List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER--Phyllis/Christine--

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER--Phyllis/Christine--

Started by rediculous at 2013/01/21 03:08AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/26 11:17AM, Views: 5936, Replies: 57
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/01/22 07:04AM
    Re: SPOILER--Phyllis/Christine--
    Ebybrowempoly

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Ebybrowempoly: i doubt he will . he has trun into a dorrnat at one time he was this big strong man who believe in right and wrong but when it comes to standing up for himself he is a whimp. i never like the way they just let phyllis off when it came to the hit and run. but there will be so many who feels she doesn't need to pay.

I will never understand why they've made him "make peace with it" imho. It's like, he doesn't care that someone tries to kill him. Some may say it's the noble thing because it was so long ago and yada yada yada, but I think that there should have been some repercutions for trying to take another person's life. And her daughter acting out of control for a little while and Phyllis fixing it by going over and having a make-over party with her imho does not qualify as Phyllis paying for anything.

i agree phyllis shouldn't be able to walk away from it . paul needs to find his back bone and stand up to her ans tell phyllis i will never be ok with you trying to kill me.phylllis is not sorry she is sorry cuase she knows everyone knows the real truth .

#42   2013/01/22 07:28AM
    laurie6

I was hoping the show was done with this S/L, I don't care nothing about Christine she bores me. so now I have to skip her scenes to.

#43   2013/01/22 07:30AM
    LucySnowe

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Ebybrowempoly: even with phyllis losing nick she is not sorry for what she did. she hates chris and always will . she will always see chris as the reason she lost so much. i did love whne phyllis told nick she knows it was all on her this times. that with her lies she can understand why eh couldn't stay. she broke the trust they had . as the line goes the lies she told. sometimes love isn't enough.

See, that's the thing. It doesn't matter how much Phyllis lost. (And imho she didn't really lose her daughter; nothing a little nail polish couldn't fix.) I think it's the lack of remourse that's driving me crazy. I mean, she tried to kill the woman, but is still so vendictive towards her, you would think Christine was the one who tried to kill Phyllis. I have a hard time with her not being sorry she tried to murder two people in cold blood. That's my problem with Phyllis. I give her props for owning her ish regarding the end of her marriage, as well as helping Jack, but until she actually owns her ish about trying to kill two people, she can reach, preach and teach that she's a better person, but really, she still has a long way to go...jmho

Absolutely. If this show is presenting a moral compass of sorts -- i.e. Jack is not okay with what he did re: Stephanie -- then they *must* address what Phyllis has done, particularly if she is in Jack's orbit. Attempted murder is no small thing. She used a car instead of a bullet, so she is no different than Patty, who despite being mentally ill is locked up in a high-security pen for life. A heartfelt apology would do the trick for me. I don't think Cricket is an issue. This isn't about her. She's a plot point for Phyllis. Honestly, she is too blah for me to even hate.

#44   2013/01/22 07:49AM
    trinilisa

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Ebybrowempoly: even with phyllis losing nick she is not sorry for what she did. she hates chris and always will . she will always see chris as the reason she lost so much. i did love whne phyllis told nick she knows it was all on her this times. that with her lies she can understand why eh couldn't stay. she broke the trust they had . as the line goes the lies she told. sometimes love isn't enough.

See, that's the thing. It doesn't matter how much Phyllis lost. (And imho she didn't really lose her daughter; nothing a little nail polish couldn't fix.) I think it's the lack of remourse that's driving me crazy. I mean, she tried to kill the woman, but is still so vendictive towards her, you would think Christine was the one who tried to kill Phyllis. I have a hard time with her not being sorry she tried to murder two people in cold blood. That's my problem with Phyllis. I give her props for owning her ish regarding the end of her marriage, as well as helping Jack, but until she actually owns her ish about trying to kill two people, she can reach, preach and teach that she's a better person, but really, she still has a long way to go...jmho

Absolutely. If this show is presenting a moral compass of sorts -- i.e. Jack is not okay with what he did re: Stephanie -- then they *must* address what Phyllis has done, particularly if she is in Jack's orbit. Attempted murder is no small thing. She used a car instead of a bullet, so she is no different than Patty, who despite being mentally ill is locked up in a high-security pen for life. A heartfelt apology would do the trick for me. I don't think Cricket is an issue. This isn't about her. She's a plot point for Phyllis. Honestly, she is too blah for me to even hate.

