List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Started by Leel at 2013/01/18 09:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 03:00PM, Views: 12109, Replies: 134
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2013/01/18 01:06PM
    Re: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!
    bukopandan

I did not see Friday's US show, but on Thursday's Phyl had a bra on--the grey turtleneck was so tight that the outline of the bra made was impossible to miss. Are you guys saying that on Friday's US episode things were different?

#32   2013/01/18 01:08PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote bukopandan: I did not see Friday's US show, but on Thursday's Phyl had a bra on--the grey turtleneck was so tight that the outline of the bra made was impossible to miss. Are you guys saying that on Friday's US episode things were different?

It was a continuation of the same scene, so I wouldn't think so??

#33   2013/01/18 01:08PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

LOL at all the :nipplesessed: going on.

#34   2013/01/18 01:12PM
    bukopandan

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: I did not see Friday's US show, but on Thursday's Phyl had a bra on--the grey turtleneck was so tight that the outline of the bra made was impossible to miss. Are you guys saying that on Friday's US episode things were different?

So unless the scenes were shot on different days, I'm not getting what the nip thing is all about--I saw a bra and absolutely no nip action. I've been in on past criticisms of the character's wardrobe, including the last nip battle, but this time I thought she looked just fine. The one thing I'd criticize is the tightness of the sleeves-regardless of anyone's arms, I just find the super-tight sleeve look on winter sweaters peculiar.

#35   2013/01/18 01:15PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

So unless the scenes were shot on different days, I'm not getting what the nip thing is all about--I saw a bra and absolutely no nip action. I've been in on past criticisms of the character's wardrobe, including the last nip battle, but this time I thought she looked just fine. The one thing I'd criticize is the tightness of the sleeves-regardless of anyone's arms, I just find the super-tight sleeve look on winter sweaters peculiar.

I really don't know, because I watched and honestly didn't notice anything. LOL @ the last nip battle. (Nipplegate is coming to my mind.)

I've often found wardrobe choices for many characters questionable, although overall I think this regime is doing a better job. (Usually.)

#36   2013/01/18 01:17PM
    bukopandan

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

I really don't know, because I watched and honestly didn't notice anything. LOL @ the last nip battle. (Nipplegate is coming to my mind.)

I've often found wardrobe choices for many characters questionable, although overall I think this regime is doing a better job. (Usually.)

I think things have improved, too, and I've really noticed it with Lauren.

#37   2013/01/18 01:19PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

I think things have improved, too, and I've really noticed it with Lauren.

Yes, absolutely. No more latex dresses. I love how they are dressing her now.

#38   2013/01/18 01:24PM
    trinilisa

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I didn't notice. Guess I wasn't looking close enough.

That said, it isn't HER decision, it is wardrobe.

I definitely hear what you're saying. But I'm just wondering, though, that if MS told the wardrobe department that she was uncomfortable not wearing a bra, could they have her fired or report her or something? I mean, it's her body, right? And if she doesn't want her nipples showing up on camera, I would be disappointed if she didn't have the right to control how exposed she wants her private parts to be.
    Here in Toronto, it is legal to go topless, and I am also not a prude; I've worn some hoochified things when I was in my twenties. But all I'm saying is that the wardrobe department should not be in a position to get her into trouble if MS thought it inappropriate to broadcast her nipples...jmho

I didn't notice and neither did others, as posted here and in the other bash thread. I have a brand new, huge, flat screen HDTV so... Hard for me to comment on that.

Possible she had a bra on but not a padded one. Who knows. I would have to ask wardrobe. Maybe we can email them.

Well, I am sightless, so it's neither hear nor there with me. But I find it really interesting to read the comments about this matter, though. I would love to e-mail wardrobe to find out their stance on a woman's perogative to show or not show certain parts...
    And I know that if I don't wear a padded bra, it doesn't take much for my girls to stand at attention, so I'm really really careful about times when I think it's okay to do that...and personally, for me, it's when I am in my own house and letting the girls fly free...sorry if that was a tmi! lol
    It's Friday; I don't know whether I'm coming or going right now...lol

#39   2013/01/18 01:32PM
    trinilisa

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I didn't notice. Guess I wasn't looking close enough.

That said, it isn't HER decision, it is wardrobe.

I guess someone with the 'star power' of MS, she would have the last say on her wardrobe.

I highly doubt it. Why have wardrobe people at all??

Wardrobe can forbid an actress from wearing a bra? If so, why do all the others wear them? That's just crazy!!!

Wardrobe dictates what they wear, so yes. That said, she could throw a hissy fit as some actors have done on sets and be a diva, but I can only guess she chooses not to.

Well fighting for the "right" to wear a bra isn't being a diva. But I'm sure there are some diva's out ppthere but that's just ridiculous if the actress doesn't want to show nip...well, you know.

It would be really sad if a woman is so concerned that she might be looked upon as a diva if she has a problem with a wardrobe department of a soap opera pimping out her nipples (I guess possibly for ratings). It's her body, and her right to decide what parts should be shown without having to feel reprocutions.

If this so called nip malfunction occurred, as alleged, it should have been picked up by the technical editors or the director.

There are teams of people *other* than the actors involved in creating the show. With a lot of stuff I read on here, it seems people think the actors get the scripts in the mail and just show up on set and wing it.

You're right; that would be crazy if the technical editors missed the malfunction. Or maybe they noticed it and asked MS if she thought it would be okay, or perhaps they had no time to do another take? I don't know, but it's fun to speculate.
    I should also add; it's also her perogative if she is proud of her nipples and wants to showcase them. I guess I keep going back to my own dress code for work, and I would actually be sent home if I wore such a revealing top. I could also be sent home if I wore a hoody! It's got to be business casual or business professional.
    Anyway, I know my workplace and the Y&R set are like apples to oranges, but I guess it could be more "normal" for her in her line of work than perhaps the average person who, say, works in a business environment.

#40   2013/01/18 02:44PM
    Graceee

It was the same grey sweater- she had a bra on which obviously had no padding & lacked some much needed support

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list