List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Started by Leel at 2013/01/18 09:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 03:00PM, Views: 12385, Replies: 134
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2013/01/18 02:58PM
    Re: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!
    go2girl

Quote TxRangerFan: I did not notice and neither did my husband who "notices" stuff like that. He can pick out a pair of bought boobs in an instant!

Her boobs CLEARY aren't bought. It wouldn't be a bad idea though...

#42   2013/01/18 02:59PM
    Leel

Quote BobbiSox: I don't know why she wants to flash her high-beams, but that doesn't bother me as much as those extra long sleeves. She keeps pulling them over her fingers, and wringing her hands, and holding her hands up under her face. What the heck is that?

You know I've been wondering about that too. I'm very self concious about my skinny wrists and have a coat I won't wear because it exposes them. I like long sleeves to be long enough to cover them. As for her contortions, my guess is that she knows how to be the focus of every scene she's in as in twisting every which way, moving her eyes a certain way, her expressions. You watch her just to see what she's going to do. It does look strange at times though.

#43   2013/01/18 03:02PM
    go2girl

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I didn't notice. Guess I wasn't looking close enough.

That said, it isn't HER decision, it is wardrobe.

I guess someone with the 'star power' of MS, she would have the last say on her wardrobe.

I highly doubt it. Why have wardrobe people at all??

Wardrobe can forbid an actress from wearing a bra? If so, why do all the others wear them? That's just crazy!!!

Wardrobe dictates what they wear, so yes. That said, she could throw a hissy fit as some actors have done on sets and be a diva, but I can only guess she chooses not to.

Well fighting for the "right" to wear a bra isn't being a diva. But I'm sure there are some diva's out ppthere but that's just ridiculous if the actress doesn't want to show nip...well, you know.

It would be really sad if a woman is so concerned that she might be looked upon as a diva if she has a problem with a wardrobe department of a soap opera pimping out her nipples (I guess possibly for ratings). It's her body, and her right to decide what parts should be shown without having to feel reprocutions.

If this so called nip malfunction occurred, as alleged, it should have been picked up by the technical editors or the director.

There are teams of people *other* than the actors involved in creating the show. With a lot of stuff I read on here, it seems people think the actors get the scripts in the mail and just show up on set and wing it.

I understand what you're saying but we don't even know if this is wardrobes fault. I'd venture to say this is a personal choice by a professional actor. Either way, someone somewhere needs to say something. OR, it could be happening on purpose. I know that Friends used to have either Monica or Rachel always have nips poking out to attract male viewers so it could be that...

#44   2013/01/18 03:04PM
    go2girl

Quote SanDiegoSteve_1: LOL at all the :nipplesessed: going on.

LOL at you being one of them...

#45   2013/01/18 03:08PM
    go2girl

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: I did not see Friday's US show, but on Thursday's Phyl had a bra on--the grey turtleneck was so tight that the outline of the bra made was impossible to miss. Are you guys saying that on Friday's US episode things were different?

It was a continuation of the same scene, so I wouldn't think so??

So unless the scenes were shot on different days, I'm not getting what the nip thing is all about--I saw a bra and absolutely no nip action. I've been in on past criticisms of the character's wardrobe, including the last nip battle, but this time I thought she looked just fine. The one thing I'd criticize is the tightness of the sleeves-regardless of anyone's arms, I just find the super-tight sleeve look on winter sweaters peculiar.

It was so blatant...to the point where I actually told my hubbie, "I think those are fake nips" LOL! They do make such a thing but the size and presence of Phyl's made it seem impossible to be real.

#46   2013/01/18 03:08PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:

I definitely hear what you're saying. But I'm just wondering, though, that if MS told the wardrobe department that she was uncomfortable not wearing a bra, could they have her fired or report her or something? I mean, it's her body, right? And if she doesn't want her nipples showing up on camera, I would be disappointed if she didn't have the right to control how exposed she wants her private parts to be.
    Here in Toronto, it is legal to go topless, and I am also not a prude; I've worn some hoochified things when I was in my twenties. But all I'm saying is that the wardrobe department should not be in a position to get her into trouble if MS thought it inappropriate to broadcast her nipples...jmho

I didn't notice and neither did others, as posted here and in the other bash thread. I have a brand new, huge, flat screen HDTV so... Hard for me to comment on that.

Possible she had a bra on but not a padded one. Who knows. I would have to ask wardrobe. Maybe we can email them.

