List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Writers Idiots

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Writers Idiots

Started by sassyfrase at 2013/04/22 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:45AM, Views: 1420, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/04/22 06:36PM
    Re: Writers Idiots
    Gemini50

MCE/Chelsea is hugely talented and if she was being written as such would be a leading lady in a second. However, sometimes old timers have net credited service and need to be pampered, Sharon. Sharon does not hold a candle to the talented Melissa Clair Egan and never will, so give it up.
    Too bad MCE is being used to make SHADAM more popular and likeable but it will never work, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. SHADAM needs to emplode and now is not soon enough.

#12   2013/04/22 06:53PM
    Georgia rain

Quote Gemini50: MCE/Chelsea is hugely talented and if she was being written as such would be a leading lady in a second. However, sometimes old timers have net credited service and need to be pampered, Sharon. Sharon does not hold a candle to the talented Melissa Clair Egan and never will, so give it up.
    Too bad MCE is being used to make SHADAM more popular and likeable but it will never work, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. SHADAM needs to emplode and now is not soon enough.

Good post! I FF anything Shadam or Cholvin.. I can't FF fast enough when those come on..

#13   2013/04/22 06:57PM
    Its not real

Quote Gemini50: MCE/Chelsea is hugely talented and if she was being written as such would be a leading lady in a second. However, sometimes old timers have net credited service and need to be pampered, Sharon. Sharon does not hold a candle to the talented Melissa Clair Egan and never will, so give it up.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I sure don't share yours of MCE based on what I have seen here. To me the giggly, breathless, no passion making portrayal of Chelsea is sub par compared to many other actors portrayal of their characters. Maybe MCE was great on some other show but here her character mostly makes me cringe or FF.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/22 06:59PM
    #14   2013/04/22 07:06PM
    Chalen

Sorry could not disagree with you more. The character of Chelsea is the one that is boring and not interesting at all. Sharon on the other hand and Shadam have a ton of chemistry that just sizzle on screen.

#15   2013/04/22 07:15PM
    Gemini50

Quote Chalen:

Sorry could not disagree with you more. The character of Chelsea is the one that is boring and not interesting at all. Sharon on the other hand and Shadam have a ton of chemistry that just sizzle on screen.

Sorry back to you. I agree with, the character of Sharon is the one that is boring and not interestingat all and never has been Chelsea on the other hand and CHADAM have a ton of cheistry that just sizzle on screen. MCE has done broadway and been acting since her early years....that clearly is event in every excellent performance she gives in every scene with any one and she out acts them all, save Adam, although I have seen her out act him as well. Ms. Sharon cannot even come close to Ms Chelsea in any way.

JMO

#16   2013/04/22 07:21PM
    ynnej2198

Quote starlight19:
    Quote kellyannabama: I know its gone downhill after the old writers left, where the mystery, the physcopaths, drama and excitement. They got rid of good core people to give time too and replace them with avery, chole and chelssa who are boring. Its just so slow, and it makes me sad because I use to love this show.

I agree. I love me some murder mystery, suspense, drama, romance, heck I'd throw in even serial killer, at least it would be exciting to watch. This is just yawnworthy. Nothing is happening eveyone is on a standstill tip toeing around each other. Then we have all these newbies being propped to much airtime, while the vets are being pushed aside.

They said it could take up to 18 months to get rid of MAB's mess (in nicer words than that, of course). This is a transition period. I'm willing to let some stuff slide. However, the pace needs to be picked up and the dropped scenes need to STOP!

#17   2013/04/22 07:28PM
    redfan

I miss Jack with Emily Paul Christine Phyllis is boring with Jack Avery and Nick so boring Adam loves Sharon not chelsa hate Tyler Leslie' Dylan is wooden Carmine the most boring character ever Lauren and Michael in worst s/l ever where's Mrs c Murphy Jill they ruining Victoria and billys s/l I hate watching show anymore):

#18   2013/04/22 07:31PM
    Lizzytish

I think one of the biggest problems is that these soap writers haven't mastered the art of transient characters. You can't keep writing for the same 10 people for 40 years and not run out of original ideas.

The key is to add temporary characters, from time to time, to interact with the existing characters to create new plots and SLs that have a conclusion. Some of the soaps use ARCS that have a beginning, middle and end all within a 13-week time frame. And when it's over, the temp characters exit and the show moves on. IMHO that's the only way to keep things fresh and exiciting.

All these people do -- regardless of who the EP and HW are -- is repeat the same old plots with the same old characters.

#19   2013/04/22 07:37PM
    redfan

I like Phyllis ms is great actress if she does have cancer scare she's already is going Adams redemption way helping Jack detox off pain pills being toned down please don't do jacks the father of summer or have her sleep with Kyle or go whacked out s/l with bug after her let her battle cancer and being more depth of a character and mother and friend that be refreshing!

#20   2013/04/22 07:38PM
    Its not real

Quote Gemini50:
    Quote Chalen:

Sorry back to you. I agree with, the character of Sharon is the one that is boring and not interestingat all and never has been Chelsea on the other hand and CHADAM have a ton of cheistry that just sizzle on screen. MCE has done broadway and been acting since her early years....that clearly is event in every excellent performance she gives in every scene with any one and she out acts them all, save Adam, although I have seen her out act him as well. Ms. Sharon cannot even come close to Ms Chelsea in any way.

JMO

I agree JYO mine differs strongly.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list