List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Will Phyllis's past haunt her....Spoiler

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will Phyllis's past haunt her....Spoiler

Started by lfga at 2013/01/19 10:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/23 02:42PM, Views: 4359, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/01/19 05:02PM
    Re: Will Phyllis's past haunt her....Spoiler
    rediculous

Quote grammapam:
    Quote angel276: So what as long as Phyllis gets away with all the crap she has done over the past decade...her fans will stay? Soon as she gets some of her own crap back in her face..the fans stay away? That is plain dumb! Phyllis deserves everything she gets and then some.
    Phyllis has done some awful things,true....but tell me one person in good old GC that hasnt?Where should I start...Victor tops the list right now,imo....he's so shady and hurtful with it.
    Obviously if you're a person that detests this character,you will say this,otherwise...........Please. Give this Woman just a LITTLE credit.She's quick to put her life on hold and help Jack overcome his addiction,but I guess thats not a good thing?
    People with 'pasts' seem to be the norm in GC,but this is Phyllis,right?

I love what she is doing for Jack. Andyour right Pam, if you don't have a past, you don't belong in GC!!.

#32   2013/01/19 05:17PM
    LucySnowe

Quote rediculous:
    Quote grammapam:
    Quote angel276: So what as long as Phyllis gets away with all the crap she has done over the past decade...her fans will stay? Soon as she gets some of her own crap back in her face..the fans stay away? That is plain dumb! Phyllis deserves everything she gets and then some.
    Phyllis has done some awful things,true....but tell me one person in good old GC that hasnt?Where should I start...Victor tops the list right now,imo....he's so shady and hurtful with it.
    Obviously if you're a person that detests this character,you will say this,otherwise...........Please. Give this Woman just a LITTLE credit.She's quick to put her life on hold and help Jack overcome his addiction,but I guess thats not a good thing?

I love what she is doing for Jack. Andyour right Pam, if you don't have a past, you don't belong in GC!!.

Me too. Every major character has some shady stuff in their past but in Phyllis's case the previous regime dug it out and showed us flashbacks. I'd honestly put the hit and run out of my mind until they revisited it. But apart from that I found Phyllis very annoying for the past number of years. The banshee-like hollering and repeating, her sexay love story with Nick and way too much screen time for her drove me nuts. Her relationship with Jack has almost completely transformed Phyllis for me. I love how she's been so generous in her support of him. The writers are doing a magnificent job of bringing back the Phyllis many of us once loved.

#33   2013/01/19 06:48PM
    Blue 501

Quote grammapam:
    Quote Tiny Bubbles: I am not knocking the fans who stay and watch at all. That is up to them. I am saying that the writers are not writing a good product and that is why I don't watch. I don't feel that they are writing for all of the fans at all anymore. I don't watch and I can still come here and voice my opinion. I am not part of the cheerleading to keep this show on the air at all costs. I find other things to do with my hour that I used to spend on this mess and I find that it is much more productive than wasting it on something that makes no sense to me anymore. The show is just not the product I am used to and I wasted enough time on it when MAB was killing it off. I just decided that I don't want to watch it die or cheer to keep in on life support.
    You are right and I apologize..you DO have a right to an opinion,but I watch you going from thread-to-thread,complaining about this GREAT show,and its a waste of your time,and yet you will "waste your time" posting about it,every chance you get.I dont get that.
    "Life-support" is aloooong way off,just yet.Great show,great Actors,great s/ls,imo honest opinion.We all see things in a different light.....Thank goodness!!!

Bravo, Gramma Pam. I find that I DO enjoy watching it now. I usually put it on if I was home but did not always actually watch. Now I do.

#34   2013/01/19 06:56PM
    Blue 501

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote grammapam:

Me too. Every major character has some shady stuff in their past but in Phyllis's case the previous regime dug it out and showed us flashbacks. I'd honestly put the hit and run out of my mind until they revisited it. But apart from that I found Phyllis very annoying for the past number of years. The banshee-like hollering and repeating, her sexay love story with Nick and way too much screen time for her drove me nuts. Her relationship with Jack has almost completely transformed Phyllis for me. I love how she's been so generous in her support of him. The writers are doing a magnificent job of bringing back the Phyllis many of us once loved.

Even I find myself liking Phyllis (a little) in her new incarnation. A kinder, gentler Phyllis?

#35   2013/01/19 08:29PM
    Tiny Bubbles

Quote janesBydiction:
    Quote bukopandan: And non-Phyl fans repeatedly get bashed. In at least two threads this week, the poster referred to us as "animals."

This is unfortunate but please don't act like poster bashing doesn't go both ways. I've also seen non-Phyllis attack fans of hers on numerous occasions even from some posters in this very thread.

