List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Writers Idiots

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Writers Idiots

Started by sassyfrase at 2013/04/22 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:45AM, Views: 1486, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/04/22 07:45PM
    Re: Writers Idiots
    Its not real

Quote Lizzytish: I think one of the biggest problems is that these soap writers haven't mastered the art of transient characters. You can't keep writing for the same 10 people for 40 years and not run out of original ideas.

The key is to add temporary characters, from time to time, to interact with the existing characters to create new plots and SLs that have a conclusion. Some of the soaps use ARCS that have a beginning, middle and end all within a 13-week time frame. And when it's over, the temp characters exit and the show moves on. IMHO that's the only way to keep things fresh and exiciting.

All these people do -- regardless of who the EP and HW are -- is repeat the same old plots with the same old characters.

Yes, I totally agree with this! You need new faces to keep it interesting and fresh but you can bring them in for a temporary story and have them interact with the old favourites and then move on.

I hate the fact that it seems that every new stranger who shows up in GC has to have some tie or relationship to someone already there.
    Why did they make Chelsea be Jeff's daughter? Makes no sense and seriously looking at statistics how likely is it that some con in Myanmar would happen to be Jeff's daughter?

Why did Dylan have to be Phyllis old childhood neighbour? Wasn't it enough that he was Avery's old lover? Why do we need all these stupid background connections ?

The same with Gene when she was on turning out to be Tucker's old first love. Really? Not needed and ridiculously unlikely.

#22   2013/04/22 07:52PM
    Lizzytish

Totally agree. Just like the stupid SL that brought Alex to the show -- then his sister had to show up. Glad she's gone -- the character was lame.

I think the SL with Congressman wheeler was exactly what I was referring to by temporary characters. His SL is over and he's gone.

#23   2013/04/22 07:56PM
    redfan

I like Alex New Abby is boring please don't put Alex with chloe find a women on the show he have chemistry with ? Who could that be.

#24   2013/04/24 10:45AM
    coolkraft

Quote redfan: I miss Jack with Emily Paul Christine Phyllis is boring with Jack Avery and Nick so boring Adam loves Sharon not chelsa hate Tyler Leslie' Dylan is wooden Carmine the most boring character ever Lauren and Michael in worst s/l ever where's Mrs c Murphy Jill they ruining Victoria and billys s/l I hate watching show anymore):

you said it correctly, but I must add Chloe and Kevin are both a disgusting waste of time and I do not like the new Abby either.....so I read the boards and watch DOOL

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list