List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/01/26 07:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/02/01 02:32AM, Views: 2140, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/26 07:38AM
    Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report for the Week of January 14-18, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,653,000 (+14,000/-408,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.4/10 (same/-.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 823,000 (-83,000/-137,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/8 (-.1/-.2)

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 269,000 (+33,000/+136,000)
    2. Y&R 201,000 (-24,000/-50,000)
    3. DAYS 194,000 (+22,000/+29,000)
    4. B&B 159,000 (-4,000/-16,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.8 (+.1/+.4)
    2. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/+.1)
    2. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/-.1)
    4. B&B 0.5 (same/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R

Monday: 3.4/4,533,000
    Tuesday: 3.4/4,620,000
    Wednesday: 3.4/4,629,000
    Thursday: 3.5/4,713,000
    Friday: 3.5/4,695,000

Both viewership & ratings for this week are basically the same. Not much change in either for Y&R; but Days seems to be improving, attracting viewers and tying Y&R in the 18-34 demographic. GH still holds the #1 spot w/ that demographic. I have no positive or negative comments aboout the show's storylines, character hookups, newbies or its viewership. Other comments from you are welcome.

#2   2013/01/26 07:42AM
    Re: Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat
    Rfan

It is a sad state lets hope they get it soon it soon this is not working.

#3   2013/01/26 07:47AM
    Lanealways

thanks for posting suds

#4   2013/01/26 08:09AM
    Iansmom92

I think part of the problem may be too many writers. I watched the opening credits recently and counted eight! The stories are very disjointed and change every time the wind blows, or so it seems. The writers need to choose a story and stick with it. Sharon quits Newman one day, but the next day she's there as one of the only two executives remaining at Newman after Adam's takeover. And the takeover story ... first Victor goes to Adam to ask for his help in getting his company back and Adam turns him down. Then later Adam approaches Victor and says he'll help (because he's ticked off at Jack and his feelings have been hurt), to which Victor responds that he no longer needs his help (his feelings were hurt when Adam initially turned him down so now he's cutting his nose off to spite his face). Then Adam decides to help Jack and then Jack steps down and puts Adam and Billy in charge; and then Billy is gone and Adam is now the only one in charge! I truly hate long, drawn out stories like the "Who Killed Diane" fiasco, but every day someone new is in charge at either Jabot (Neil is in ... Neil is out ... Neil is in ... now Neil is out again) or Newman. And I had to laugh when Adam said the Board was supportive with his choice of Sharon as an executive, but only a short time ago the Board wanted her out because she had caused the stock to tank previously and they didn't trust her! It's like watching a tennis match, and I feel as though I'm suffering whiplash!

#5   2013/01/26 08:13AM
    Gliirtgirl

It's a bad show. What do they expect? Sony/CBS has no clue what to do with Y&R and they keep bringing in the same hacks that have tanked other soaps, so I don't see what on earth they would expect from them on this soap. They are just getting the same results the other soaps got when they tanked them.

#6   2013/01/26 08:20AM
    valleycliffe

blech, just too much gosh darn adam for me to watch...

#7   2013/01/26 08:29AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Iansmom92: I think part of the problem may be too many writers. I watched the opening credits recently and counted eight! The stories are very disjointed and change every time the wind blows, or so it seems. The writers need to choose a story and stick with it. Sharon quits Newman one day, but the next day she's there as one of the only two executives remaining at Newman after Adam's takeover. And the takeover story ... first Victor goes to Adam to ask for his help in getting his company back and Adam turns him down. Then later Adam approaches Victor and says he'll help (because he's ticked off at Jack and his feelings have been hurt), to which Victor responds that he no longer needs his help (his feelings were hurt when Adam initially turned him down so now he's cutting his nose off to spite his face). Then Adam decides to help Jack and then Jack steps down and puts Adam and Billy in charge; and then Billy is gone and Adam is now the only one in charge! I truly hate long, drawn out stories like the "Who Killed Diane" fiasco, but every day someone new is in charge at either Jabot (Neil is in ... Neil is out ... Neil is in ... now Neil is out again) or Newman. And I had to laugh when Adam said the Board was supportive with his choice of Sharon as an executive, but only a short time ago the Board wanted her out because she had caused the stock to tank previously and they didn't trust her! It's like watching a tennis match, and I feel as though I'm suffering whiplash!

ROFLMBO! You are not the only one who is getting whiplash from these corporate revolving doors. I noticed that Adam called it musical chairs. I call it a revolving door of executives b/c musical chairs is entirely too slow for the instant daily changes in upper management at Jabot & NE. I think its funny and shows an ineptitude to write good business stories.

Y&R needs to hire a business or corporate consultant to improve its business plot points & storylines especially when they write two females who sound like chipmunks talking starting and running a business! Neither have a business background, the creativity or the aptitude to run anything except their mouths; but I am sure that Y&R will write them as groundbreakers who succeed against all odds. Why not write that story for Neil Winters? He is a vet who deserves to run his own business? New blood is needed on the business front. Victor & Jack's feud is stale & boring. Been there, done that too many times already. Too much of the same with the same folks on screen everyday. Y&R is still too Newman-centric to be a really good show today.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/26 08:35AM
    #8   2013/01/26 08:33AM
    Jackie10

Over all the ratings are better then the 3.0s and 3.1 of MABs last 7 months of reign. So the more the New Crew fix and the longer they go the better it is getting. I think with the shaking up they are fixing to do it may get even better.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/26 08:34AM
    #9   2013/01/26 08:36AM
    canada gal

Quote valleycliffe: blech, just too much gosh darn adam for me to watch...

Lol, valleycliff. I cannot get enough of adam.
    I guess we cancel each other out

#10   2013/01/26 08:38AM
    valleycliffe

Quote canada gal:
    Quote valleycliffe: blech, just too much gosh darn adam for me to watch...

Lol, valleycliff. I cannot get enough of adam.
    I guess we cancel each other out

LOL guess so..

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list