List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!

Started by Leel at 2013/01/18 09:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/19 03:00PM, Views: 12176, Replies: 134
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2013/01/18 12:21PM
    Re: Wardrobe!!! Phyllis!!
    Sunnyflower

Quote janesBydiction:
    Quote Sunnyflower: I didn't notice. Guess I wasn't looking close enough.

That said, it isn't HER decision, it is wardrobe.

Word. I literally did not see her nipples through her shirt or even notice she was braless. I always miss this type of stuff lol.

So do I!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 12:23PM
    #22   2013/01/18 12:24PM
    Just Mary

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote janesBydiction:

Word. I literally did not see her nipples through her shirt or even notice she was braless. I always miss this type of stuff lol.

So do I!

Well at least someone got a thrill!

#23   2013/01/18 12:33PM
    go2girl

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I guess someone with the 'star power' of MS, she would have the last say on her wardrobe.

I highly doubt it. Why have wardrobe people at all??

Wardrobe can forbid an actress from wearing a bra? If so, why do all the others wear them? That's just crazy!!!

Wardrobe dictates what they wear, so yes. That said, she could throw a hissy fit as some actors have done on sets and be a diva, but I can only guess she chooses not to.

Well fighting for the "right" to wear a bra isn't being a diva. But I'm sure there are some diva's out ppthere but that's just ridiculous if the actress doesn't want to show nip...well, you know.

#24   2013/01/18 12:35PM
    go2girl

Quote Just Mary: Well at least someone got a thrill!

Some ONE?! I'd say some millions, LOL!

#25   2013/01/18 12:46PM
    trinilisa

I definitely hear what you're saying. But I'm just wondering, though, that if MS told the wardrobe department that she was uncomfortable not wearing a bra, could they have her fired or report her or something? I mean, it's her body, right? And if she doesn't want her nipples showing up on camera, I would be disappointed if she didn't have the right to control how exposed she wants her private parts to be.
    Here in Toronto, it is legal to go topless, and I am also not a prude; I've worn some hoochified things when I was in my twenties. But all I'm saying is that the wardrobe department should not be in a position to get her into trouble if MS thought it inappropriate to broadcast her nipples...jmho

#26   2013/01/18 12:48PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote Just Mary:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote janesBydiction:

So do I!

Well at least someone got a thrill!

I did not notice and neither did my husband who "notices" stuff like that. He can pick out a pair of bought boobs in an instant!

as for the over the hand sleeves, it is the fashion, Brenda on GH always had the sleeves over the finger things. No biggie, just something for some to bash about!

MS/Phyllis always looks great! Wardrobe loves to dress her in the high end stuff! She still has that perfect runway body that she had when she was a professional model!

#27   2013/01/18 12:56PM
    trinilisa

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:

I guess someone with the 'star power' of MS, she would have the last say on her wardrobe.

Wardrobe can forbid an actress from wearing a bra? If so, why do all the others wear them? That's just crazy!!!

Wardrobe dictates what they wear, so yes. That said, she could throw a hissy fit as some actors have done on sets and be a diva, but I can only guess she chooses not to.

Well fighting for the "right" to wear a bra isn't being a diva. But I'm sure there are some diva's out ppthere but that's just ridiculous if the actress doesn't want to show nip...well, you know.

It would be really sad if a woman is so concerned that she might be looked upon as a diva if she has a problem with a wardrobe department of a soap opera pimping out her nipples (I guess possibly for ratings). It's her body, and her right to decide what parts should be shown without having to feel reprocutions.

#28   2013/01/18 01:00PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote trinilisa:

I definitely hear what you're saying. But I'm just wondering, though, that if MS told the wardrobe department that she was uncomfortable not wearing a bra, could they have her fired or report her or something? I mean, it's her body, right? And if she doesn't want her nipples showing up on camera, I would be disappointed if she didn't have the right to control how exposed she wants her private parts to be.
    Here in Toronto, it is legal to go topless, and I am also not a prude; I've worn some hoochified things when I was in my twenties. But all I'm saying is that the wardrobe department should not be in a position to get her into trouble if MS thought it inappropriate to broadcast her nipples...jmho

I didn't notice and neither did others, as posted here and in the other bash thread. I have a brand new, huge, flat screen HDTV so... Hard for me to comment on that.

Possible she had a bra on but not a padded one. Who knows. I would have to ask wardrobe. Maybe we can email them.

#29   2013/01/18 01:03PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Quote Leel: Please get a bra for Phyllis! We do not want to see the "headlights" full frontal view! I noticed the male actors could not keep their eyes from going there. Please! Phyllis gets enough attention as it is, do we really have to be subjected to this?

Speak for yourself, I like high beams.

#30   2013/01/18 01:04PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BobbiSox:

It would be really sad if a woman is so concerned that she might be looked upon as a diva if she has a problem with a wardrobe department of a soap opera pimping out her nipples (I guess possibly for ratings). It's her body, and her right to decide what parts should be shown without having to feel reprocutions.

If this so called nip malfunction occurred, as alleged, it should have been picked up by the technical editors or the director.

There are teams of people *other* than the actors involved in creating the show. With a lot of stuff I read on here, it seems people think the actors get the scripts in the mail and just show up on set and wing it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list