Exactly; attempted murder is no small thing, no matter how long ago it happened. And even if Christine didn't forgive her, I think I could be okay with a heartfelt apology because at least she would be taking responsibility for her actions, and I could say she at least tried. But I agree; if Jack is not okay with what happened to Stephanie in his living room, and if Phyllis was so freaked out about knowing about moving the body (and I would be freaked out, too), then she should be horrified at herself for not taking responsibility for trying to kill two people...

#45   2013/01/22 09:23AM
    Just Mary

Quote rediculous:
    Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote rediculous: As Phyllis watches Jack needing to own up to what happened with Stephanie, she may just decide to finally own up to the hit and run and have that addressed with her taking responsibility for it finally. Maybe that's what the spoiler that says something like Jack and Phyllis will be each others saviors means.

Yes, Red, that's exactly what I was thinking. She's also seen what Jack has been through since Patty tried to kill him. He survived but he's had about one year of physical and emotional hell as a result of being shot. So, maybe, having witnessed someone she loves suffer at the hands of a nut, she will be sincerely be sorry to Paul and Christine?

If Phyllis finally confesses to her part in the hit and run, that will put an end to this story line once and for all, Phyllis will then be able to move forward, without the fear of having to confront her past always in her mind, the worst will have happened for her. If the writers are going this way, I applaud them. I will be happy never to hear of the hit and run again. I also think Avery is going to play a big part in this, helping Phyllis to move forward. Spoilers for this week says that Phyllis opens up to Avery, is that about confessing to the fact that she intentionally tried to kill Christine, I think it is!! Avery will act as her lawyer throughout this ordeal.

I agree! I am sure the writers are heading in the direction of doing away with this S/L once and for all and I am glad of that. I would like to see Phyllis apologize for what she has done;however, I would like to see Christine's character written differently as well.

In the past - Christine has pursued Phyllis relentlessly. No matter who it hurt, no matter how many toes she had to step on to do it. One of the reasons I did not see Phyllis apologizing in the past was Christine's uppity, self-righteous attitude. I do not believe Christine would accept Phyllis' apology if she got down on her hands and knees and begged her to do it. I think she will use it against Phyllis to persecute her more.

I would like to see Phyllis grow up and accept responsibility for her actions but I would like to see Christine grow up as well.

#46   2013/01/22 09:25AM
    Just Mary

Quote mdtuttle:
    Quote countryMomof4: Because it's a civil case, would Michael have anything to do with it? IDK.

Christine may have lied about being a federal agent at the time but I think that pales in comparison to what Phyl did to her and Paul. She has a right to some form of justice for the attempt on her life and the damage done to Paul.

I don't know if the staute of limitations applies to civil cases or not. If not and Christime wanted to bring a civil suit than I would say if it made her feel better she had every right to do it. Although I do not think it would ever come down to that. Phyllis would probably settle out of court to avoid yet another trial.

If there is a statute of limitations on civil cases as well than as I said, rather than create new drama and try and find a way to get around that Christine should live in the present. Yes she has a right to be upset, but if all legal remidies have expired than Christine is hurting herself more than anybody by hanging on to the past.

There is a statute of limitation on civil cases as well which are usually shorter than criminal cases and I agree with you. Phyllis should have to live up to her responsibilities for what she has done but Christine is going to have to come down off of her high horse and let her do it.

#47   2013/01/22 09:54AM
    trinilisa

Quote Just Mary:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote rediculous: As Phyllis watches Jack needing to own up to what happened with Stephanie, she may just decide to finally own up to the hit and run and have that addressed with her taking responsibility for it finally. Maybe that's what the spoiler that says something like Jack and Phyllis will be each others saviors means.

Yes, Red, that's exactly what I was thinking. She's also seen what Jack has been through since Patty tried to kill him. He survived but he's had about one year of physical and emotional hell as a result of being shot. So, maybe, having witnessed someone she loves suffer at the hands of a nut, she will be sincerely be sorry to Paul and Christine?

