I would be first to apologize btw if any misunderstanding on my part. Take care all.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list