List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Started by Leel at 2013/01/18 09:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 03:00PM, Views: 11097, Replies: 134
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #71   2013/01/18 04:36PM
    Re: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!
    Sunnyflower

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: Well, I just watched today's US episode and it was so funny seeing it after having read everyone's comments. Billy's movements that kept covering and uncovering a Phyl standing behind him were too much, as were the downward glances Jack made that weren't intended to suggest that he was staring at Phyl's chest but you couldn't help but imagine he was. As well, although Phyl always hunches and does twisty things with her arms, she almost seemed to be trying to hiding what was happening due to a chill--fortunately, things warmed back up again later. Well, yeah, now I see what people were getting at.

Well, I feel of course you do. It was nice having you on the dark side for a couple of hours though.

Cheers.

Whew, yeah it's good to be back over on the side where I belong!! Really, though, I was just trying to be fair and hadn't seen anything in the last epi to complain about. And I'm not about today's epi either. I waited, saw, and got what people were talking about--and it truly was fun watching the show AFTER having read this thread! BUT I didn't get bent out of shape--this kind of thing happens when temps change, and the fact is that Phyl had a bra on and she looked just fine and then for a while she suffered what we do from time to time. She might have cut the extra material from her sleeves and tucked in in to help herself out, but seriously I saw nothing wrong. Now, if she'd been wearing a wet T-shirt or something, then I'd be ranting.

LOL buko. I hear you.

We had the chocolate fight. Is mud wrestling on the horizon? I am sure there are males that would have no complaints there.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 04:36PM
    #72   2013/01/18 04:40PM
    Leel

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote SanDiegoSteve_1: I agree with jimjay on this. Phyllis may be evil, wicked, mean, and nasty (don't step on the grass, Sam), but she is fine as wine still, and from the red-blooded man's perspective, she looks great! I think they intentionally show things like the boobage, etc. to attract the male demographic. That's JMO, but that's what I believe. It's not by accident.

Possibly. Do you think that the actress is trying to pimp herself though as some contend (going so far as to suggest she is wearing prosthetic nipples) or is it a producer/directors choice?

I get the highers up trying to draw in men. It is done everywhere in the industry. Typically though, it is not said that the actress made the choice. I can think of thousands of movies where this strategy is employed and has been criticized. But the actors were not to blame.

I think you're onto something, it's probably a producer/directors choice. How could the director not notice and say CUT! Off to wardrobe!

#73   2013/01/18 04:40PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote jimjay001: More power to her. I happen to have incredibly sexy elbows. Not ashy at all. They're very smooth and pliable, with no clicking, popping or cracking sounds when I bend them. I show them off in short sleeved shirts and tight sleeved sweaters as often as I can. When I get my picture taken, or walk into a crowded room, I make sure I go in elbows first.

If you wanna let someone know they're having steak for dinner, you need to let them see it sizzle!!!

LOL jj. You rock.

#74   2013/01/18 04:40PM
    vikis3

Quote cutemama: Hello, I am watching the program now. She does have a bra on, I think it is just the wrong bra. I have had this to happen to me and I truly didn't realize it until one of my friends made a joke about it to me only. Now I purchase with a little more padding! Lol.

I have a few of those bras myself, they are cute and comfy, but doesn't alwys get the job done, i.e. padding...anything is apt to pop up

#75   2013/01/18 04:41PM
    Barbyboo

Bra or no bra Phylis is growing on me wow she's been a new personality...

#76   2013/01/18 04:43PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Leel:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote SanDiegoSteve_1: I agree with jimjay on this. Phyllis may be evil, wicked, mean, and nasty (don't step on the grass, Sam), but she is fine as wine still, and from the red-blooded man's perspective, she looks great! I think they intentionally show things like the boobage, etc. to attract the male demographic. That's JMO, but that's what I believe. It's not by accident.

Possibly. Do you think that the actress is trying to pimp herself though as some contend (going so far as to suggest she is wearing prosthetic nipples) or is it a producer/directors choice?

I get the highers up trying to draw in men. It is done everywhere in the industry. Typically though, it is not said that the actress made the choice. I can think of thousands of movies where this strategy is employed and has been criticized. But the actors were not to blame.

I think you're onto something, it's probably a producer/directors choice. How could the director not notice and say CUT! Off to wardrobe!

Thank you! I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I am just saying, there are a lot of levels that a scene must go through before airing it. To put it on the actress and suggest she must want her nips out there is unfair. She could be horrified or could care less. But in the end, it is not her decision to air the scene. She is just an actor.

#77   2013/01/18 04:45PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote vikis3:
    Quote cutemama: Hello, I am watching the program now. She does have a bra on, I think it is just the wrong bra. I have had this to happen to me and I truly didn't realize it until one of my friends made a joke about it to me only. Now I purchase with a little more padding! Lol.

I have a few of those bras myself, they are cute and comfy, but doesn't alwys get the job done, i.e. padding...anything is apt to pop up

There was this guy in high school who would say, is it nipply in here?

Embarrassing yes, and it probably drove padded bra sales through the roof.

#78   2013/01/18 04:53PM
    Its not real

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote vikis3:

So the guy was a jerk. I hope someone paid attention and pointed out to everyone when he got an inappropriate boner.

#79   2013/01/18 04:58PM
    Sunnyflower

I am glad this thread turned out funny and endearing, in its own way, rather than adversarial, as so many do.

Apparently many of us suffer from the nip problem or nipolitous. A life long condition with no cure.

I will share a story, if no one will hold it against me.

I put my car up for sale on a local site and didn't expect a quick response. Came home, took my day ware off, including my bra and was sporting a T-shirt and jammie pants. The door bell rang and it was a dude, who happened to be the ex of my friend, at the door, wanting to buy my car, with another male friend.

Opening the door was enough to cause a "disturbance". I held my arms over my chest and awkwardly negotiated the sale of my car. His 5 year old son was there too.

I did get a decent price. I suppose if I were a Y&R character, I may have "disarmed" myself and walked away with double.

I was just happy that the whole scene was over and done and the car was gone.

#80   2013/01/18 05:00PM
    jimjay001

Quote Its not real:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote vikis3:

So the guy was a jerk. I hope someone paid attention and pointed out to everyone when he got an inappropriate boner.

On second thought.... I retract that comment.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 05:00PM
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list