If Phyllis finally confesses to her part in the hit and run, that will put an end to this story line once and for all, Phyllis will then be able to move forward, without the fear of having to confront her past always in her mind, the worst will have happened for her. If the writers are going this way, I applaud them. I will be happy never to hear of the hit and run again. I also think Avery is going to play a big part in this, helping Phyllis to move forward. Spoilers for this week says that Phyllis opens up to Avery, is that about confessing to the fact that she intentionally tried to kill Christine, I think it is!! Avery will act as her lawyer throughout this ordeal.

I agree! I am sure the writers are heading in the direction of doing away with this S/L once and for all and I am glad of that. I would like to see Phyllis apologize for what she has done;however, I would like to see Christine's character written differently as well.

In the past - Christine has pursued Phyllis relentlessly. No matter who it hurt, no matter how many toes she had to step on to do it. One of the reasons I did not see Phyllis apologizing in the past was Christine's uppity, self-righteous attitude. I do not believe Christine would accept Phyllis' apology if she got down on her hands and knees and begged her to do it. I think she will use it against Phyllis to persecute her more.

I would like to see Phyllis grow up and accept responsibility for her actions but I would like to see Christine grow up as well.

I, too, would like to see some sort of resolution to this storyline. I am sort of glad it may come up again because I think this would be a good way for Phyllis to put her past in the past and really grow up and sh*t or get off the pot about wanting to be a better person. I think this wouldn't have as much to do with Christine as it would have to do with Phyllis bringing closure to this issue and growing as a result of a confession/apology. And like I've said, if Christine doesn't forgive her, noone can say that Phyllis didn't at least try, but as of right now, she is not even trying to own it so I can't really feel sorry for Christine pursuing her. Perhaps had she tried to bring closure to this in the past, we wouldn't be where we are today. But it's better late than never that, to me, she is really trying to grow up and be a better person and do right for her children and her granddaughter.
    (See, I am not even a Phyllis fan and I can be objective...lol).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/22 09:59AM
    #48   2013/01/22 09:59AM
    Just Mary

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Just Mary:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote LucySnowe:

I, too, would like to see some sort of resolution to this storyline. I am sort of glad it may come up again because I think this would be a good way for Phyllis to put her past in the past and really grow up and sh*t or get off the pot about wanting to be a better person. I think this wouldn't have as much to do with Christine as it would have to do with Phyllis bringing closure to this issue and growing as a result of a confession/apology. And like I've said, if Christine doesn't forgive her, noone can say that Phyllis didn't at least try, but as of right now, she is not even trying to own it so I can't really feel sorry for Christine pursuing her. Perhaps had she tried to bring closure to this in the past, we wouldn't be where are today. But it's better late than never that, to me, she is really trying to grown up and be a better person and do right for her children and her granddaughter.

You sure are being objective and FAIR and I totally agree! Hopefully, Phyllis will see that she needs to apologize, Christine will accept and we can move on from this.

I know Christine and Phyllis will never be friends but at least I hope they could be civil to one another.

#49   2013/01/22 10:06AM
    trinilisa

Quote Just Mary:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Just Mary:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote LucySnowe:

I, too, would like to see some sort of resolution to this storyline. I am sort of glad it may come up again because I think this would be a good way for Phyllis to put her past in the past and really grow up and sh*t or get off the pot about wanting to be a better person. I think this wouldn't have as much to do with Christine as it would have to do with Phyllis bringing closure to this issue and growing as a result of a confession/apology. And like I've said, if Christine doesn't forgive her, noone can say that Phyllis didn't at least try, but as of right now, she is not even trying to own it so I can't really feel sorry for Christine pursuing her. Perhaps had she tried to bring closure to this in the past, we wouldn't be where are today. But it's better late than never that, to me, she is really trying to grown up and be a better person and do right for her children and her granddaughter.

You sure are being objective and FAIR and I totally agree! Hopefully, Phyllis will see that she needs to apologize, Christine will accept and we can move on from this.

I know Christine and Phyllis will never be friends but at least I hope they could be civil to one another.

Right you are...
    And thanks btw!

#50   2013/01/25 04:57PM
    Tilda

I dislike Phyllis and Christine equally. However, Phyllis should pay for the damage she did to both Christine and Paul. She has got away with too many murders. Since pandora's box is being opened, all her past murders should resurface and be explored also, even if the status of limitations have passed for them.

Phyllis really killed other people who threatened to expose her about Danny not being Daniel's dad. I think one of the person's name was Kasha, I don't remember the other.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/25 05:02PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list