List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Role Models & Respect

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Role Models & Respect

Started by elsebark at 2013/01/18 12:12PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 12:02PM, Views: 5742, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/01/18 07:04PM
    Re: Role Models & Respect
    Its not real

Quote jimjay001:
    Quote Benay: Why does he still have a car and cell phone? I understand that on a TV show they're not going to show parents slapping their kids silly (which is exactly what the rude little punk deserves) but some sort of punishment should have been dished out by now. Come on writers!

True THAT!

Why does Summer have a new car as a birthday gift after how she acted? It may seem out there but believe me it is not that unrealistic. A lot of parents with more money than sense will do just that kind of thing. And, (my personal feeling based on what I've seen over the years) parents of blended families like Nick are even more likely to indulge their kids.

#12   2013/01/18 09:40PM
    imtickledpink

Quote arlenegay: as for lauren thinking her baby fen is so very innocent---i have seen that many times, i feel that the 'blind' parent knows on some level her child is guilty but to admit her feelings means she must deal with the problem. most would rather not deal or don't know how to deal with it. it is just easier to deny that her child would be capabe of such things. whole s/l-very true to real life.

Spot On! Lauren's kind of attitude is why so many kids these days have no respect for authority.

#13   2013/01/19 03:50AM
    Blue 501

Most of the kids in my large extended family turned out ok but I have one in-law whose kids could never be wrong. She always took their side against other kids, their father, their teachers, etc. She is a nice lady, pleasant to be around but both her kids ended up being career criminals (and not very good at it-they have both logged a lot of jail time-one of them stole narcotic pain patches from her grandmother who was dying of cancer). You can't give them everything & never hold them to account.

#14   2013/01/19 04:06AM
    Blue 501

Quote Its not real:
    Quote jimjay001:
    Quote Benay: Why does he still have a car and cell phone? I understand that on a TV show they're not going to show parents slapping their kids silly (which is exactly what the rude little punk deserves) but some sort of punishment should have been dished out by now. Come on writers!

True THAT!

Why does Summer have a new car as a birthday gift after how she acted? It may seem out there but believe me it is not that unrealistic. A lot of parents with more money than sense will do just that kind of thing. And, (my personal feeling based on what I've seen over the years) parents of blended families like Nick are even more likely to indulge their kids.

A family in our neighborhood gave their two teens a new Lexus. One of them wrapped it around a tree the first day. And they were not wealthy people. (My daughter did the same thing but at least her first car did not cost much). My cousin's sorority sister in college had the best of everything: exquisite clothes, new Mustang convertible. She seemed to be a wealthy girl but Amy went home with her one time & said her family lived in a trailer & her daddy "drove a truck with just 3 wheels". That's just silly to me, to spend everything on the children with no thought to retirement, but I cannot keep my husband from doing the same thing. At least, the money (usually) comes from his account, not ours, and definitely not mine.

#15   2013/01/19 07:16AM
    lmfan

The thing about this story is that we haven't seen Lauren and Michael being overly indulgent to their son. They are very rich but don't live extravagant lives and when we saw Fen when he was younger we did see Michael and Lauren correcting him about his behavior and on him about it. We have also been told that Fen was a responsible, respectful kid up until two months ago so this has not been ongoing. He has changed suddenly and is full of anger. Likey could have dealt with it better, but I think they felt it might be a phase that he was going through. They have been shown to be worried but I don't think they realized how serious it was. Now they are starting to, although Lauren can't allow herself to think her son could set up Jamie at this point.

#16   2013/01/19 10:28AM
    Barbyboo

He feels resentment for being duped in boarding school hope they send him back soon

#17   2013/01/19 12:02PM
    lmfan

Quote Barbyboo: He feels resentment for being duped in boarding school hope they send him back soon

He never was dumped into boarding school. He was sent, for a couple months, to live with his big brother Scotty, after Daisy moved into his building and Lauren feared for his safety.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list