List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Writers Idiots

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Writers Idiots

Started by sassyfrase at 2013/04/22 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2013/04/24 10:45AM, Views: 1519, Replies: 23
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/04/22 11:58AM
    Writers Idiots
    sassyfrase

this is one messed up show

#2   2013/04/22 12:32PM
    Re: Writers Idiots
    Ebybrowempoly

give them a chance and time.

#3   2013/04/22 12:58PM
    kellyannabama

I know its gone downhill after the old writers left, where the mystery, the physcopaths, drama and excitement. They got rid of good core people to give time too and replace them with avery, chole and chelssa who are boring. Its just so slow, and it makes me sad because I use to love this show.

#4   2013/04/22 01:09PM
    starlight19

Quote kellyannabama: I know its gone downhill after the old writers left, where the mystery, the physcopaths, drama and excitement. They got rid of good core people to give time too and replace them with avery, chole and chelssa who are boring. Its just so slow, and it makes me sad because I use to love this show.

I agree. I love me some murder mystery, suspense, drama, romance, heck I'd throw in even serial killer, at least it would be exciting to watch. This is just yawnworthy. Nothing is happening eveyone is on a standstill tip toeing around each other. Then we have all these newbies being propped to much airtime, while the vets are being pushed aside.

#5   2013/04/22 01:31PM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Quote starlight19:
    Quote kellyannabama: I know its gone downhill after the old writers left, where the mystery, the physcopaths, drama and excitement. They got rid of good core people to give time too and replace them with avery, chole and chelssa who are boring. Its just so slow, and it makes me sad because I use to love this show.

I agree. I love me some murder mystery, suspense, drama, romance, heck I'd throw in even serial killer, at least it would be exciting to watch. This is just yawnworthy. Nothing is happening eveyone is on a standstill tip toeing around each other. Then we have all these newbies being propped to much airtime, while the vets are being pushed aside.

I know! Just until earlier this year I had to watch evey day. Now I can't get thru an entire episode w/o ff'ing thru part of it. So boring now and so many characters I care nothing about.

#6   2013/04/22 01:42PM
    budhardt3

The writers seem to be stuck in a storyline warp....the same crap over and over and over and over and over again.

Old stupid storylines like "Who's the Daddy", "Can I get any older and still be able to hump young men?"......"I may not be blonde but I can be just a ditzy as Sharon" and the most overused storyline of all "My name is Sharon....who can I boink today??"

PLEASE writers, give us something NEW but with the long term cast....Nikki, Victor, Jack, Jill, etc........

#7   2013/04/22 04:53PM
    Barbyboo

Quote budhardt3: The writers seem to be stuck in a storyline warp....the same crap over and over and over and over and over again.

Old stupid storylines like "Who's the Daddy", "Can I get any older and still be able to hump young men?"......"I may not be blonde but I can be just a ditzy as Sharon" and the most overused storyline of all "My name is Sharon....who can I boink today??"

PLEASE writers, give us something NEW but with the long term cast....Nikki, Victor, Jack, Jill, etc........
    no Nikki she's a boar

#8   2013/04/22 04:56PM
    Barbyboo

The show is just sex Lily on the desk. ,Avery on the couch. Summer trying to get. Sex. Dylan and Chelsea one night stand. Neil with the young gal lesly. ,all sex no. Soul.

#9   2013/04/22 05:06PM
    JUJU41

My pet peave is the Chelsea/Dillon story line. Is anyone on this planet as dense as Chelsea. I know she is desperate, but if she thinks she can get away with that scam I have a bridge to sell her...Oh, I mean the writers. I can't watch anymore for a while, I have a horse to ride. Thank goodness!

#10   2013/04/22 05:10PM
    Kelby

Yes they are. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but I just can not understand how people can love this show anymore. It has lost so much creativity. If you take this show in 2013 and compare it to say twenty years ago, 1993, it does not hold a candle to it. The quality has diminished that much. I will give the writers credit for bringing on some new faces because I think the show needs a some fresh new faces and or blood, but they should have introduced them a little slower. Audiences rarely ever take to new characters quickly. I am glad they have updated the opening credits. Ha! But, I would rather have characters and stories with substance. I am so glad that at least the show does not have aliens or some nonsense like that. The problem is although the show is exploring realistic issues and problems, many of the characters are still being taken the wrong way. Can anyone say Sharon! There are a lot of people that need to be written off. They do not have a place and they do not deserve a place. Take what is good about the show and build on that. Kevin is an example of a guy that needs to go. This is a show, like most of the soaps, that has been failing for years. We have given them a chance over and over. So new writers need to immediately jump in and fix. There should have been a lot of pre homework before they started writing for any of these characters so that they could go back in time and fix what the heck went wrong back in the day. I am still not really watching the show much, because it is not that good. I am hanging on, reading recaps and looking at the DVR a little bit here and there. Come on Y&R! Bring me back full time!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list