List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What was your problem with MAB?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What was your problem with MAB?

Started by TreeBuild at 2013/04/23 08:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:11AM, Views: 1588, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/04/24 06:25AM
    Re: What was your problem with MAB?
    Krystalball

It so funny how everyone thought MAB was the greatest thing since sliced spread. She is a Bell, she will do this, she will do that. It didn't happen.

#32   2013/04/24 08:07AM
    YnRForever

At least all of MAB's storylines were jaw dropping, suspenseful, left you wanting to watch more, it was like a very good movie not some silly/annoying cheesy soap about all these love triangles.

What suspenseful, make you wanna come back and watch everyday storylines have the new writers given us? None! I could careless if I watch, I have actually stopped watching recently for the first time in Years. My day would revolved around watching y&r or catching up if I had to miss a show, now I am purposely not eating because it is so boring.

#33   2013/04/24 08:47AM
    lovealldogs

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote TreeBuild: From the posts I just read, it seems that the only problems revolved around Sharon and Adam. Was that really such a big deal?

Ok, we had to watch a lot of Phyllis with MAB.
    Now, we have to watch a lot of Avery with JFP.
    See, no real change there.

I think it really was a big deal. Having Adam burn a fetus, cause someone to lose her baby, kidnap another baby, then have the woman whose baby he kidnapped sleep with him, even after finding out what he had done is a big deal to me. Imho, she made Adam unredeemable to some of us by all the satanic things she had him do, and destroyed Sharon by having her take him back after she learned what he had done, even abandoning her child and chosing Adam over Faith. Furthermore, she had Sharon depend on Adam, and even take him back after he pulled that stunt in the prison. All those things are big deals to me.

AGREE!!!

#34   2013/04/24 08:49AM
    lovealldogs

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote elizadolittle:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote TreeBuild: MAB explored the show's history.
    Nina's son was finally found.
    The truth behind the hit-and-run was revealed.
    And many more.

RC made GH a huge success by exploring the history.
    JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

Perfect Points!! AGREE!!!!!!!!!

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

The only good thing that happened since JFP is putting Tracey on contract.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

My problems with MAB (thse may have already been posted but haven't read through the thread):
    1. Adam gas lighting Ashley
    2. Adam burning the fetus in the fireplace
    3. Adam causing Ashley to lose his brother or sister
    4. Adam kidnapping Faith and letting Shick think she was dead
    5. We never found out who killed Hightower
    6. Sharon taking Adam back, even after she knew that Adam had kidnapped Faith
    7. Sharon sleeping with Adam after she found out he had kidnapped Faith
    8. Shictor
    9. Shadam post the truth coming out
    10. Shadam pre truth coming out.

All of this not to mention there was no balance. I love Phyllis, Sharon, and Victor but, I don't want to see them every damn day.

-Winters Wednesdays
    -Likey was hardly on
    -Michael was reduced to Victor's lacky
    -When old stories were revisited they were botched see the Ronan debacle we were cheated out of an actual story of Nina and Ronan. See the hit and run debacle

-The stupid mob story
    -Bad dialogue
    -People acting out of character
    -Dianne's murder
    -The mistreatment of soap stars from other shows see the miscasting of Dianne and the disrespect Maura West was shown, Genie Francis, Tristan Rogers, Debbie Morgan ect.

Great points!

#35   2013/04/24 08:54AM
    lovealldogs

Quote Kelby: Many things were wrong with her. She had some good story ideas, but could never deliver worth a s..t! Nina's stolen baby found could have been good, if some competent writers had been behind it. Perhaps Bill Bell. Unless you were watching this show in the 70s through the 90s, I do not believe you have really seen good Y&R. It has been a s..t show for years now.

You hit the nail on the head!!! AGREE!

#36   2013/04/24 09:35AM
    soapfan42

And many more.

JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

For one destroying the Sharon Newman character by having her knowingly get involved with Adam who kidnapped her very own daughter and then trying to normalize that mess!

And Phyllis, Sharon, Victor, Adam, and Nick got nearly all of the airtime. The other legacy characters like Paul and Neil got virtually no airtime at all.

There is not a single thing I miss about the previous writing team at all!

#37   2013/04/24 09:36AM
    soapfan42

Quote trinilisa:
    And many more.

My problems with MAB (thse may have already been posted but haven't read through the thread):
    1. Adam gas lighting Ashley
    2. Adam burning the fetus in the fireplace
    3. Adam causing Ashley to lose his brother or sister
    4. Adam kidnapping Faith and letting Shick think she was dead
    5. We never found out who killed Hightower
    6. Sharon taking Adam back, even after she knew that Adam had kidnapped Faith
    7. Sharon sleeping with Adam after she found out he had kidnapped Faith
    8. Shictor
    9. Shadam post the truth coming out
    10. Shadam pre truth coming out.

Excellent list!

#38   2013/04/24 10:11AM
    YnRForever

Quote YnRForever: At least all of MAB's storylines were jaw dropping, suspenseful, left you wanting to watch more, it was like a very good movie not some silly/annoying cheesy soap about all these love triangles.

What suspenseful, make you wanna come back and watch everyday storylines have the new writers given us? None! I could careless if I watch, I have actually stopped watching recently for the first time in Years. My day would revolved around watching y&r or catching up if I had to miss a show, now I am purposely not eating because it is so boring.

If the new writer fans hated the old storylines so bad, why cant anyone answer my simple original question?

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list