List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Ratings Report for the Week of March 11-15, 2013

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Ratings Report for the Week of March 11-15, 2013

Started by spooter at 2013/04/26 04:48AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/27 09:31AM, Views: 1683, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/04/26 06:22PM
    Re: Ratings Report for the Week of March 11-15, 2013
    Laloni

Well this is it. I don't think CBS/Sony will bother with Y&R anymore. When the contract is up for renewal, they can cancel it.

#22   2013/04/26 07:13PM
    Cuid1

I barely tune in because there are two many newbies hogging up the screen time. Too much Victor, Adam, Chelsea and all the Newmans. Might as well call it the Newmans, Avery and the Chelsea show. Sometimes I can barely watch the first five minutes. There is imbalance and inconsistency on the show. They ignore the actors and actresses who can bring it and shove the ones who need to take a break down our throats. Lauren, Carmine , Michael triangle is getting old. It's been dragging since January. There is also a lack of great romance that all soaps should have. Don't even get me started on Kevin and Chloe, they act like Dumb and Dumber.

#23   2013/04/26 07:29PM
    lilpiggy

Quote Leel:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: Ratings Report - Week of April 15-19, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,237,000 (-293,000/-67,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.1/10 (-.2/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 818,000 (-33,000/-82,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 215,000 (-14,000/+73,000)
    2. DAYS 211,000 (+34,000/+64,000)
    3. Y&R 210,000 (-27,000/+7,000)
    4. B&B 168,000 (-10,000/-2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/+.2)
    1. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/same)
    1. GH 0.6 (-.1/+.2)
    4. B&B 0.5 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.1/4,210,000
    Tuesday: 3.2/4,439,000
    Wednesday: 3.1/4,099,000
    Thursday: 3.1/4,164,000
    Friday:

Y&R's overall HH ratings are still taking a dive. Wonder what is causing it?

All soaps are down in the 18-49 demographics; but Y&R is really down in the 18-34 demographic when DOOL tops it.

Any and all comments are welcome.

It's the gagging sickening off putting s/l of Adam and Sharon, star crossed lovers forever that the new regime, like the old regime, is doggedly shoving down our throats. It's the sleaze that is the bed hopping and the latest insult, having Summer move in under Kyle's roof and we know what the writers have in mind for later. It's Lauren cheating on her husband and it's the stupid freiendship between Chelsea and Chloe and Chelsea taking immature Chloe's advice and now we have her trapping Dylan into fatherhood, lovely. The writers blind indifference to the fact viewers are mad at having our show not even resembling the old and great Y&R that are sinking the ratings.

You called it just right Leel..........Couldn't have said it better....

#24   2013/04/27 02:36AM
    spooter

The sooner these numbers crash the sooner they will get rid of that hack they have now.

#25   2013/04/27 04:00AM
    lynnw

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote chrisamelia:
    Quote deceived: It's all the newbies they are shoving down our throat... I do not care about Chelsea and her baby drama... or Avery's fake tears over Dylan... or Tyler chasing skirts...
    I do like the new Kyle and Gus...

EXACTLY ! I agree with every word of your post. I will add that IMO there are a couple more factors coming into play . The show is extremely boring and has been since the new regime has taken over,say what you will about MAB under her it was not this boring.Characters are not being written true to who they are.Sharon is the love of Adam's life are we now to believe Chelsea is and are we to believe Adam has turned into someone like Nick who waffles? I do not like Lane but I do not buy that Lily has turned into someone who would cheat on Cane. I personally am not happy that my favorite who is Phyllis is barely on screen but that goes with all the newbies being shoved down our throats.

Great Post! JFP has already insulted many Y&R viewers by telling us that we do not know what or who we like until she gives it to you. What a superior attitude for a showrunner who is supposed to be entertaining the masses! We have been overrun by the FOJ's to the point that nobody recognizes the show or enjoys it anymore. Y&R still has another year to turn it around. The current license w/ cbs does not end until 2014. I also hope there is another EP on the horizon within that time.

ITA with all of the above posts. I can't remember a time when so many newbies have been bought on in such a short period of time.
    On Friday's show, I watched the first 2 pictures, then just deleted the rest. It just doesn't hold my interest any more and has been that way for several weeks.
    I know lots were glad to see MAB leave but I can't see that what we have now is any better; maybe worse.
    I guess for the present I'll just continue reading updates and maybe trying to watch, when I can. If not, so be it.

#26   2013/04/27 04:09AM
    spooter

Quote lynnw:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote chrisamelia:
    Quote deceived: It's all the newbies they are shoving down our throat... I do not care about Chelsea and her baby drama... or Avery's fake tears over Dylan... or Tyler chasing skirts...

