List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What was your problem with MAB?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What was your problem with MAB?

Started by TreeBuild at 2013/04/23 08:36AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:11AM, Views: 1578, Replies: 37
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/04/23 08:36AM
    What was your problem with MAB?
    TreeBuild

MAB explored the show's history.
    Nina's son was finally found.
    The truth behind the hit-and-run was revealed.
    And many more.

RC made GH a huge success by exploring the history.
    JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

The only good thing that happened since JFP is putting Tracey on contract.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/23 08:43AM
    #2   2013/04/23 08:57AM
    Re: What was your problem with MAB?
    Benay

Quote TreeBuild: MAB explored the show's history.
    And many more.

JFP is going to kill the show if she continues to add new characters and forget the past.

MAB made us want to watch the show every day. So much happened in each episode. Now you can miss a few episodes without missing something important on the story lines.

(I admit that she added a lot of crazy things to the show but she added these crazy things to the show's history and that is the key.)

ITA. I was HUGE MAB basher. Now I would kill to have her team back! I don't recognize the show that's own now. I am indifferent to the newbies and their plight. Putting TB on contract then assassinating her character I don't personally find a good thing. IMO this regimen was brought on to kill the show. If so, they are doing one thing right.

#3   2013/04/23 09:03AM
    TreeBuild

It's like JFP didn't bother looking at the history.
    That's why she focuses on characters that MAB didn't have time to explore their backgrounds like Avery, Leslie and Chelsea.

#4   2013/04/23 09:34AM
    weatherholt3

MAB destoyed Sharon and having Phyllis on everyday

#5   2013/04/23 09:45AM
    ski lady

1. Shadam

2. Destruction of Sharon.

3. Not giving couples a chance to gel. Almost every couple she brought together, she would throw them angst or worse, way too soon. I learned never to get invested in her couples because she wouldn't let them remain happy for five minutes. The exception is Villy.

#6   2013/04/23 09:56AM
    trinilisa

Quote TreeBuild: MAB explored the show's history.
    And many more.

My problems with MAB (thse may have already been posted but haven't read through the thread):
    1. Adam gas lighting Ashley
    2. Adam burning the fetus in the fireplace
    3. Adam causing Ashley to lose his brother or sister
    4. Adam kidnapping Faith and letting Shick think she was dead
    5. We never found out who killed Hightower
    6. Sharon taking Adam back, even after she knew that Adam had kidnapped Faith
    7. Sharon sleeping with Adam after she found out he had kidnapped Faith
    8. Shictor
    9. Shadam post the truth coming out
    10. Shadam pre truth coming out.

#7   2013/04/23 10:06AM
    coco28

MAB was a mess. Cane and the mafia storyline, shadam, assasination of Phick in the worst way possible, bringing in Avery with no background. no happy couples ever. Even Villy was constantly breaking up and making up. As she was leaving, she gave sharon the biggest free pass. I hated everything that group of writers did. with that I have to say there is little I like about these writers, there is a WTD storyline, who does she love storylines, a cheating storyline. Absolutely everyone on the show is either confused or confusing.

I literally watch the show right now to see if Chadam gets back together and what does Victor really want from Adam.

#8   2013/04/23 10:09AM
    TreeBuild

From the posts I just read, it seems that the only problems revolved around Sharon and Adam. Was that really such a big deal?

Ok, we had to watch a lot of Phyllis with MAB.
    Now, we have to watch a lot of Avery with JFP.
    See, no real change there.

#9   2013/04/23 10:39AM
    trinilisa

Quote TreeBuild: From the posts I just read, it seems that the only problems revolved around Sharon and Adam. Was that really such a big deal?

Ok, we had to watch a lot of Phyllis with MAB.
    Now, we have to watch a lot of Avery with JFP.
    See, no real change there.

I think it really was a big deal. Having Adam burn a fetus, cause someone to lose her baby, kidnap another baby, then have the woman whose baby he kidnapped sleep with him, even after finding out what he had done is a big deal to me. Imho, she made Adam unredeemable to some of us by all the satanic things she had him do, and destroyed Sharon by having her take him back after she learned what he had done, even abandoning her child and chosing Adam over Faith. Furthermore, she had Sharon depend on Adam, and even take him back after he pulled that stunt in the prison. All those things are big deals to me.

#10   2013/04/23 11:18AM
    Lee4748

I also miss MAB. She wrote much more intriguing stories - not all romantical stuff. I am bored and have been since this new regime took over. I have never seen so many dissatisfied threads and comments.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/23 11:19AM
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list