List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: nikki's ms storyline

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

nikki's ms storyline

Started by strange fruit at 2013/03/07 01:19PM
    Latest post: 2013/03/10 12:36PM, Views: 1970, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/03/09 03:56PM
    Re: nikki's ms storyline
    Mhackney71

I too have been battling MS since 2002 and I am so glad I can relate to this story line, just a little curious how the story will be similar to others that live with this debilitating disease; like fatigue, memory loss, confusion, difficulty walking and sometimes talking because you can't find the right words to say. I just hope they do it right.

#12   2013/03/09 03:59PM
    Kona24

Quote soapsrfun: I have been thinking about this S/L a lot; especially with all of the press coverage during the election of Ann Romney.
    But some of you have peeked my curiosity. Blurred vision
    can indeed be a symptom of diabetes, as can passing out.
    Could we end up with a wrong diagnosis?? Nikki can't have
    a miracle cure. It is just unrealistic. But a wrong
    diagnosis could lead to more story lines, including a mal-
    practice story.
    Just a thought.

I'm not a dr so I don't know for sure, but there are 2 things that are pointing to ms that they said a while back but I'm not sure either are 100%. The vep test which could mean her optic nerve is damaged and the spinal fluid. I don't remember them saying anything about an MRI to show where her lesions are or if she has any. So I guess it's possible. Diabetes is a simple blood test so probably not that.

There is kind of a miracle cure for the moment I think Montel had done. I think people have died from it though. It involves putting a stint in major veins or something like that. I guess if they wanted to kill her off, they could have her get the surgery and have it go wrong.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/09 04:02PM
    #13   2013/03/09 04:11PM
    hopey pix

I sure don't want to see Nikki suffer from MS at all!!It's not great how JFP seems to have such a vendetta against who she hates,and is firing everyone we dearly love!!I don't want to see this play out on Y&R!!We love Niiki and Katherine!!Why can't there be something for them to do without killing them off?!!

#14   2013/03/09 05:44PM
    SuziDecorator

I don't hold out any big hope that the MS story line will be realistic, which I'd think would be upsetting to those who are suffering from this horrible disease. I have fibromyalgia and have had to be tested for MS a couple of times just to be on the safe side. And, like fibro, MS doesn't hit everyone the same way. If they do a miracle cure for Nikki because TGVN has money and clout I think it will be a horrible disservice to the real people who are fighting this.
    I will say, when they did Jack's addiction to rx pain pills I couldn't watch because it brought back so many painful memories of my late DH - but I think that was due more to the skillful acting of PB than any wonderful writing on the part of the writers.
    Guess we will have to wait and see.

#15   2013/03/09 05:57PM
    habbyfan

All I can say is .... when they do that far away vision and the feeling of falling ... I feel it, as for symptoms so many one can have and not another.

There is no miracle cure.

#16   2013/03/10 11:19AM
    leprecaun28

Quote Kona24:
    Quote soapsrfun: I have been thinking about this S/L a lot; especially with all of the press coverage during the election of Ann Romney.
    But some of you have peeked my curiosity. Blurred vision
    can indeed be a symptom of diabetes, as can passing out.
    Could we end up with a wrong diagnosis?? Nikki can't have
    a miracle cure. It is just unrealistic. But a wrong
    diagnosis could lead to more story lines, including a mal-
    practice story.
    Just a thought.

I'm not a dr so I don't know for sure, but there are 2 things that are pointing to ms that they said a while back but I'm not sure either are 100%. The vep test which could mean her optic nerve is damaged and the spinal fluid. I don't remember them saying anything about an MRI to show where her lesions are or if she has any. So I guess it's possible. Diabetes is a simple blood test so probably not that.

There is kind of a miracle cure for the moment I think Montel had done. I think people have died from it though. It involves putting a stint in major veins or something like that. I guess if they wanted to kill her off, they could have her get the surgery and have it go wrong.

I'm in Canada and a TV show called W5 aired the story again on Annette Funicello (one of the original Mouseketeers). She has had the disease for over 25 years and she now cannot walk or talk. Her husband found out about this treatment, even though some doctors don't think it has anything to do with MS but the main arteries in her neck on the left side were completely blocked so the blood wasn't flowing from her brain to the body, it was reversing....anyway, the husband thinks he's seen improvements but I don't think its a miracle cure or anything. The poor lady has to have everything done for her and her poor hubby is 81.
    I didn't know that Montel had the same thing, I just remember the stories about him smoking dope all the time...
    Its a very crippling disease but if you get the right diagnosis and medication in time, I think it can slow the progression....

#17   2013/03/10 12:36PM
    hopey pix

It does seem that it was very crippling for Annette!And Terri Garr(from Sonny and Cher's show,Oh God,and other films),has it,and she's been on local talk shows for awhile talking about it,not lately though!!They are treating Nikki like a baby already!!I don't see her being on much longer,do you?

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list