List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R Restless Rant and Poll! Vote! Comment!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Restless Rant and Poll! Vote! Comment!

Started by Candace at 2013/01/18 02:25PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 12:05PM, Views: 884, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/18 02:25PM
    Y&R Restless Rant and Poll! Vote! Comment!
    Candace

http://soaps.sheknow...0907/

#2   2013/01/18 03:14PM
    Re: Y&R Restless Rant and Poll! Vote! Comment!
    Pinchy

Great Rant Candace; as always!

Loved Lily putting Tyler in his place, he's a dog! I also wondered how a stewart of the court (Leslie) would have a shady past. Weird.

The whole bar opening was stupid and Avery should be a shrink not a lawyer!

Why didn't Catherine ask Victor about his press conference? The Congressman heard about it, why didn't anyone in Genoa City?

So looking forward to Billy and Junior running Newman!!! Not sure why Jack isn't listening to anyone....oh wait it's Jack......has he ever listened? Why start now!

I think Fen is innocent too but it'll put a huge strain on the Baldwins relationship. I hope it doesn't rip apart Lauren and Michael.

#3   2013/01/18 03:32PM
    Candace

Thanks for your comments, Pinchy. What do you think about the whole Noah/Adriana thing?

#4   2013/01/18 03:46PM
    Sunnyflower

Bravo Candace. As I think you know. I am one of your biggest fans of your rants.

To quote "I refuse to believe that Nick Newman wouldn’t have had his bar properly re-wired and have had a huge crowd at his grand opening. He’s a lot of things, but not incompetent. It’s irksome that they’re making him seem like an insecure airhead so that Avery has to ride to the rescue. Her pep talks are repetitive and annoying - she needs to be a girlfriend, not his mother/assistant/nursemaid."

Wow - I have been saying this all week? Seriously WTH? Not a fan of Nick, but he has started 2 businesses that still exist and has played leadership roles in multi-national corporations, but he can't open a bar without Avery boosting him up and saving him?

Can I quote you on this elsewhere?

Also, not feeling the Adrianna/Noah stuff either. They just aren't "sparking". Too bad. I love the new Noah and believe he has lots of potential.

The Fen/Jamie story has me glued to the screen. I don't understand Fen's behaviour but I find it compelling.

Again, thanks for the great read.

#5   2013/01/18 03:49PM
    Pinchy

Quote Candace: Thanks for your comments, Pinchy. What do you think about the whole Noah/Adriana thing?

Too new to judge but I would have thought Noah would have seen right through Adriana and her womanly ways! It seems he's just like his father when it comes to trying to rescue beautiful women. Also, why isn't he worried about who stole all the money from his house? If it was me I'd be worried about that and not Adriana!

#6   2013/01/18 03:55PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Great job Candace!

Well, Fen is far from innocent. Jamie wouldn't have been on that roof if Fen hadn't framed him, so I say it's all on him. Michael knows very well that it's Fen who's responsible. The kid is pretty Jamie-sessed and is a first-class bully. He is this way because his parents didn't instill discipline or teach him to respect other people.

As far as Adriana goes, I wish the poor girl would stop batting those eyelashes before she flies away! Her character is grating on my nerves.

IMO, Jack is trying to do the right thing and be a stand-up guy, in contrast to Victor who doesn't have an honest bone in his body. I respect Jack's misguided sense of accountability that he's taking regarding Stephanie's death, but it sure wasn't his fault. Victor, on the other hand, is a coward who never admits wrong-doing under any circumstances, and never takes responsibility for his actions. I have a ton of respect for people IRL like Jack, and zero for people like Victor.

#7   2013/01/18 04:13PM
    PinkSplash

Wow, Candace, love your rant/opinions about the show. I'm new here and didn't realize you had a blog, I'll definitely be reading it in the future!

I'm so not a fan of the Nick/Avery pairing. I'm not a Nick fan, but I do believe he needs a different kind of woman. I can't put my finger on why I don't care for Avery, something's missing with her and I don't quite know what bothers me about her. I'll figure it out, though.

I'm not getting Noah/Adrianna, either. She's way too pushy and I can't believe Noah's not putting up a better fight to be done with her. He knows she's trouble, but he's not putting his foot down.

#8   2013/01/18 04:15PM
    maja

Great rant Candace! The storyline that really makes me tune in each day is the bullying storyline! I was sceptical at first, but the three young actors are hitting it out the ballpark. Scary and creepy Fen, sad and vunerable Jamie, and Summer who wants to do the right thing, but doesn't know how. This is truely a timely story that is compelling to watch.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 04:18PM
    #9   2013/01/18 04:17PM
    bukopandan

I completely agree with you, both Candace and Steve! Steve, your insights on characters have been missed--so glad to see you back. And this insightful and hilarious Candace rant is probably my favorite one with the things covered that have been gnawing at me, too, perhaps especially how Nick handled the prep of his club bar--it was so unlike Nick to mess up on the wiring problem! I like Av a lot, but Candace's comment about the pep-talk thing is so right-on!

#10   2013/01/18 05:36PM
    Candace

@Sunny - sure you can quote me, lol.

@Pinchy - yes, why can't Noah see through her when we all can?

@Steve - welcome back, thanks for your comments!

@pinksplash - welcome to the site! I do write each week - just call it as I see it. Whether you agree or disagree it's all good!

@maja - the bullying story is better than anticipated, for sure.

@bukopandan - thanks! I like Avery too, but she's too chirpy in this s/l with Nick.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list