List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's

Started by Sylark at 2013/03/28 11:22PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/31 08:09AM, Views: 1594, Replies: 26
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/03/28 11:22PM
    Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's
    Sylark

What a lowlife dirt bag!

My granny had Alzheimer's. I hate to think of people taking advantage of her.

Chloe is a greedy little vulture. YUCK!!

I hope Cane catches this thief & pimp-slaps her.

#2   2013/03/29 12:16AM
    Re: Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's
    Kerfuffles

Oh, c'mon and be real.

First of all, Chloe has no clue that Kay has Alzheimer's. In fact, Kay hasn't even been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Second, she's not "stealing" from Kay in that Chloe is taking what Kay is already giving away to charity. Chloe isn't stealing anything Kay needs. Chloe isn't stealing grandma's canned corn & bus fare in the middle of the night.

Finally, the stealing from Kay thing isn't unprecedented. Billy did it back when he was gambling (and Billy did't just steal from Kay'a garage sale; he stole from her house). Then he bought a baby. Yet he's almost a GC Saint. This is hardly an irredeemable act on Chloe's part.

That said...even though Chloe isn't depriving Kay of anything Kay wants or needs for herself, it's still a bad thing for Chloe to do and I think it's out of character for Chloe to do. Not that Chloe isn't capable of doing bad things to people--she totally is--but she really loves & respects Katherine. They've had a close bond.

So it's ridiculous to characterize Chloe's behavior as stealing needful possesions from senile people at the old folk's home, I still think it's OOC writing for Chloe to steal from Katherine.

As for Cane taking some moral highground here...um, he lied about being a Chancellor for a couple of years & fooled Kay into believing he was her grandson. That's by far worse than Chloe stealing from Kay's garage sale.

But hell, Billy & Adam bought/stole babies, Sharon stole everywhere and burnt down a house and married her father-in-law, etc...
    Chloe's actions are crappy but aren't the worst relative to her contemporaries.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/29 12:20AM
    #3   2013/03/29 02:14AM
    Tanje

I totally agree with Kerfuffles. I'm not pleased with Chloe taking the box of donations when all she had to do is ask Kay for help BUT she knows nothing about Kay's memory loss so lets not make this into something it is not.

I also agree that while what Chloe did is wrong, its hardly some irredeemable act. Let me know when she drives a man to his death, causes a miscarriage, locks someone in a freezer to die, etc.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/29 02:20AM
    #4   2013/03/29 03:26AM
    spooter

Pretty hard to defend Chloe on this one...what a low life thing to do..not liking what these writers have done to Chloe.

#5   2013/03/29 04:21AM
    lovinthesoaps

I dont see this particular incident as a big deal but I am not loving the writing for Chloe in general these last few months. I dont like her and Kevin's "poor" issues. He has a successful coffee house and she has design skills. They need to stop trying to be rich and try being happy.

#6   2013/03/29 04:40AM
    Blue 501

Chloe may be able to rationalize that she is not stealing from Katherine b/c K had already decided to give these things to charity (or was Esther making the picks? If that was a Faberge jeweled egg, it could be worth millions) but she is stealing from a charity that helps needy families. That is pretty bad too. I am sure the charity could use that money. Kevin & Chloe got in their current situation by being greedy, IMHO. Angelina GAVE the house to Kevin but he borrowed money from loan sharks to invest in Tag & Grab, then lost everything.

#7   2013/03/29 05:32AM
    Supercouplev...

Quote Kerfuffles: Oh, c'mon and be real.

First of all, Chloe has no clue that Kay has Alzheimer's. In fact, Kay hasn't even been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Second, she's not "stealing" from Kay in that Chloe is taking what Kay is already giving away to charity. Chloe isn't stealing anything Kay needs. Chloe isn't stealing grandma's canned corn & bus fare in the middle of the night.

Finally, the stealing from Kay thing isn't unprecedented. Billy did it back when he was gambling (and Billy did't just steal from Kay'a garage sale; he stole from her house). Then he bought a baby. Yet he's almost a GC Saint. This is hardly an irredeemable act on Chloe's part.

That said...even though Chloe isn't depriving Kay of anything Kay wants or needs for herself, it's still a bad thing for Chloe to do and I think it's out of character for Chloe to do. Not that Chloe isn't capable of doing bad things to people--she totally is--but she really loves & respects Katherine. They've had a close bond.

So it's ridiculous to characterize Chloe's behavior as stealing needful possesions from senile people at the old folk's home, I still think it's OOC writing for Chloe to steal from Katherine.

As for Cane taking some moral highground here...um, he lied about being a Chancellor for a couple of years & fooled Kay into believing he was her grandson. That's by far worse than Chloe stealing from Kay's garage sale.

But hell, Billy & Adam bought/stole babies, Sharon stole everywhere and burnt down a house and married her father-in-law, etc...

Why are you bashing Billy, this isn't about him. I agree she isn't stealing from Kay, she is stealing from the needy, why did she take the whole box

#8   2013/03/29 06:43AM
    simscb

FYI: Katherine Chancellor does NOT have dementia or Alzheimer's.

In an interview she gave, Jeanne said if TPTB wanted her to portray that illness in her character, she would QUIT the show.

#9   2013/03/29 06:58AM
    kenerly1

Quote Supercouplevilly:

Why are you bashing Billy, this isn't about him. I agree she isn't stealing from Kay, she is stealing from the needy, why did she take the whole box

I agree and when a thread is about one character I do not know why one has to bring up the bad deeds of others..we already know these things..stick to the subject of the thread please.

#10   2013/03/29 07:17AM
    Ebybrowempoly

was it given to chole . did mrs c say here chole thsi is yours . did her mother give it to her no . they were to be gievn to charity and not choles and kevin charity. no way you can turn this into something other than she stole . she had no issue breaking into nicks home and taking tha money that didn't belong to her . yes her actions are crappy and yes other had done bad things but what really makes me mad is she isn't thinking about her child if she gets caught. she is thinking of only of her and kevin. i hope she gets caught . i hope thta egg wasn't to gievn away and where she pawns it they call the cops on her and she goes to jail

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list