List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Preempting Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Preempting Y&R

Started by Pjki at 2013/01/17 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/21 08:26PM, Views: 7903, Replies: 123
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2013/01/18 06:06PM
    Re: Preempting Y&R
    bukopandan

Quote Starlight77:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Starlight77:
    Quote Pjki: Thank you. I figured I'd get negative responses on this one lol. But hey, I'm a big fan of Y&R; not a fan at all of Obama. So I figure those who love and afore him can watch. But as for me, I'd rather watch Y&R. Just sayin'.

It doesnt matter who the President is, his/her Inauguration, will always get press coverage, and on any given day, whatever he or she has to say, is more important than a trival and fictional soap opera. They turn off Y and R for much less important stuff, like golf tornaments, and NCAA basketball so I'd expect nothing less for the President of the United States. People don't have to like him or her, but they do have to show him/her Respect.

When I speak of a "her"... I'm speaking futuristically of coarse.

Yeah! Maybe not by 2016, but 2020? We shall see.

Starlight, not trying to be nosy here, but I haven't seen your posts in a while--have I been somehow overlooking them?

Oh Hi! You've havent missed my posts...lol, I just hadnt been watching Y and R much, and just read the MB... today however, I felt like responding...lol.

I know everyone does'nt like our President. Fair enough. I didnt care for Frm.Pres. Bush... but nonetheless, they are the President, and whomever holds the office, deserves our respect.

It's been great this week to see people returning to the MB who were already on here back when I first joined and read all your posts.

I hear you on the respect. Hopefully, this time no one in Congress will yell something out from their seats!

#52   2013/01/18 06:10PM
    sula

The crap of Y&R is more entertaining than that of the Obama thing... 4 more years of the quacking duck. Reality is nefarious. Inject me with more Y&R please!

#53   2013/01/18 06:27PM
    yandrfanx_

Y&R and B&B doesn't need to be pre-empted on Monday anyways cuz Y&R and B&B are more important then the stupid Presidential Inauguration and it does not need to be aired on channels 2, 4 and 62, it should only be aired on channel 7 and that's it.

#54   2013/01/18 06:41PM
    janesBydiction

This thread is gold and has me laughing my butt off. Thanks for reminding me why US politics is way more entertaining than Canadian politics.

#55   2013/01/19 06:50AM
    InCanada

Wow! I'm Canadian and do love US polictics and would love to see the Inauguration, I will be taping it to watch when I get home. The US is a leader in the world, so of course the US President's Inauguration will be shown on the major networks including CBS that it can be watched worldwide! People are acting as if the show will never be shown again!! What will some people do when its cancelled? Do an #OccupyCBS movement? Wow!!

#56   2013/01/19 08:55AM
    Barbyboo

Quote maja: @Pjki they have always prempted regular programming for Presidental Innaugarations no matter what the political party of that person is in. For goodness sake get a grip, it's just one day and no the episode won't be shown on Soap Net you'll have to wait until Tuesday .Also, if you want to make political statements go to a board that discusses politics, there are plenty of them.

Hi. Yes right on. This is just a soap. The other is history. Right on

#57   2013/01/19 08:55AM
    Barbyboo

Quote maja: @Pjki they have always prempted regular programming for Presidental Innaugarations no matter what the political party of that person is in. For goodness sake get a grip, it's just one day and no the episode won't be shown on Soap Net you'll have to wait until Tuesday .Also, if you want to make political statements go to a board that discusses politics, there are plenty of them.

Hi. Yes right on. This is just a soap. The other is history. Right on

#58   2013/01/19 08:57AM
    Barbyboo

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: I just checked my Tv Listings on Comcast and it shows Y&R and B&B is new and is gonna be on so HA!

I have a feeling you're going to be very disappointed when YR, BB and the rest of the soaps and other Network shows are preempted on Monday.

Y&R and B&B doesn't need to be pre-empted on Monday anyways cuz Y&R and B&B are more important then the stupid Presidential Inauguration and it does not need to be aired on channels 2, 4 and 62, it should only be aired on channel 7 and that's it

Wow priorities....time to get a grip..this is not real it's just fun. Tuesdys jut one day away

#59   2013/01/19 08:58AM
    Barbyboo

Wow ! One word has all this covered. Just. Wow!

#60   2013/01/19 09:58AM
    Tambam

Quote cutemama:
    Quote Pjki: Monday January 21:
    "Y&R" is pre-empted for the Presidential Inauguration.

I hate that they are preempting Y&R for PI. Some of us don't care about king Obama. So put him on his own channel, and at least give the "momentarily free people" a choice!!! Leave my programs alone. Don't be like Communist countries where the president's face is on every channel. When that day comes, I will trash my TV.

Maybe SOAP channel will run Monday's episode. Hoping.

That wasn't nice.....There are millions who will be watching!

I will be I love the Pres!! He's awesome on every level

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list