List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: March 11 -25, 2013 Ratings Down for YR40!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

March 11 -25, 2013 Ratings Down for YR40!

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/03/22 11:16AM
    Latest post: 2013/03/24 10:06AM, Views: 1469, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/03/22 11:16AM
    March 11 -25, 2013 Ratings Down for YR40!
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report - Week of March 11-15, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,366,000 (-183,000/+29,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.2/10 (-.2/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 838,000 (+13,000/-78,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 235,000 (+19,000/+79,000)
    2. Y&R 189,000 (+1,000/-28,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.7 (+.1/+.2)
    2. Y&R 0.6 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R

Monday: 3.4/4,794,000
    Tuesday: 3.0/4,001,000 (24 min eipsode)
    Wednesday: 2.9/4,136,000
    Thursday: 3.3/4,423,000
    Friday: 3.2/4,259,000

NOTE: There were Papal election interruptions/pre-emptions on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I expected that the ratings would be down. Anytime interviews mysteriously pop up in blogs, mags or soap rags from EP & HW explaining what they are doing right, falling ratings has to be the reason. In spite of all the promotions, interviews, intros, guest spots to shine a light on Y&R's 40th year celebration, Y&R has to get the daily episodes on the right track in order to attract & keep an audience. The show runners must get to know and to get in touch w/ their audience in order to make this show successful again. Viewers will not be insulted, disrespected, and/or ignored or they walk away. The writing is still soft & needs losts of work.

I am not interested in the newbies; I want familiarity. Hopefully featuring newbies on the frontburner in order to attract a younger demographic does not turn off the longtime loyal viewers. The show cannot grow w/o its base. Hunks titilate females for a few seconds until the next batch comes along. Viewers can be fickle. Contrived pairings don't work. Good couples don't grow on tress; they develop, evolve & mature. a younger cast does not necessarily attract a younger viewing audience. Young folks watch the same things older adults watch. GH is wrangling for the #1 spot w/ the younger demographic and is not giving up.

Your thoughts, opinions, and comments are welcome.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/22 11:18AM
    #2   2013/03/22 11:29AM
    Re: March 11 -25, 2013 Ratings Down for YR40!
    Lanealways

Thanx 4 posting suds

Wish I could say Im shocked but I'm not.

Im sorry to see we have another regime that dismiss the audience and insults them as being too stupid to know what they want. Surely they can understand why people would not take that well.

Its too bad because I can personally see an easy way to fix this mess but what do I know being part of that "stupid" audience just waiting for JFP and JG to fill my brain with crap. LMAO

THey can not force people to like whatever drivel they come up with just because they say so. Clearly we have yet another EP and her band of writers who do not understand what daytime is all about, who do not understand that people who watch these shows are quite intelligent and can deduce for themselves exactly what they like or don't like.

But what do I know? Im not "supposed" or "allowed" to think for myself according to JFP and JG.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/22 11:30AM
    #3   2013/03/22 12:12PM
    sunmama

Quote Lanealways: Thanx 4 posting suds

Wish I could say Im shocked but I'm not.

Im sorry to see we have another regime that dismiss the audience and insults them as being too stupid to know what they want. Surely they can understand why people would not take that well.

Its too bad because I can personally see an easy way to fix this mess but what do I know being part of that "stupid" audience just waiting for JFP and JG to fill my brain with crap. LMAO

THey can not force people to like whatever drivel they come up with just because they say so. Clearly we have yet another EP and her band of writers who do not understand what daytime is all about, who do not understand that people who watch these shows are quite intelligent and can deduce for themselves exactly what they like or don't like.

But what do I know? Im not "supposed" or "allowed" to think for myself according to JFP and JG.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Excellent post Lanealways---She JFP really pizzed me off, when she stated and I will summarize because I can't quote it but we (the fans) don't know what's good for us, or we don't know what we will like or some crap like that. Really woman, um ok, well sweetie let me tell ya the show about has me nodding off right now, and her BFF Steve B is at the top of my list for ff, if I can get there before nodding off when he is on the screen.

The Lauren I grew up watching wouldn't get within 20 feet of a bartender unless he was serving a drink, and would find it beneath her to sleep with one, much less ruin her marriage over it. woohoo but Carmine is sooo hot, ok whatever.

WTH is Billy an adornment for Vikki's purse, get this boy away from her and give him a story.

Rebuild the Abbott's and make Summer Jack's just think of all the drama that could bring about with Nick lying about the paternity, and how that would effect everyone involved. But all the stories have been lackluster with their endings, like why the he!! did I just spend all this time watching for this?

#4   2013/03/22 12:20PM
    TxRangerFan

does not surprise me at all!

but then everyone wanted MAB gone and wanted JFP and all the FOJ! you get what you ask for!

#5   2013/03/22 12:51PM
    luvroflife

Co-sign all of your posts! 'Be careful what you ask for....'

Y&R has become rinse & repeated (poorly written)s/ls with regressed and new characters. Nothing is character driven.

Wow. Happy 40th???

#6   2013/03/22 01:27PM
    MsSuperSuds

I don't know what kind of pitch these two showrunners gave Sony & cbs to get hired; but whatever it was, they are not delivering. I cannot believe Y&R hired this EP. MAB is gone but we are getting more of the same kind of stuff she was dishing out--only this time w/ FOJ's. I can bet that both their butts ought to be on the hot seat about now. MAB had almost 5 years to ruin the show; but these two do not have that long to do more damage & shrink the ratings. Both GH & B&B are breathing heavily down the nape of their necks in this ratings game. Let's hope that another change in showunners happens b/f cancellation.

#7   2013/03/22 01:47PM
    lynnw

Quote TxRangerFan: does not surprise me at all!

but then everyone wanted MAB gone and wanted JFP and all the FOJ! you get what you ask for!

I'm not the least bit impressed with the new team but the same can be said for the ones who left. I'd read too many negative comments about JFP before she started and JG isn't much better.

As far as folks moving to other shows, GH and B&B, IMO, B&B is the better of the two CBS shows now. If I miss Y&R, so be it. I think I watched it two times last week and on Wednesday this week.

I don't know what lies in store for this soap but if things don't improve, the outcome isn't going to be good, I'm afraid.

#8   2013/03/22 02:07PM
    brandy1960

Not surprised one bit at this and to be honest, they deserve it. The moment they start doing worse then MAB is when you know they suck. They ruined my Shadam as well as other popular couples with their new pets. I guess they could care less that fans are not stupid. I don't watch this garbage the way it is. They have the same newbie having so many pregnancies, you would think she should have one for all the couples, than her JP other pet SB seems to be boring as hec as well as all the sl's. I don't even watch, but reading the recaps makes you see a better view than watching and throwing something at the tv.
    Not surprised and if they don't listen to fans, they may go lower.In the previews, they tend to have Villy with yet another baby sl. I am sick of these useless baby sl's. They should have given them their own baby in the first place.I just can't with YR and the hacks that ruined GH.MAB was bad, but JFP is and always has been worse.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/22 02:13PM
    #9   2013/03/22 04:10PM
    moore49

I love Cain & Chance & Nick an others.

#10   2013/03/22 05:58PM
    beachmomluvr

Interesting how this was the "week of Chelsea" with her being on 5 days that week and the show lost 183,000 viewers, coincidence, I think not. Even SB and his great body and supposed hot love scene with Chelsea couldn't get a rise above 3.2

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list