List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How much do the actors make on the show?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How much do the actors make on the show?

Started by the word at 2013/01/17 07:05PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/18 11:42AM, Views: 10190, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/17 07:05PM
    How much do the actors make on the show?
    the word

Michelle Stafford just bought a home for 1 million dollars so how much do the actors make on the show?

#2   2013/01/17 09:30PM
    Re: How much do the actors make on the show?
    JavaGurl

Michelle has been on the show about 15-16 years. Normally, with soap actors especially in lead roles, they get a wage increase with the renewal of their contract. Phyllis is a very popular character. No doubt Michelle earns at least mid-high 6 figures. She's also flipped/restored houses as additional revenue. She modeled briefly before she was on Y&R too.

#3   2013/01/17 09:47PM
    Cabo

Google.....Soap Star salaries, it is interesting.....
    Newbies make a certain amount.
    1-5 yrs a certain amount.
    5-10 yrs a certain amount
    Over 10 Veterans who are on at least 2 or more times a week
    make the top pay.
    You have to pay your dues and stay revalent in the soap business
    for sure ! Looks like a tough business. Now I understand why
    some of these actors hop around to other soaps.
    They still never make what prime time actors make, even long term.

#4   2013/01/17 10:39PM
    janesBydiction

I don't know but I do know that Kate Linder (Esther) current works as a flight attendant for United Airlines, the actor who plays Mason currently works as a vet tech and the actor who plays Carmine works as a bartender.

It would depend on seniority and airtime but someone like EB, MS, SC, JM would probably be making mid-high six figures like another poster stated while someone with less name recognition, recurring and who isn't on often wouldn't make enough to live off of.

#5   2013/01/18 05:42AM
    ilovela

Quote the word: Michelle Stafford just bought a home for 1 million dollars so how much do the actors make on the show?

However much they make, it's too much. What exactly is their contribution to society that justifies their fat salaries? They're not out there saving lives. Not only do they make too much money, they like to award themselves with Oscars, and Emmys, etc.(which, BTW, are just big commercials). I'm sorry they have such a hard job, having to be on the set before sunrise; the poor things suffer so. I'm sure they are compensated for their discomnfort. Everytime I see an actor talking about their "work", I could vomit. BTW, have any of these pampered eogmaniacs ever served in the military? I doubt it. And to answer your question, they make more in one week than the rest of make in one year.

#6   2013/01/18 06:11AM
    Its not real

Quote ilovela:
    Quote the word: Michelle Stafford just bought a home for 1 million dollars so how much do the actors make on the show?

However much they make, it's too much. What exactly is their contribution to society that justifies their fat salaries? They're not out there saving lives. Not only do they make too much money, they like to award themselves with Oscars, and Emmys, etc.(which, BTW, are just big commercials). I'm sorry they have such a hard job, having to be on the set before sunrise; the poor things suffer so. I'm sure they are compensated for their discomnfort. Everytime I see an actor talking about their "work", I could vomit. BTW, have any of these pampered eogmaniacs ever served in the military? I doubt it. And to answer your question, they make more in one week than the rest of make in one year.

WOW! A little bitter? there are a lot of professions out there that don't save lives and still make a lot of money; actors, singers, athletes in the big league sports for instance. Of course, if you look at the number of people who try to get to the top of those professions, the ones who actually make it big is a very small percentage. So the ones who are making it have gambled on going into a career where they may make it big, or they may just try and try for years and have nothing to show for it. As in a lot of things in life, the bigger the risk, the bigger reward if they succeed.

If any of us feel that it is unfair, then we only have to decided to stop whatever we are doing and become an actor or football player etc. I mean if it's so easy why not?

And I truly doubt that the small part player on one of these soaps is making more in a week than I did in a year when I was working. The top long time stars maybe, but then I was probably making more in a week than someone in a third world country was making in a year too so, if you are looking for salary fairness you might have to rethink your life style and your salary too. Any of us in the privileged first world countries are probably living in more comfort and making more money than a large part of the population of the world is.

#7   2013/01/18 07:53AM
    Cannon

Quote JavaGurl: Michelle has been on the show about 15-16 years. Normally, with soap actors especially in lead roles, they get a wage increase with the renewal of their contract. Phyllis is a very popular character. No doubt Michelle earns at least mid-high 6 figures. She's also flipped/restored houses as additional revenue. She modeled briefly before she was on Y&R too.

I think that Victor, Nikki, Adam, Billy, Victoria, Avery, Jack ex Ashley and ex Abby deserve every bit of their big salary.

#8   2013/01/18 07:58AM
    grammapam

I think they deserve it,but imo its really nobodys' business but theirs.Who cares?

#9   2013/01/18 08:25AM
    Cannon

Quote grammapam: I think they deserve it,but imo its really nobodys' business but theirs.Who cares?

You are right, its nobody's business. There are a lot of jealous people around.

#10   2013/01/18 09:28AM
    Rebecca- Rose

One million dolloars for a home is great .. im sure like other stars she could have gone higher !!!!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list