Well, I am sightless, so it's neither hear nor there with me. But I find it really interesting to read the comments about this matter, though. I would love to e-mail wardrobe to find out their stance on a woman's perogative to show or not show certain parts...
    And I know that if I don't wear a padded bra, it doesn't take much for my girls to stand at attention, so I'm really really careful about times when I think it's okay to do that...and personally, for me, it's when I am in my own house and letting the girls fly free...sorry if that was a tmi! lol
    It's Friday; I don't know whether I'm coming or going right now...lol

Trust me, I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been wearing a padded bra since 10th grade and it is not to make my girls look bigger.

Sometimes I am home and have to answer the door and I have to keep my arms crossed against my chest.

#47   2013/01/18 03:10PM
    Leel

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:

I definitely hear what you're saying. But I'm just wondering, though, that if MS told the wardrobe department that she was uncomfortable not wearing a bra, could they have her fired or report her or something? I mean, it's her body, right? And if she doesn't want her nipples showing up on camera, I would be disappointed if she didn't have the right to control how exposed she wants her private parts to be.
    Here in Toronto, it is legal to go topless, and I am also not a prude; I've worn some hoochified things when I was in my twenties. But all I'm saying is that the wardrobe department should not be in a position to get her into trouble if MS thought it inappropriate to broadcast her nipples...jmho

I didn't notice and neither did others, as posted here and in the other bash thread. I have a brand new, huge, flat screen HDTV so... Hard for me to comment on that.

Possible she had a bra on but not a padded one. Who knows. I would have to ask wardrobe. Maybe we can email them.

It wasn't obvious from the side but when she turned boom, there it was! A very clear glaring outline under the sweater.

#48   2013/01/18 03:10PM
    ElleLa

I've no problem with nips or jiggly bits, I generally think inhibition is sexy on women. Bras have always rubbed me the wrong way, pun intended. I usually like whatever Phyllis is wearing, or at least how she wears it. No bra? 40 and over? Awesome, Lol!

#49   2013/01/18 03:12PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I guess someone with the 'star power' of MS, she would have the last say on her wardrobe.

I highly doubt it. Why have wardrobe people at all??

Wardrobe can forbid an actress from wearing a bra? If so, why do all the others wear them? That's just crazy!!!

Wardrobe dictates what they wear, so yes. That said, she could throw a hissy fit as some actors have done on sets and be a diva, but I can only guess she chooses not to.

Well fighting for the "right" to wear a bra isn't being a diva. But I'm sure there are some diva's out ppthere but that's just ridiculous if the actress doesn't want to show nip...well, you know.

It would be really sad if a woman is so concerned that she might be looked upon as a diva if she has a problem with a wardrobe department of a soap opera pimping out her nipples (I guess possibly for ratings). It's her body, and her right to decide what parts should be shown without having to feel reprocutions.

If this so called nip malfunction occurred, as alleged, it should have been picked up by the technical editors or the director.

There are teams of people *other* than the actors involved in creating the show. With a lot of stuff I read on here, it seems people think the actors get the scripts in the mail and just show up on set and wing it.

I understand what you're saying but we don't even know if this is wardrobes fault. I'd venture to say this is a personal choice by a professional actor. Either way, someone somewhere needs to say something. OR, it could be happening on purpose. I know that Friends used to have either Monica or Rachel always have nips poking out to attract male viewers so it could be that...

LOL my husband mentioned not that long ago that Rachel was infamous for that.

I can't see an actress on a daytime soap making that personal choice - any actress. Really, the request would have to be, not only can I go braless but can you make the set chilly so my nipples pop out? (I felt perverted just saying that.)

It could very well be a scheme by the higher ups to get male viewers attention though. IDK. LOL.

#50   2013/01/18 03:14PM
    bukopandan

Quote go2girl:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: I did not see Friday's US show, but on Thursday's Phyl had a bra on--the grey turtleneck was so tight that the outline of the bra made was impossible to miss. Are you guys saying that on Friday's US episode things were different?

It was a continuation of the same scene, so I wouldn't think so??

So unless the scenes were shot on different days, I'm not getting what the nip thing is all about--I saw a bra and absolutely no nip action. I've been in on past criticisms of the character's wardrobe, including the last nip battle, but this time I thought she looked just fine. The one thing I'd criticize is the tightness of the sleeves-regardless of anyone's arms, I just find the super-tight sleeve look on winter sweaters peculiar.

It was so blatant...to the point where I actually told my hubbie, "I think those are fake nips" LOL! They do make such a thing but the size and presence of Phyl's made it seem impossible to be real.

When was this, in the US that is? I saw nothing of the kind Thursday here in the States and missed the US Friday epi.

Well, nips aside, I want to find out what happened with Jamie and with Jack talking to Michael! I'll go watch it on the CBS site when it's available. Does anyone know when they post the most recent epi? Will Friday's US show appear, say, Saturday? Thanks.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list