List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/01/26 07:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/02/01 02:32AM, Views: 1963, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/01/26 08:40AM
    Re: Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat
    countryMomof4

At least it's stable. We're only a few months into the new writing. It took years to trash the show so it's going to take a while to fix it.

#12   2013/01/26 08:45AM
    Jackie10

Quote countryMomof4: At least it's stable. We're only a few months into the new writing. It took years to trash the show so it's going to take a while to fix it.

I agree it will take time and as I stated above over all the ratings are better then the 3.0s and 3.1 of MABs last 7 months of reign. So the more the New Crew fix and the longer they go the better it is getting. I think with the shaking up they are fixing to do it may get even better. They are repairing the last 7 months of her damage with Sictor and Cham. Bringing other stories to fulfillment. And bringing on characters to expand on stories eluded to last year. I am willing to give them a chance to see where it goes. At lest no one or two characters are dominating every story line or scene.

#13   2013/01/26 09:05AM
    deceived

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote countryMomof4: At least it's stable. We're only a few months into the new writing. It took years to trash the show so it's going to take a while to fix it.

I agree it will take time and as I stated above over all the ratings are better then the 3.0s and 3.1 of MABs last 7 months of reign. So the more the New Crew fix and the longer they go the better it is getting. I think with the shaking up they are fixing to do it may get even better. They are repairing the last 7 months of her damage with Sictor and Cham. Bringing other stories to fulfillment. And bringing on characters to expand on stories eluded to last year. I am willing to give them a chance to see where it goes. At lest no one or two characters are dominating every story line or scene.

ITA... I like the new writers, give them a chance to do damage control...they have a few bloopers, but that can be fixed...

#14   2013/01/26 03:07PM
    masamf

Quote valleycliffe: blech, just too much gosh darn adam for me to watch...

Aaawww VC, I love yo avi, go Canucks go go go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back to topic, these damn writers have no clue, and its sad because Sony/CBS haven't got the simplest clue either. Why they fired LML or MAB is beyond me since JG continues on the same hatchet job on the show, same s/ls and garbage being spewed out every day only different set of writers. JG needs to get back to the basics, quit writing for the actors and write for the audience, we are the ones that watch this show and make the ratings, NOT the actors. It should not matter what actor wants to be paired with who, that's what tanked this shown under MAB: writing for EB and the likes as opposed to writing what the viewer was interested in. Since JG continues on the same path, sorry to say but his days too are numbered if not Y&R days. The same tired triangles, every freakin day, the same MAB triangles, who cares about that? Oh well, whatevs!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/26 03:12PM
    #15   2013/01/26 05:52PM
    Leel

Quote masamf:

Back to topic, these damn writers have no clue, and its sad because Sony/CBS haven't got the simplest clue either. Why they fired LML or MAB is beyond me since JG continues on the same hatchet job on the show, same s/ls and garbage being spewed out every day only different set of writers. JG needs to get back to the basics, quit writing for the actors and write for the audience, we are the ones that watch this show and make the ratings, NOT the actors. It should not matter what actor wants to be paired with who, that's what tanked this shown under MAB: writing for EB and the likes as opposed to writing what the viewer was interested in. Since JG continues on the same path, sorry to say but his days too are numbered if not Y&R days. The same tired triangles, every freakin day, the same MAB triangles, who cares about that? Oh well, whatevs!!

I agree, I think the new head writer is pandering to the actors, EB, MM and SC. So we still have bully King of GC Victor and Sharon sex-fantasizing on Adam thus the disgusting SHADAM. It's MAB, part II. The only s/l I like is the Fen/Jamie/Paul/Michael sl, it's new and interesting. The hair styles have improved, the sets are lighter. But there are too many retreads, Victor/Jack wars, sex scenes, newbies who are pointless and useless.

#16   2013/01/26 06:01PM
    grammapam

Quote deceived:
    Quote Jackie10:

ITA... I like the new writers, give them a chance to do damage control...they have a few bloopers, but that can be fixed...
    I agree...we all need to be patient,and give these guys time.It's a thankless job.Either way people complain.So far Im loving the new writing and s/ls'.
    I wish them luck.

#17   2013/01/26 07:03PM
    ladyb50

IF they keep mess up our favorite couples like Cane and Lily ratings will get A lot worst. I know, I am gone, and A few millions more !!!!!!!

#18   2013/01/26 07:18PM
    3WishGenie

I think they have been trying to find their footing with this new direction. It's been like a trial and error for the last 3 months but judging by the last week of episodes, they seem to have gotten their game together s/l wise and its looking up IMO. It still lacks refinement for me, too many things don't make sense but we'll see how they iron things out.

#19   2013/01/27 02:57PM
    Just Mary

Quote masamf:

I could not agree more!

#20   2013/01/27 04:10PM
    Octsky2013

Quote ladyb50: IF they keep mess up our favorite couples like Cane and Lily ratings will get A lot worst. I know, I am gone, and A few millions more !!!!!!!

A few millions more viewers will leave...where are you getting these huge numbers from

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list