No fan base is above any of this behaviour. None.

And I agree with whoever said this board needs an ignore button.

Excellent post!

#36   2013/01/19 08:31PM
    Tiny Bubbles

Quote grammapam:

365/24/7. It's another hate Phyllis bash thread and if you are a Phyllis fan, they will bash you right along with her. This thread is more about me than it is about Phyllis. I am amazed.

#37   2013/01/19 08:37PM
    Tiny Bubbles

I find it very amusing that the most ardent Phyllis haters are all of a sudden loving her now that they have gotten thier pound of flesh out of her and seem to be getting fed even more of her bloody blood bath. Now they have seen her beaten down, beaten to death and basicilly subservient. I find that hipocricial and dishonest. The truth is they love her now because she is not with Nick, and they feel that maybe they won that one. They didn't, actually, they lost it. Frankly, Phyllis is not being Phyllis but rather some writers re write of her and it isn't even close. The continued bloodbath of the character is killing off this show and it is killing off her fans from the boards and the show. Tic toc, tic toc..........

#38   2013/01/19 08:39PM
    BobbiSox

Quote Tiny Bubbles: I find it very amusing that the most ardent Phyllis haters are all of a sudden loving her now that they have gotten thier pound of flesh out of her and seem to be getting fed even more of her bloody blood bath. Now they have seen her beaten down, beaten to death and basicilly subservient. I find that hipocricial and dishonest. The truth is they love her now because she is not with Nick, and they feel that maybe they won that one. They didn't, actually, they lost it. Frankly, Phyllis is not being Phyllis but rather some writers re write of her and it isn't even close. The continued bloodbath of the character is killing off this show and it is killing off her fans from the boards and the show. Tic toc, tic toc..........

Tiny, YOU are killing ME....

#39   2013/01/20 05:21AM
    deceived

Quote rediculous:
    Quote grammapam:
    Quote Tiny Bubbles:
    Quote Tambam: Isn't it just that pylon Christine?!? Didn't she say she was going to sue her in civil court?

I would be stunned if anyone thought that this was worth watching. Maybe for naval gazers but this has been done to death and the show is so dark now that you can't even see it with the lights on. I haven't watched this show in months and don't plan to come back for more of the beating up of Phyllis. When and if this sicko crew of baffoones who are writing for this show can come up with something that makes sense to watch, maybe the thousands of us will reconsider but from the look of it, people are just leaving because there is just nothing to watch. This show hasn't made any sense in ages and doing this, taking this bloodbath of Phyllis over the cliff again is just adding more insult to injury. Dribble and druel.
    This has been done to death.You claim you dont watch ,yet feel it necessary to keep coming in and complaining about the show.Your opinions are just that...yours.Please leave the rest of us who DO enjoy this soap to do just that.This gets boring after a while.
    Phyllis,imo,and so many others,is a core character and lots of us watch to see 'whats next' with her.Wether her past will come back to haunt her(which I highly doubt...its a done-deal)or not...I will continue to watch from a front row seat with enthusiasm.

Great post pam, just skip over the dribble, it is best to just ignore any poster who takes the enjoyment from the board for you. It would be great if there was still an ignore button, but it is easy to just skip right over the mundane threads that annoy you. I do!! This is a great board with great posters, there is only one I ignore, all others have great opinions, doesn't matter who they are a fan of.

I am enjoying the show for the first time in years since PHICK began... I like Phyllis at this time... she is not chaotic and all over the place, and also in other people's business pointing fingers at them...

#40   2013/01/20 05:42AM
    Overman

Quote Tiny Bubbles: I find it very amusing that the most ardent Phyllis haters are all of a sudden loving her now that they have gotten thier pound of flesh out of her and seem to be getting fed even more of her bloody blood bath. Now they have seen her beaten down, beaten to death and basicilly subservient. I find that hipocricial and dishonest. The truth is they love her now because she is not with Nick, and they feel that maybe they won that one. They didn't, actually, they lost it. Frankly, Phyllis is not being Phyllis but rather some writers re write of her and it isn't even close. The continued bloodbath of the character is killing off this show and it is killing off her fans from the boards and the show. Tic toc, tic toc..........

Or...

They have toned her down and made her character likable again. The pairing with Jack has always been the best for Phyllis (romantic and platonic) -- PB and MS just click as scene partners. It has been nice seeing Phyllis not be a selfish wench and put someone before her for once. This is how they should always write Phyllis. She is flawed but she also needed to grow the hell up. It is nice to see the character she was again way back when before LML and MAB turned her into a clown.

I couldn’t care less about Nick and his romantic pairings. Nick walking away from Phyllis was the best thing to ever happen to this character.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list