List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: liking avery and dylan together

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

liking avery and dylan together

Started by strange fruit at 2013/02/05 12:45PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/06 07:58PM, Views: 2417, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/02/06 03:37PM
    Re: liking avery and dylan together
    bukopandan

I'm liking Avery, period. Her emotional scenes since Dylan's reappearance have all been so good. (Great acting.) And it made sense that she didn't immediately tell Nick but needed some time. That was real. I dreaded the usual punishment happening for not telling someone something, but it appears as though the writers decided to do away with the oh-so-predictable, which I'm especially glad for because I dreaded the idea of a nosy Phyl going around snooping and torturing Av with a secret. I imagine she'll eventually taunt Av for being torn between two men, but if the writers want to be grownups then they can do a lot with using this Dylan story as a way to bring the sisters together. The whole Dylan thing would let Phyl get to know something very significant that happened during the years they were not in contact and could serve them well. I also have enjoyed what we've started seeing with a caring Nick as he's realized something is wrong. We're seeing another facet of their relating--so glad.

#22   2013/02/06 03:55PM
    ski lady

Quote justmyopinion: With how poorly Nick has treated the women in his life, have to say it will be great for his ego to play second best for once. I do like Navery but Nick needs and deserves to be humbled after years of playing Phyllis and Sharon off each other.

I love Nick, but I totally agree with you. He needs to have his heart broken, for once. Dylan is a war hero and the writers should know that most fans will be pulling for him. And a whole new couple would be so refreshing.

#23   2013/02/06 04:32PM
    DEEDEEBAY

Big chemistry between Avery and Dylan, hope they play that out and not waste it on stupid Sharon.

#24   2013/02/06 05:33PM
    AdamPhan

No argument here about the sparks and the acting and the chemistry. I've always liked the actor who played Avery and she has been a real bonus to YnR. The thing I'm not crazy about is the ham-fisted way that Dylan has been introduced to the greater story. He was kept 'alive' with memories of Avery??? He couldn't write or call or whatever? WTF??? That's just so lame for someone who professes to be so in love with someone whom he got to cheat on for him. (Which he clearly had to have known and even enjoyed!) Avery is clearly confused and will have to go through several weeks of wrenching push-me pull-you stuff with Nick and Dylan. She's pretty good at keeping secrets. The one possible positive outcome I suspect would be a repair of her relationship with Phyllis. Oh she'll be delighted and simultaneously angry. Delighted that she left Nick but angry that she hurt him. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

#25   2013/02/06 07:11PM
    AlyasMom

Im logging on just to say how REAL, enjoyable, totally sencere Avery and Dylan's scenes are! Breathe of fresh air indeed! Im loving them and I can totally feel that *pull* you want to feel with couples. Its funny cause I absolutely HATED SB character on GH. One-note and mediocore at best...I personally think he was just so over the whole 'Hitman-with-a-heart' routine and what we were getting as audience was a very bored and unchallenged actor. There is life in him now and a sparkle of enthusiasm I havent seen in years of him playing 'Jason Morgan'

Im pulling for Avery and Dylan cause we all know that Nick the Mitch will never love her the way Dylan obviously loves her...Phyllis and Sharon will always be a factor one way or another

#26   2013/02/06 07:12PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote KeepingItReal: I do too.

Nick seems to "young" minded for her.

Dylan seems more mature and "deep".....

I totally agree!

#27   2013/02/06 07:17PM
    AlyasMom

Quote bukopandan: I'm liking Avery, period. Her emotional scenes since Dylan's reappearance have all been so good. (Great acting.) And it made sense that she didn't immediately tell Nick but needed some time. That was real. I dreaded the usual punishment happening for not telling someone something, but it appears as though the writers decided to do away with the oh-so-predictable, which I'm especially glad for because I dreaded the idea of a nosy Phyl going around snooping and torturing Av with a secret. I imagine she'll eventually taunt Av for being torn between two men, but if the writers want to be grownups then they can do a lot with using this Dylan story as a way to bring the sisters together. The whole Dylan thing would let Phyl get to know something very significant that happened during the years they were not in contact and could serve them well. I also have enjoyed what we've started seeing with a caring Nick as he's realized something is wrong. We're seeing another facet of their relating--so glad.

ITA with everything you posted! I read someone elses post that said Avery isnt leading lady material...and I totally disagree with that! Those scenes with Nick and Dylan were done so well, not overly theatrical or underwhelming either...she was spot on in engaging the audience and reeling us in, her scenes rocked! I think she catapulted her character to the front of pack and showed off her acting chops

#28   2013/02/06 07:20PM
    AlyasMom

Quote AdamPhan: No argument here about the sparks and the acting and the chemistry. I've always liked the actor who played Avery and she has been a real bonus to YnR. The thing I'm not crazy about is the ham-fisted way that Dylan has been introduced to the greater story. He was kept 'alive' with memories of Avery??? He couldn't write or call or whatever? WTF??? That's just so lame for someone who professes to be so in love with someone whom he got to cheat on for him. (Which he clearly had to have known and even enjoyed!) Avery is clearly confused and will have to go through several weeks of wrenching push-me pull-you stuff with Nick and Dylan. She's pretty good at keeping secrets. The one possible positive outcome I suspect would be a repair of her relationship with Phyllis. Oh she'll be delighted and simultaneously angry. Delighted that she left Nick but angry that she hurt him. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I guessing here, but I dont think they wanted to go the 'Amnesia' route because that would had to similar to his old role as Jason morgan, who also suffered from memory loss. So they had to come up with another reason why he didnt reach out to Avery until now

#29   2013/02/06 07:20PM
    On a Clear Day

Quote PatBA:
    Quote strange fruit: they look good together they're cute. i wish they would put them back with eachother but i know they aren't because more than likely dylan will be put with sharon sadly. dylan and avery are a breath of a fresh new couple that i don't want to see to end so i'm all for them reuniting!

They were fantastic togehter. Goodbye Nick and I for one will be glad. She mothers Nick, he just seems immature nest to Avery. i thought today was the best acting I have ever seen her do. Great. Mac seems so real.

I agree also that Avery "mothers" Nick which then gives them an ick factor as a couple. I thought they were cute and happy and fun to watch at first but the more mothering that went on, the more I couldn't quite put my finger on why I didn't like the sexy scenes with them anymore. Thought Avery & Dylan scenes were acted well and they had good chemistry though.

#30   2013/02/06 07:41PM
    Lizzytish

Meh, don't care one way or the other -- in fact, I'm getting kind of tired of all- Avery. She's involved in practically every SL on the show.

I thought her outrage with Dylan today was a bit much. Shouldn't she have given him the opportunity to explain what happened and where he's been before she went off on him? As she pointed out -- she's not his wife or girlfriend, so a lot could have happened that she'd have no way of knowing.

I feel sorry for Nick -- can't seem to find a girl without drama.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list