List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What was your problem with MAB?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What was your problem with MAB?

Started by TreeBuild at 2013/04/23 08:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:11AM, Views: 1610, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/04/23 11:25AM
    Re: What was your problem with MAB?
    Jackie10

I didnt have a problem with her until she got a wild hair and all of the sudden thought Sicktor was what fans wanted to see. So she set out to totally destroy the Sharon and Adam characters to make it happen. Sticking Sharon in a disgusting Victor relationship and tying Adam down with a boring con and back burning him for 8 months. Now Adam is coming back and front and center again. Sharon is getting her life back after MABs Sictor crap. And hopefully Sharon and Adam will find their way back to each other.

#12   2013/04/23 11:26AM
    Milkshake24

Quote TreeBuild: MAB explored the show's history.
    Nina's son was finally found.
    The truth behind the hit-and-run was revealed.
    And many more.

RC made GH a huge success by exploring the history.
    JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

The only good thing that happened since JFP is putting Tracey on contract.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

I really had no issues with MAB only thing I would of changed was when Diane's Murder mystery occurred and Victor married Sharon the first time I would of had him disappear at that time followed with Sharon taking over Newman story rather than the 2 try a relationship cause I really liked Sharon taking over Newman the way she did

#13   2013/04/23 11:58AM
    Krystalball

And many more.

JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

The main job of any HW is to bring in the ratings and MAB didn't do that.

#14   2013/04/23 12:20PM
    elizadolittle

Quote trinilisa:
    And many more.

My problems with MAB (thse may have already been posted but haven't read through the thread):
    1. Adam gas lighting Ashley
    2. Adam burning the fetus in the fireplace
    3. Adam causing Ashley to lose his brother or sister
    4. Adam kidnapping Faith and letting Shick think she was dead
    5. We never found out who killed Hightower
    6. Sharon taking Adam back, even after she knew that Adam had kidnapped Faith
    7. Sharon sleeping with Adam after she found out he had kidnapped Faith
    8. Shictor
    9. Shadam post the truth coming out
    10. Shadam pre truth coming out.

All of this not to mention there was no balance. I love Phyllis, Sharon, and Victor but, I don't want to see them every damn day.

-Winters Wednesdays
    -Likey was hardly on
    -Michael was reduced to Victor's lacky
    -When old stories were revisited they were botched see the Ronan debacle we were cheated out of an actual story of Nina and Ronan. See the hit and run debacle

-The stupid mob story
    -Bad dialogue
    -People acting out of character
    -Dianne's murder
    -The mistreatment of soap stars from other shows see the miscasting of Dianne and the disrespect Maura West was shown, Genie Francis, Tristan Rogers, Debbie Morgan ect.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/23 12:22PM
    #15   2013/04/23 12:23PM
    trinilisa

Quote elizadolittle:
    Quote trinilisa:
    And many more.

My problems with MAB (thse may have already been posted but haven't read through the thread):
    8. Shictor

All of this not to mention there was no balance. I love Phyllis, Sharon, and Victor but, I don't want to see them every damn day.

-Winters Wednesdays
    -Likey was hardly on
    -When old stories were revisited they were botched see the Ronan debacle we were cheated out of an actual story of Nina and Ronan. See the hit and run debacle

-The stupid mob story
    -Bad dialogue
    -Dianne's murder
    -The mistreatment of soap stars from other shows see the miscasting of Dianne and the disrespect Maura West was shown, Genie Francis, Tristan Rogers, Debbie Morgan ect.

Great points!

#16   2013/04/23 12:25PM
    weatherholt3

I did forget about Shictor I just don't want to remember,
    MAB problems with me is
    Adam and Sharon hookup both times
    Shictor( I hated the way they destroyed Sharon and Victor father/daugther relationship
    The hookup of Nick and Avery
    I hated they had Phyllis in every story line.

the right thing she did was break up Nick and Phyllis

#17   2013/04/23 01:00PM
    quimby

Quote elizadolittle:
    Quote trinilisa:
    And many more.

8. Shictor

-Winters Wednesdays
    -Likey was hardly on

-The stupid mob story
    -Bad dialogue
    -Dianne's murder

Not to mention
    Ricky the murder
    The doppelgängers of Lauren and Emily
    The whole Daisy and Ryder storyline
    Killing of John, Colleen and Brad
    I probably missed a few

Her storylines were so far fetched and unrealistic. Some storylines seem to go on forever and some just dropped. I'm not saying these new writers are greatest, but at least their not all about shock and awe. I could do without all the newbies and character changes. The cast is too big and that's why I feel some are not getting any airtime or even a good storyline.

#18   2013/04/23 01:12PM
    spooner

And many more.

I disagree with the bold. It was like MAB never watched the show in the past. CHaracters were rewritten constantly and their past history was never taken into consideration.

#19   2013/04/23 01:38PM
    Its not real

Quote spooner:
    And many more.

I disagree with the bold. It was like MAB never watched the show in the past. CHaracters were rewritten constantly and their past history was never taken into consideration.

I agree with this. She didn't respect who the characters were and had them act completely out of character.

She didn't respect the shows history. She completely changed Phyllis backstory for no good reason.

She seemed to espouse that shock and awe model for the writing except to her shock and awe simply meant, how can get even more disgusting this time around.

She wrote ridiculous scenarios, Daisy getting out of the slammer one day and getting custody the next, for instance.

Her Diane murder mystery was a giant mess, with countless red herrings and all sorts of dangling ends that have still not been resolved.

Her portrayal of Victor's time in prison conducting business as if in his office in GC.

the way Phyllis was allowed to run amuck with her over the top flapping screeching acting. And the painfully laughable miscarriage scene of her screaming on the floor with the phone a foot away from her.

Yes, I admit the new writers are sucking pretty bad too, but it doesn't mean that I'd want MAB back.

It's kind of like trying to decide if you'd rather take arsenic or cyanid...neither one is particularly appealing.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/23 01:40PM
    #20   2013/04/23 01:43PM
    LucyT

shictor!!!!!!!!!!!!I HATED THEM !OH and I hate Chelsea but I am not sure MAB is to blame for that mess

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list