EXACTLY ! I agree with every word of your post. I will add that IMO there are a couple more factors coming into play . The show is extremely boring and has been since the new regime has taken over,say what you will about MAB under her it was not this boring.Characters are not being written true to who they are.Sharon is the love of Adam's life are we now to believe Chelsea is and are we to believe Adam has turned into someone like Nick who waffles? I do not like Lane but I do not buy that Lily has turned into someone who would cheat on Cane. I personally am not happy that my favorite who is Phyllis is barely on screen but that goes with all the newbies being shoved down our throats.

Great Post! JFP has already insulted many Y&R viewers by telling us that we do not know what or who we like until she gives it to you. What a superior attitude for a showrunner who is supposed to be entertaining the masses! We have been overrun by the FOJ's to the point that nobody recognizes the show or enjoys it anymore. Y&R still has another year to turn it around. The current license w/ cbs does not end until 2014. I also hope there is another EP on the horizon within that time.

ITA with all of the above posts. I can't remember a time when so many newbies have been bought on in such a short period of time.
    On Friday's show, I watched the first 2 pictures, then just deleted the rest. It just doesn't hold my interest any more and has been that way for several weeks.
    I know lots were glad to see MAB leave but I can't see that what we have now is any better; maybe worse.
    I guess for the present I'll just continue reading updates and maybe trying to watch, when I can. If not, so be it.
    I am with you lynn. There are very few stories I actually want to see.. I ff more than half the show right now.. I understand they needed a few more new cast members but now it is bloated and with all brand new characters with no ties to the folks in GC.. I am not interested in the newbies stories.. I could care less Gus had a heartattack.. who the hell is gus and who cares.. these writers make MAB look good and that is bad.. very very bad. At least MAB wrote about the characters we love and love to hate.. the indifference is going to kill this show.

#27   2013/04/27 08:07AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote lynnw:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote chrisamelia:

It's a complete bore. No one cares about the newbies, no matter how hard the writers try to prop them.

I knew the ratings would fall flat once the 40th anniversary promo's were done. Who cares?

#28   2013/04/27 08:48AM
    MsSuperSuds

Y&R just entered the period of May sweeps, so there will many attempts at titilating the audience. The younger audience has already tripped over to DOOL and GH, so how is Y&R going to get them back? Blondes, boobs, beefcake, sex, FOJ's and lots of younger newbies might attract & titilate short term but none of these things will hold an audience long term to spike the ratings permanently again. If the writing & acting talents of the cast are not solid enough to keep the viewers attention, Y&R can forget being around beyond 2014. Competition for the same soap viewers is getting stiffer.

I understand that MM boasted that he just signed a 2-year contract to 2015. I hope that this soap is still around to honor that contract in 2015. The way things are looking right now, Y&R's longevity looks bleak. These writing & production teams are just as bad if not worse than MAB's ever were.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/27 08:52AM
    #29   2013/04/27 09:05AM
    pgl35

Quote lynnw:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote chrisamelia:

Hi Lynn! Good to see you posting and ITA with your post. It's just not worth watching anymore. I found MAB's writing pretty bad at times , but the storylines were so out there at least I was entertained. Now I am just bored to tears. It's the newbies and the terrible writing that has ruined this show. To me , the worst of it all is the newbies taking over the show. I don't watch for them , I watch for the vets.

#30   2013/04/27 09:06AM
    pgl35

Quote lilpiggy:
    Quote Leel:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: Ratings Report - Week of April 15-19, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,237,000 (-293,000/-67,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.1/10 (-.2/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 818,000 (-33,000/-82,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 215,000 (-14,000/+73,000)
    2. DAYS 211,000 (+34,000/+64,000)
    3. Y&R 210,000 (-27,000/+7,000)
    4. B&B 168,000 (-10,000/-2,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/+.2)
    1. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/same)
    1. GH 0.6 (-.1/+.2)
    4. B&B 0.5 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.1/4,210,000
    Tuesday: 3.2/4,439,000
    Wednesday: 3.1/4,099,000
    Thursday: 3.1/4,164,000
    Friday:

Y&R's overall HH ratings are still taking a dive. Wonder what is causing it?

All soaps are down in the 18-49 demographics; but Y&R is really down in the 18-34 demographic when DOOL tops it.

Any and all comments are welcome.

It's the gagging sickening off putting s/l of Adam and Sharon, star crossed lovers forever that the new regime, like the old regime, is doggedly shoving down our throats. It's the sleaze that is the bed hopping and the latest insult, having Summer move in under Kyle's roof and we know what the writers have in mind for later. It's Lauren cheating on her husband and it's the stupid freiendship between Chelsea and Chloe and Chelsea taking immature Chloe's advice and now we have her trapping Dylan into fatherhood, lovely. The writers blind indifference to the fact viewers are mad at having our show not even resembling the old and great Y&R that are sinking the ratings.

You called it just right Leel..........Couldn't have said it better....

I agree , great post and so spot on.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list